Universal MLB Perfect Inning - (by GAMEVIL USA, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, May 7, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #101 worldcitizen1919, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    New update says 'game difficulty rebalanced'. Should be interesting. Probably no-one playing it forced their hand. But I hope its a lot better not just a bit better.

Don't bother it's no different. They just tweaked the AI to give you a few more bad balls but they are always caught. They really have stuffed this game up big time. Don't waste your time.

2. osodani

osodani New Member

May 8, 2014
    That's one of the things I really don't get. When the opposing team throws you a bad pitch, I always hit it well but it is always right at someone and easily caught. Seems like a major AI glitch.

3. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #103 worldcitizen1919, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    Ha! You discovered that too?? They just gave us more dud balls to make it look like batting has been made easier but it hasn't. You just get out more from catches now instead of strikes. How pathetic. They think we're absolute fools. No way its a glitch. You have to pay $$$$$ to bat good.

Imagine if they released this fully working as a premium game for $20. I'd buy it instantly but they released it free broken and you've gotta pay through the nose to fix it. Probably a couple of hundred dollars to get it to play the way it should have originally.

How in the hell can easy mode be so impossible? You'd think easy would be easy but on this game I don't think there's any difference between easy and hard. Just less' bad balls'. Ha! All my bad balls were always caught out!! The last game I only scored 1 run in 9 innings. Ha! What a joke!!

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It's sad that developers make games balanced like this. Take Avengers Alliance or Fantasy Manager for instance: They offer you a lot of balanced play and ability to unlock things without paying money... So, what does that do? It encourages me to pay money to do even more. However, THIS game does the opposite. The gameplay is so unbalanced, I will NEVER put a cent into this game! If it was balanced, I would probably at least put $5-10 into it. But instead, RBI Baseball got my money because it is more balanced. And that's saying something.

5. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #105 worldcitizen1919, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    The update did some visual tricks but didn't change the difficulty.

The score the AI racks up is much less so it. 'Appears' the game is closer but losing 8-0 instead of 13-0 is still same AI, SAME difficulty just a cosmetic trick.

Next you get more 'bad balls'. Still although the graphics show them to be bad balls I maintain that they're not really bad balls because all of them get caught. Another cosmetic trick.

The changes made are all COSMETIC. The difficulty has not been fine tuned whatsoever.

Nothing has been changed. I still go 9 innings without scoring. I still can't score after all this practice.

I have about 4 master players and on easy the game is the same as when I first started and had no master players.

There's a lot of tricks on the eyes. The bottom line is they want to force you to buy again and again.

As someone stated here. If they gave you plenty of enjoyment you wouldn't mind throwing money at it but there's no enjoyment in this game. I even bought $10 drafts but still no difference so why would anyone want to waste their time on a game that offers nothing even if you've paid?

I'll throw money at Avengers Alliance because its astronomic pure unadulterated FUN and you get the fun for FREE. You can play and win characters and do so much without having to pay a cent. With this you get nothing if you pay or not.

6. pruppert

pruppert Member

May 15, 2014
    I tried to like this game, but it's way too hard. The in game purchase system for upgrading players is confusing and opaque. I literally don't understand what to purchase even if I wanted to buy an upgrade. The documentation is awful and seems to be translated from another language. The graphics are decent, which makes it frustrating that every other aspect of the game is such a turd.

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I completely agree. Yesterday I lost 3-12 instead of 0-10, but 3 runs and a bunch of balls thrown in aren't enough to get me to invest money. I'll invest time now and then because the graphics are great. But I'd much rather play iOOTP or RBI Baseball for stats and action respectively.

As far as free fun games, I totally agree that Avengers Alliance is where it's at. They got some money from me already and are going to be getting more because they offer enough to do and get for free.

I hate seeing the MLB being sold out and dragged through the mud of these endless free to play tragedies. Why can't they just make a legitimate premium baseball game that looks as good as this one but plays fairly?!?

8. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    I agree the update is a joke and an insult to our intelligence.
    Too bad because the game was solid. It' s just been used in the wrong way

Maybe time to even stop talking about this game and let everyone forget about it. I hope Gamevil will loose tons of money and learn a lesson, but I also know there are too many fools out there who will fall for this.

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, if they could ever figure out the upgrade process. Gamevil would have more luck if they just said upgrade your player to 10% closer to the next level by tapping here to pay $0.99.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Why can you only train silver players? How do I get my bronze players to silver?

11. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    You can only upgrade silver cards.

Bronze cards can only be used to play the game or extra cards as XP for upgrading other cards. I don't think you can ever upgrade a bronze card to a silver but you can upgrade a silver card to a master card only using another silver card.

But I found even upgrading cards to master made no noticeable difference. I still have exactly the same trouble scoring with 4 master cards as I did when I had none. It's better just to forget this game.

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang not what I wanted to hear :(

13. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    They should just have the one hard difficulty because there's no easy difficulty here except in name. Hopefully they'll learn when no one turns up to play.

14. beaver_lions

beaver_lions Member

Feb 20, 2014
    I find it interesting that everyone is complaining about it. I've won multiple games with mostly silver players and three gold. Even before with just one gold and all bronze I did reasonably well.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Totally agree. I think people expect to get dozens of hits and runs every game, and that just isn't how baseball works. I will say that it wouldn't hurt to have the "Easy" difficulty be like "baby's first baseball game" where it's super easy to get hits and score runs. I'm playing on the current Easy difficulty and it feels perfect for me, but should probably be the "Normal" difficulty.

Anyway, I love this game, despite all the confusing weird stuff it does with upgrading players and stuff. The actual core gameplay is fantastic.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I wouldn't mind if easy made it so neither team scored a ton. But every time I don't throw a perfect pitch, they make contact and usually get a hit. Shouldn't be THAT easy for them but not for me. Balance is the key word. This game doesn't have it. Unless I buy a bunch of new players from some "draft" and then "sacrifice" them to upgrade only silver players but not all of the bronze players for some reason. Terrible gameplay mechanic. I'd rather just pay money straight up to get players or level up OR better yet... Just buy the whole game outright. That's the only way I'll spend money. So until then I'll enjoy blasting this game for it's need to balance gameplay and fix a weird upgrading mechanic.

17. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #117 worldcitizen1919, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    To get decent players you've got to buy drafts. Where do you get gold players? I've spent $10 only have Master silver. I figure to get gold you would have to buy enough drafts to get enough silver players to upgrade to Master then Master to upgrade master to gold? That involves a steep cash layout. You don't get handed silver players enough to upgrade them to master and gold without laying out money.

All they've done with the AI is have it win by less. Batting is still next to impossible. You can go a few games without even hitting one run. Yet the AI never fails to score.

18. beaver_lions

beaver_lions Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Thanks for the agreement. I think teams should start with more silver players honestly. The gameplay is great but I do not like how there are no errors or chasing balls out of the strike zone. It's not realistic to leave them out. What's with the players jumping out of the box when there's a ball inside at all? The odds are stacked against you because of these missing features but it still is beatable.

19. osodani

osodani New Member

May 8, 2014
    So can someone clarify something for me?

I find the game very beatable on easy mode. However, I continue to be stuck with just the 4 basic silver players on my team. I have gone through many drafts of all types and have gotten lots of silver and a few gold players, but NEVER any of them on my team. Have I just been unlucky so far? Or does the game actively stop you from getting silver cards you can actually use?

All I want to do is to increase my poor guys' stamina. They tire out so fast.

20. beaver_lions

beaver_lions Member

Feb 20, 2014
    You can use anyone that you get. I realized that if I wanted to get a decent team of Orioles I would have to get players from other teams that were silver to win games and bonuses.