Universal MO: Astray (by Rayark International Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 11, 2020.

1. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Yes.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I just wanted to bump this and say out of all the solid releases of recent weeks I think this is the best of them.

If you didn’t pick it up or weren’t sure maybe take a second look and give it some thought.

metalcasket likes this.
  3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This SO much. Instant classic and my favorite game this year.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    +1

great for the loo, would buy again.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Currently on sale for those monsters here that have yet to do what is right and purchase this great game.

Anotherkellydown and squarezero like this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know, I'm in absolute shock that this thread only has 2 pages. What the hell?!

ste86uk likes this.
  7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

You’re right, they are monsters! This is one of the best games on iOS in my opinion.

Me too!

I feel like the forums are generally more quiet now than in the past. Even amazing games like MO hardly get any traction here.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I would like to one day believe that everybody just moved on from TouchArcade, but I know the real reason these forums don't really feel alive anymore is the state of mobile gaming. Premium games are far and few between nowadays, and what does come out is not only priced higher than in the heyday of mobile gaming, but not necessarily of the same quality. Y'all know how much love I've put into these forums, but take a look at my phone right now and you'll only find Dead Cells, the Ace Attorney trilogy, Tallowmere 2 and EverCrawl. I'm kind of over rogue-lite deckbuilders and don't care for Monster Train, and the only thing I'm looking forward to is Wreckfest. I'm just kind of over mobile gaming as a whole, really. Not in a way that I'll stop caring about it or stop buying what I want, but like, I don't need mobile gaming anymore. It truly pains me to say that.

Oh, and another factor is I'm kind of over iPhones too. I haven't felt the need to pick up a new one since the XS. I'll probably get a 15 out of necessity next year, but hell, I think the only thing truly keeping me on iOS is Apollo (for reddit) really. Sure, I'd lose out on thousands of bucks spent on games and apps over the course of a decade, but whatever.

Man did this post turn depressing with every edit. NEVERMIND! Ignore me please. :D

ste86uk and Makara Nou like this.
  9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I think this community is what keeps me as engaged in mobile games like I do. It has almost literally taken over my life. Like, to the point where I wish I was more like you - only having a handful of pure gems/must-haves on your phone. I’m the exact opposite. I’ve got so many games that I’ve almost maxed out my 256G iPhone storage. That’s not to say I play even 75% of them anymore, but more like I just got out of control and didn’t keep up with sorting out the ones I don’t play anymore. Still, there are so many that I don’t want to remove in hopes that I’ll play through them sometime.

As far as the state of the App Store and the quality? I know what you mean. We used to get away with thievery at the prices and quality of the “old App Store days”. I’m still able to find so many games that I want to play though. Need to work on this aspect of my life, lol. I feel tied to my phone and this site! :oops:

Anyway, go buy MO: Astray!

ste86uk and metalcasket like this.
  10. It pains me to say I kinda moved on from mobile gaming as a whole or now and then I will just check out what's coming next from Playgious. I love the enjoyment and excitement of seeing console/pc games coming to mobile. Those were good old days.

ste86uk likes this.
  11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah it’s not the same as the heyday of gaming. Every week I was buying 5 or more games as so many quality ones came out. Gameoft had big name games out and they went downhill with freemium dungeon hunter.

I still blame users for not buying games when they were cheap and begging for promo codes or price drops. Devs need money !

But as mentioned before I don’t mind games are more expensive but they’re not as good. You still get the odd gem like Foregone and Dysmantle but there’s not many recent games I get. Enjoy some of the SNK releases. Still get a thrill of having some classic games like metal slug, vice city, sonic and others on my phone.

don’t have enough time for console gaming and I travel a lot so mobile gaming I love. Have about 1100 games on my phone but just haven’t bought many the last few years. On the plus side it gives me time to go back and play games I might not have given much time to in the past

Used to subscribe to Apple Arcade and I think it’s improved but still like lots of the classics I’ve bought over the years.
    But damn back in the heyday. Wow. Loved it

solarnya and ste86uk like this.
  12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I know what you’re all saying mobile gaming definitely doesn’t seem as good as it use to be since so many are going down the freemium route but even then there aren’t really many big releases.

Personally for the free time I get I still manage to find enough to keep me more than happy and occupied but I know if I had a lot more time I’d probably struggle. Plus I don’t mind some free to play games.

Mobile is still a huge market and really popular it seems generating a lot of sales, but I fear it’ll stay going down the free to play route with less great premium releases. I don’t even bother looking at the sales charts as they just seem to be filled with mostly old games that can’t possibly still be selling that amount to be so high on the paid charts.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Like I say I have so many free games I now tend to go back and play some older ones. Got into morphite and love that. Recently completed a platform game I was playing tons. Going back to try and complete Goblin Sword also and even sonic. Damn that’s one hard game ! All these years later and I’ve only just discovered some of the later levels I’ve never got to before.

Love the fact as I said before I have so many classics in the palm of my hand. Go abroad and I’m in some hotel with tons of games or access to my films via plex. Love it

ste86uk likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @psj3809 I’ve been going back to games too as I’ve got many I never touched or didn’t play much because I purchased so many! Catching up on some of those and then Apple Arcade releases also inspire me to replay some games I never quite finished so I start them again from the beginning or even in the case of Cat Quest 2 play through it again even though I did finish it.

15. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Interesting discussion in here. My two cents: websites in general and forums are a thing of the past. Game discussions happen mostly on Reddit and social media sites like YouTube or TikTok nowadays. That‘s the reality, no platform is the one place forever. Never was.

I don‘t neccessarily share the "everything was better back then attitude", since I still spend quite a lot of money on mobile gaming. And despite the monumental rise of shitty free-to-play games, great indies and great ports never ceased to come, and I even sense a rise in recent months. So, yes, nobody talks about Mo in here. But also nobody talks about Marvel Snap IN HERE. It‘s not because of the games, but because we‘re chatting in a forum. Try to explain forums to today‘s youth, they‘d roll their eyes and call us grandpa. And that‘s fine.

psj3809 and ste86uk like this.
  16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I’ve had a thought the other day. Discord is the modern day forum.

The main difference is, it’s a unified platform where you have access to many discussions going on.

You can add “forums” to Discord and, when structured well, they have similar features to forums. There’s sub-forums, topics, threads, and all that jazz. Didn’t think I’d share that realisation here, but yeah.