Mobile Game - PunchOut inspired Mean Streets - not dead!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CraftshopArts, Mar 20, 2018.

1. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
    #1 CraftshopArts, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Just an update after a long time away. We introduced Mean Streets on this forum back in 2016. It was intended to be a FTP mobile game in the vein of Punchout with a mix of Day Management. Since then development had shifted from FTP to premium. And, the 2 of us who are working on the project, had times on and off. We just wanna say its still alive, trying to put in some more time while looking for some funding options. Meanwhile we wanna throw the latest development trailer for it. Please enjoy, and as before, we would love feedback. As it has become quite demanding, we would like to work on features that people would like to see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0NyYOaHAs[/URL]

Thanks

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/CraftShopArts/

Attached Files:

• ms1.jpg
      ms1.jpg
      File size:
      189.6 KB
      Views:
    • ms2.jpg
      ms2.jpg
      File size:
      214.1 KB
      Views:
    • ms3.jpg
      ms3.jpg
      File size:
      242 KB
      Views:
    • ms4.jpg
      ms4.jpg
      File size:
      166.2 KB
      Views:
    • ms6.jpg
      ms6.jpg
      File size:
      195.5 KB
      Views:
    • ms5.jpg
      ms5.jpg
      File size:
      170 KB
      Views:
  2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Wow! Looks really good!

3. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
  4. DMarT

DMarT Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Thinking Outside the Boxing

This looks like an amazing boxing RPG hybrid, way to go! Cant wait!

5. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Yeah thats what we were going for. But trying to find a good balance. You basically have actions you do during the day. Actions cost time, whether it be traveling to a mission, or a place to eat, or spending time to train.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Whoa! Totally digging the looks of THIS!!! Great style and really polished! Love that it includes kicking in it! I can’t wait to get my grubby hands on it!! ##

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Oh, Hey, by the way, when is this scheduled to be released?
    Will you need beta testers soon?
    If so, count me in!! :D

8. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I hate to give inaccurate info on a release, because we already aimed for last year. bit things didnt work out and slowed down. Ofcourse those, Im hoping to have this released this year. And yes, we are here to find feedback. When we are ready, ill pass u a code!

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

This looks absolutely fantastic. I was in from the first 15 seconds of the trailer!

Count me in if you need help, good lord am I excited about this game!

10. mgeoff88

mgeoff88 Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    This looks great! It’s like a cross between Punch-Out!! and Roadhouse.

As someone that used to work as a bouncer, I appreciate that I could step into the shoes of a bouncer again without having to feel any of the stress or pain that comes with the job lol.

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #11 redribbon, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    great one. can be the next gem. ill keep my eyes on this for sure.
    i dont know but it kinda brings me some vibe from The Con PSP?

ps. forgot to mention, kickstarter or anything to support you guys? im in.

12. CST511

CST511 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Manufacturing Sales Management
    Oklahoma
    Looks incredible!

Yes! Please count me in when you guys are ready for the Beta builds to be sent out...I would appreciate the opportunity to test this one and provide feedback as usual. Could be the next gem as others have stated previously, it honestly could be! Hell of a job guys!

13. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Holy s..t this game looks amazing and fun. Please get on my iPad. Fighting games on mobile are so weak. We need a good one

14. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I actually kept passing this up until I decided screw it and went in to check it out. I actually really like what I saw in the trailer and if you’re going premium with it then I am definitely going to buy when it comes out. One thing that does concern me is I think I read something about traveling and doing things cost “time” now this sounds a little too close to a stamina meter which you should really avoid especially if it’s going to be a paid game. I mean I picture one of two possible ways that would go. You have X amount of stamina and every time you take a mission it deducts Y amount of stamina and you do this until you run out, or when you choose a mission your character takes X amount of minutes to get there before you can enter the level and do the fight. Really, it would be cool if you had free roam of the city. You could take a call from people needing your services and on your way maybe there’s others on the street that could use some help or some “thugs” lookin to pick a fight but they’re optional for some extra coin or whatever. Maybe as an alternative to training in a gym. Which brings me to another suggestion. The training. I dunno how interactive it will be but I’d love to see different training options where you actually do stuff in stead of just watch or wait for it to complete. Like have you ever watched The Arrow? Or pretty much any martial arts movie where they train with that wooden dummy that has the arms that come out and they spin and like in the movies/shows they’re training with them by doing different blocks and punches against the body and arms of the dummy? Or like your guy stands there while there are bags flying down at him on rope and as they get close you have to time your roundhouse kicks to hit them, you know to train your kicks and stuff.

15. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Awesome. Glad to hear, and hope we can represent your former job well there. Will have to say that the guys running the business do have an agenda with the town, but in the end, being a good guy will prevail.

16. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
    @dbagga84 - thanks for checking it out, and really thanks for that great feedback, your actually thinking exactly how we were for all your points. its definitely something to consider again. When the game was being designed as a fpt, yes stamina was a feature that we all see in ftp games. Fortunately for us, we arent fpt experts and preferred to make a paid full experience. Stamina did stick in, but as a way to help govern the players decisions. You can refill stamina through items.

Funny you mention the free roaming. So currently you select a target on map, you see the time and stamina cost, and the player auto travels there. We had this originally, but opted to change to free roaming, and as you mentioned, we had ideas to have you see random events happening on the map as you head to locations, and had exploration. But our time and stamina mechanics made this all a hard problem to solve. In the end, months and months were lost to this cool feature. So we returned. Its possible Stamina gets rethunk. As for the training, yeah I get that too. But for a 2 man team it was hard to maximize in every area. We felt a need to scope in our first go at it. Lets see what happens tho. Id like to see where we can take these ideas with funding for extra manpower.

@redribbon- thank you. As for a kickstarter, i guess its possible. I really dont know much on the crowd funding side of things, its very new to us old timer devs. But its definitely an option, as we need some sort of funding to move forward and plus the exposure will help both in motivation and sales. I wonder how people find out about Kickstarters in the first place?

17. sinanayurt

sinanayurt Active Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Making ftp to premium? This is really hard decision and you guys deserve respects! I will buy this game at any price! Thanks guys. Ftp is cancer of mobile gaming.

By the way everything looks fine. Just release :) but if you still want some feedbacks here it is; I think game gives me very Persona vibes. It would be really good seeing some social activites like Persona. Maybe even could be gang members in fights. Because game may looks a fighting game but its really fit JRPG-like class.

Thanks again. Keep going!

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Wow

Just incredible

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Looks truly professional and generally awesome. I'm itching for more fighting games for iOS, and without knowing the actual control scheme, Mean Streets looks extremely fluid and intuitive (always a plus for a real-life fighter who prefers to rely on reflexes and instincts over complex combos, frame advantage, pixel precision and specific attack properties in fighting games).

I'm curious: both the TA article and posts in this thread refers to Mean Streets as a boxing game. But I noticed a few high-flying roundhouse kicks and other lower body techniques in the trailer. So will we be boxing in them mean streets, or actually street fighting? ;)

20. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I had been wondering where this was.

Saw info on it over a year or so ago and then the trail went cold.

Nice to see it heating up again. It's looking great!