MMOs and stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Echoseven, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a decent MMO to play, and while I know taste is subjective, I'm curious about what decent options are available to me.

I'm sure there are MMO players around here, and I'd love to hear your opinions on the current state of the game you're playing!

Something along the line of "Tera: Excellent combat, crap end-game, not enough players", etc. Things that aren't subjective like taste - you obviously like the game you play, right?

I've played WoW for a while, Rift, Tera, Runescape, Runes of Magic, etc, so I know my way around the MMO world, but when it comes to picking something out, I invariably get stuck. Comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Well, Order & Chaos, of course.
    Big world with lots of players, OPTIONAL IAP and no monthly fee anymore, mounts, raids, all you want. A full-fledged WoW clone. I am playing it countinously since a year. They even added Arena Fights in PvP mode. Game is still constantly updated. I am on Amurrica - Arcadian Forest server.

3. Dragnoe

Dragnoe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    If you're willing to wait a few months for the beta, City of Steam is a really good game. Best of all, you can play it directly in your browser.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Heh, I meant big-scale stuff, not iOS, sorry. :eek:

Can't really be bothered playing an MMO on my phone, to be honest.

5. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    There are two MMO's you could check out. First one is Faction Wars (You played that?), and finally Pocket Legends, by Spacetime Studios. It's very cartoony and childish, but adults play it.

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    LOL this is the best post ever!!! This is a mobile gaming website forum but you didnt mean iOS and can't be bothered playing on your phone?!!!

This is like going to an nfl football forum and saying "hey do u think new York will win?" and then say u meant the MBA Knicks.

Ok but to answer your question just get guild wars 2 for pc. No fee and it's pretty much consensus the best mmo ever.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You should move this to the lounge then ;)

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    This was posted in the lounge, actually... Why someone moved it, I don't really know.

In the context of the General forum though, asking for a non-mobile MMO does seem a bit silly. :p