Universal MLB Perfect Inning - (by GAMEVIL USA, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, May 7, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    This is as close to a real fully licensed game we've got on ios. I wish they'd improve the batting on easy but using the auto contact I'm having some success though.

Bottom 9th Yankees (me) Angels 2 all. I hit a couple of good balls got a player on 3 rd and then great hit to the wall and pressed home button like mad and won 3-2!!!

They need to tweak things a bit but if you really try you can win. I only play offense so the game goes by really fast. Batting is very difficult that's the main problem. I suppose by levelling up your batsman you can improve the batting but that would cost real money. They have to make money somehow so I guess they nerfed batting to do it.

But there's a good game in here and I'm slowly finding it.

I just think they went about the launch the wrong way. They should have made batting easier and then it would have taken off. Their menus are confusing too. They should be just holding your hand for a while until you know what's going on but still I'm not sure how you level up players or get them to 'master' level whatever that is. Anyone?

2. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    What a match! I bought 5 draft players with the 60,000 gold I accumulated and sacrificed thepm to train a batter up a level.

Then I took on the Seattle Mariners who scored a triple in the first innings to my one. But in the sixt innings I scored 6 runs off base runs!!! The final score Yankees 8 Mariners 3!! My first second win in a row. I stand at 7-4 3rd on the table.

The buttons for the runners which I thought were 'too many' are turning out to be a godsend. When you hit to the wall or just want to steal a base those buttons are extremely intuitive.

I would have launched this game with batters much better on easy but since its free and they had to pay for licensing we should buy a few drafts to level up some players. I bought the $10 draft which gave me a few silver players. Since then I'm just adding drafts from accumulated gold.

This game's worth supporting in my view. Steep learning curve because of menus but it's fully licensed and plays superbly. I prefer not to field and pitch as the game takes too long. But I'm upping my stars to 4/5.

3. RelientKSoCal

RelientKSoCal Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Well I logged in today and got some kind of bonus package that gave me 3 silver and even 1 gold player, and - what do you know! - I actually won a game, 3-2.
    Maybe Gamevil realized they nerfed the teams too much so they gave out some higher ranked players for free, who knows. At least I can actually win a game now without having to plunk down real money.

4. Redman5006

Redman5006 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Has anyone figured out how to train players on your team? If I wanted a puzzle game I would have bought one. Thanks in advance.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So why in the world do I have like 20-30 achievements pop up at the beginning of every new game I play?!? Super annoying! And then there's the fact that sometimes when an outfielder is throwing it to the cutoff man, the ball lands on the ground and just rolls and no one gets it!!! Then the other team scores because the ball is just sitting there! Why would I ever put money into a game with mechanics like that?!

6. osodani

osodani New Member

May 8, 2014
    This game is growing on me, although the interface seems like it was designed on a flowchart and not by someone who has ever used an iPad before.

The game is much better on easy mode, I'm actually winning my share of games. For the achievements, in season mode, click on your name in the upper left and you'll see a new screen with Missions and Achievements. You can collect your mission/achievement rewards there, but then of course you have to go to your inbox to collect them again (?!), and then go to your inventory to use them. It's nonsensical.

As far as I can tell, you can only train players by using draft picks to get new players, then going into training and releasing the players you drafted, which helps get your current players experience. Again, this seems to have been made by someone who has a) never played baseball and b) never created a UI.

But you can only train your silver players. I have gotten new silver cards only by using lottery picks, which cost stars. And I've never gotten a silver card of a player on my team. The regular draft picks are supposed to give you a range of cards, but I've never gotten silvers, only bronze. The whole system is messed up and should be redone.

I can't imagine that Gameevil has made much money off of this ridiculous and overcomplicated IAP system. They would be much better off if they ripped out the IAP and went up against RBI 14 with a $9.99 full upgrade option.

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd buy that in a heartbeat if the did THAT and decreased the difficulty for at least the Easy option.

8. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    This could have been a fantastic game. The ultimate baseball game on ios. It's just too hard. And the GUI is terribly confusing. I won a few then found I couldn't bat again.

