Universal MLB Perfect Inning - (by GAMEVIL USA, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, May 7, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thought I'd give it a shot to try and help figure it out... But nope. If you switch to AI mode in a game, there seems to be no way of getting out of it! I mean, why can't the same menu pop up when you hit pause?! Instead if you pause in AI mode it kicks you back to the menu. That's dumb. Oh, well. I'll lay off that unless I want to get my butt kicked by the AI I guess.

2. extol4000

extol4000 Member

May 9, 2012
    The start up menus were ridiculously confusing. Took me a while to figure out how to start a game. It seems realistic but has a pretty big learning curve. Graphics are excellent and the gameplay is good. It would be nice to control the outfielders when running for a ball but I understand why that feature was omitted. (Maybe on a hard game mode, this can be implemented?) I really like the game but I'm not very good at it (hitting OR pitching). I like that you can choose to bat only and let the AI handle the rest of the game but an option to take over an AI played game is sorely needed. If it weren't internet connection only, I'd play it more often. I'm not wasting precious internet bandwidth for that- I'll just wait till I get on my home wifi network.

3. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Spent a while ploughing through the menus and got set up. Got as far as the start of my first game and... CRASH! Tried rebooting my iPod 5 and clearing memory but no go.

Oh we'll, no doubt there will be an update in November. In the meantime not much point having it.

4. loudog999

loudog999 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I'm getting demolished in my games even though I am playing on easy. I'm convinced it's because I need to train or level up some players. I have been plowing through the management menus for the last 20 minutes and still have no clue. This game is getting close to the point that I am going to delete it and pretend it never happened.

5. TheFeralMerc

TheFeralMerc Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Group Counselor
    Miami, FL
    Exhibition is locked. How do you unlock it?

6. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    Initial impressions after 3 seasons games

graphics are great, it's an eye candy on both my 5s and ipad air. no framerate issues at all. I enjoy the overall presentation and feel. It looks very polished and gameplay is deep enough for a mobile game without being overly complicated. I especially like the pitching mechanic.

On Batting, I had to switch to auto-aiming because otherwise it was impossible to hit. Even on auto it's still too hard. I can hit but often it's a foul or a catch. No point scored after 27 innings and obviously no home-run. Not funny :mad:

This is on "easy" so the developers must address this asap because no baseball game is fun when you can't score a single point.

Menu are a little confusing but not a deal-breaker. I haven't gone into player development and management yet and have no idea if the fremium model will be an issue.

What's disappointing though, it's the fact that there is no way to log into your account from another device so if you have an ipad and iphone, you cann't play the same season on both. Also once you pick your team, no way to change it. You have to create a new nickname to restart with a different team

Overall, it deserves a chance because the game is good and can be awesome with some tweaking.

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I think that's what the IAP are for to improve your game but I found it impossible to score points even on easy and the menus ridiculously confusing. Bad GUI design and very bad gameplay difficulty.

I'm getting demolished too and can't play. I gave it 1 star only because there's no zero. How could gamevil stuff up so big?

8. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Anyone get their Early Bird Starter pack? They said its a free complimentary gift delivered to the mailbox. Nothing in my mailbox. Closed app a couple of times and restarted nothing there. Looks like another stuff up.

There is also an Exhibition and Batting section but they are locked.

Its so difficult trying to get into this game. There needs to be a practice arena and difficulty fine tuning. Our free gift needs to be delivered as promised. Exhibition and batting sections need to be opened. Is anyone in charge of this game?

9. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Good question. What about the batting section? That's locked too! I wonder what that is? Is this a soft release because it doesn't seem ready yet? Anyone know? Watch out for the Early Bird gift pack which is supposed to be delivered to your mail box. So far nothing in mine.

This is not a smooth launch. Very confusing.

