Universal MLB Perfect Inning - (by GAMEVIL USA, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, May 7, 2014.

1. iOSPeace

iOSPeace Well-Known Member

This game keeps crashing on my iPad 2. It's annoying.

2. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    I do like baseball, not my everyday sport as a Brit but always on the lookout for a good baseball sim.
    Well I downloaded this, had a quick go, loved the graphics and promptly deleted it.
    I knew it was going to be deleted pretty quick before I downloaded it but just wanted to see what it actually looked played like.

It's premium games or no games for me.

GaZ

3. loudog999

loudog999 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    That is quickly becoming my motto as well, such a shame because there is a good game in there being all the trapping

4. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    I have never paid a penny on a F2P game and I'm not about to start now. When McDonalds start giving away burgers and charge me for every bit, I won't be going there either.

5. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Okay. Change of pace here. This game is IMPOSSIBLY hard. I have lost my first five games. Just lost to the effing blue jays 19-1. Soooo ya. I've played lots of baseball games but I'm wondering how the difficulty is this unforgiving. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Maybe I should just go back to RBI?

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, the ONLY game I won was when I selected CHANCE, and Verlander shut out KC. I won 1-0. And the next game I tried playing Manual, losing 8-2. I'm growing weary of this game too. I'll probably end up settling for RBI Baseball this season. Maybe pick up try my old GBA All-Star Baseball 2004... It's better than this.

7. TheFeralMerc

TheFeralMerc Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Group Counselor
    Miami, FL
    To answer all those with exhibition questions, I just got an email reply from GAMEvil:

Hello,

Exhibition mode is not available at this moment.
    It will be available with future updates.

Thank you!

P.S. If you found our service helpful please let us know by clicking the "Helpful?" link in this email. This helps us provide the best customer service possible for you the user!

8. TheFeralMerc

TheFeralMerc Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Group Counselor
    Miami, FL
    And I agree that the game is extremely unforgiving. Wish easy mode was a little easier. There is no room for error.

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Anyone know how training works? How do players level up from playing? Have you guys noticed any of your players gaining levels as you play more games? Or after a win?

Its a pity they made this so hard.

10. Indianajune

Indianajune New Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Anyone know how you unlock batting and exibition mode, or any of the modes besides season for that matter?

11. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    RBI sucks too though. It's so unfortunate that iOS can't get a decent MLB licensed baseball game.

12. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Yeah it's just way too hard. As good as dead. I had a couple of good games even one when I got a grand slam and another 7-1 win but it's no fun its so hard.

I suspect the ease of batting is tied to IAP that's why they won't make easy really easy. The most I could honestly give this game would be 2/10 or 1/5 because however good it looks with real players and real seasons its impossible to play and enjoy. A terrible pity for ios I agree.

13. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    They must want us to go play other baseball games the way they've made this near impossible to hit the ball. I played 9 innings and scored no runs. Worse than soccer.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    What really sucks is that they're showing us they COULD make a somewhat decent MLB licensed game... BUT they won't. That really frustrates me! First charge me $25/month to watch my team's games (unless their away to a local team - stupid blackout rules!), then show me you have the ability to hire people to make decent MLB mobile games, but then decide to make them terrible by limiting what we can do or how we do it. We just want to support MLB and maybe have some fun doing it! Why do they make it so friggin hard to do that??

15. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    They succeeded as I still play RBI 14 :)

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If a center fielder is standing right next to second base about to throw it to the plate, HE DOES NOT NEED TO THROW IT TO THE SECOND BASEMAN AS A CUTOFF! That is completely unrealistic. I'm pressing the home plate button and NOT the relay/cutoff button, so why doesn't he throw it to the plate?!

17. loudog999

loudog999 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    My guess is because the default players are so terrible that his noodle arm could not get it to the home plate

18. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    My favorite I when a slow grounder goes right past the SS or second basemen and they just sit their and watch it slowy go into the outfield. Also, don't know if anyone's encountered this yet but I've hit a grounder and when the person plays the ball it says I'm out. I guess the game is registering the ball as in the air, thinking I hit a pop fly out.

It just sucks because this game has so much going for it and just a few things are really spoiling the experience.

19. thematrixx

thematrixx Active Member

Feb 12, 2013
    RBI 14? Really? You mean the one where every pitcher has the same three pitches, each team has three starters, and can pitch from the bullpen every game....yea thats fun....."not!!"

20. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    I never said it was the greatest game ever and yes it's basic to say the least but it's a paid app that's not going to drive me mad and try to mug my wallet :)