Don't they have anyone competent to fix this game? It's just a few tweaks from being great but nobody seems to be listening. I give up on this. Its a real, real shame. I don't think we'll ever have another baseball game on ios as good as this could gave been. Very sad.

9. Redman5006

Redman5006 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Ok, I was headed in that direction but got really frustrated and put in away for a couple of days. The drafting players to train your current team silly. Thanks for the insight.

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, I don't know about you, but when I deleted this finally the other day it had bloated to almost 1GB!!! I mean, did anyone else's copy of it keep growing like mine? Will it continue to grow if we don't delete it every now and then?!

11. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Unplayable. I'm thinking about deleting. It looks like the difficulty in batting is quite deliberate to push IAP's. I love the licensed stuff but it's just impossible to play. I've seem other forums with scores of gamers damning this game and almost no-one has a good word for it. They all complain about the batting being so difficult on easy. I hope someone at Gamevil does something or maybe they just don't care? I'll wait for an update and see what happens. If they still are adamant to keep the impossible batting on easy then I'll have to delete.

TA probably give it a 2-3. It's just unplayable.

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm not claiming batting is easy, it should definitively be made much, much more accessible (preferably with visual cues as the ball closes the gap to the bat), and I'm struggling to hit the ball reliably and consistently even on easy.

But I connect often enough to know that batting is far from impossible, and the game is far from unplayable.

I'm enjoying the season, and while I'm struggling to stay afloat, I'm not being consistently defeated. The freemium mechanics are certainly not generous, but not patently malicious, and I have yet to run into any absolute paywalls.

Again, I'm not defending the game to absolution in its current state. It needs work. But if I can enjoy it, and bat reliably enough to make at least some games interesting, then what is needed is probably minor tweaks to the batting mechanics, with some visual cues added, rather than a complete overhaul.

Also, as far as I've understood the freemium mechanics, there are no purchaseable elements that extend the window for connecting with the ball, and thus batting cannot be made easier via IAP (unless the attributes of IAP batters somehow make a drastic difference in connecting with the ball). Which would make the current batting mechanics an oversight rather than an aggressive push towards IAP.

(I'm not putting roid-rage levels of IAP aggressiveness beyond Gamevil :) But this does not seem like an example of that.)

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I connect quite a bit too. Even my big hitters like Cabrera and Martinez just hit tiny little weak hits that stay in the outfield and they get thrown out almost every time. And THOSE are my power hitters on easy.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So I had deleted this, but decided to install it again to see if it ended up taking up a full GB again. And it did. But I couldn't log into my previous player account. So, what's the point of having one if we can't log into it and resume our old game?

15. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Yeh, I did this too. Defeats the whole purpose of creating an account if you can't log back into it!

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Have to admit I havent played this in a while but fired it up last night and was having a lot of fun actually.

17. RelientKSoCal

RelientKSoCal Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I've been unable to log in all day. The app actually automatically opens Safari to gonggames.com to a white screen with black text that simply says "CBT has now closed. Thank you." When I switch back to the game it's just stuck on the log in screen and won't start. What???
    I was playing a couple nights ago and it randomly kicked me off in the middle of a game too, apparently there was server maintenance. Would have been nice to be warned of this when I logged in.
    All in all this is getting too frustrating for me to keep caring about this game. I'm pretty close to deletion.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #98 curtisrshideler, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    And THAT'S why online only games are NOT the way to go for the future. If a company's servers or doors close, no more money comes in for anyone. If they would have released it as a premium not-online with IAP it would still work and money might still be rolling in.

EDIT: Anyway, I can log in fine (on my second made account). Not one hiccup. Maybe it's fixed? Still believe my above statement though.

19. RelientKSoCal

RelientKSoCal Member

Mar 21, 2013
    So I read your post and tried to play again, now I'm getting this message:

"Under Maintenance
    Dear players,
    MLB Perfect Inning is currently under maintenance. You are unable to play the game during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [Schedule]"

I thought maybe tapping "Schedule" would bring up the hours of the maintenance or something but, nope, nothing. Tapping the "OK" button underneath this message just exits the app.
    ...Aaaaaaand deleted.

20. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Still the same. I got a master player and he bats ok but you can go through 9 innings no score. They need to make easy - easy.