10. MJY8

MJY8 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
  11. RelientKSoCal

RelientKSoCal Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I don't think it's possible to get the star currency without paying. And it looks like all things you can buy (such as "drafting" new players) require stars AND coins. Sure, the game is generous with the coins they give, but they really are meaningless without having stars also.
    Even if I didn't want to draft new players but instead wanted to upgrade my existing roster, it's kind of odd how they set that up. You can only train "silver" and up players (of course the majority you start with are bronze) and you can only level up "master" players, whatever that means. Again I'm guessing you have to draft these silver/master players, i.e. buy stars, i.e. pay real money.
    I do OK pitching, but I find it nearly impossible to hit, even with auto contact on. I have a strong feeling that's because my players aren't upgraded enough.
    It's a shame because I was really excited about this one. If RBI Baseball had tracked Season stats like this game, I'd have been happy.

12. JMSexton

JMSexton Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Electronic Services Technician
    MD/PA
    To answer a few questions...

When you select auto-sim you can get out of it, there is a button in the top right corner that I believe says intervene but it'll cost you 1,000 coins.

In ref to the starter pack gift, from the main menu click the team logo square in the top left corner, go through the 3-4 achievement tabs and claim the ones available, then go to your mailbox to actually claim it, then to your inventory to use it... Long drawn out confusing process.

I too am getting freezes, crashes, and lagging which is frustrating because it interrupts your playing and makes you not want to...hopefully it gets fixed

Edit: Also it is quite difficult to hit even on easy w/ auto-aim but I managed to score a few runs

13. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #53 worldcitizen1919, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Just played 9 innings NYY against the Blue Jays and won 7-1 and you'd never guess what happened afterwards!!! CRASHED to springboard and I lost my win!!

Ok good news. When I tried to play the game again it opened up at the 9th innings where I was leading 7-1 and this time after closing it didn't crash. It'll have to do. Unstable game but slowly enjoying it when I hit the ball!! Not for those who don't want a learning curve.

14. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Down for maintenance for about an hour and a half. I'm hoping then well have a cracker of a game. The music's top notch as are the graphics. Batting on easy needs to be easier. But I'm slowly warming to this.

15. TheFeralMerc

TheFeralMerc Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Group Counselor
    Miami, FL
    I am definitely enjoying this game. I use the auto aim, so all I have to do is work on timing in order to hit. That being said, it's still quite difficult, but I've gotten a few runs and even a HR with Giancarlo Stanton. Pitching is extremely fun and rewarding. The graphics are amazing and Marlins stadium looks spot-on. With a few tweaks, this could be my baseball game for the season. Hopefully they open up exhibition. I wouldn't mind paying $5 for access to all modes and no need to boost players and all that other nonsense.

16. loudog999

loudog999 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Right, I wrote it off but the pitching keeps bringing me back. Just price this at $10 and allow us to use players with actual stats with no need to boost and I would be raving about this game

17. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Am I the only one who can't even start a game? When I hit Play Ball it tries to load then crashes. When I reload the game and start my season it goes back to the pitcher match up. I hit Next and it crashes again! Playing, or not , on iPod Touch 5. I have tried deleting and then doing a clean install but it's just the same.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions I'd love to hear them. I think the thing is just too buggy and unstable right now.

18. osodani

osodani New Member

May 8, 2014
    Exactly. I would lay down $10-20 for this game if they would just let us play without the cruft. Having a game where

a) your team is hopelessly underpowered so the game isn't fun and
    b) the leveling up system makes no sense and is impossible to figure out

will cause this one to be a disaster. I'm a HUGE baseball game fan. If I can't figure out how to increase my players skills after half a dozen games (all losses), I can't imagine that this game is going to keep people engaged and spending money.

Such a shame...

19. TheFeralMerc

TheFeralMerc Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Group Counselor
    Miami, FL
    I would pay $5 for just exhibition with normal stats. Like the previous users have said, I would pay anywhere between $10-$20 for Season Mode and Franchise with normal stats. I don't know why companies elect to go with this F2P nonsense where there are so many fans dying to pay top dollar for a completed game.

20. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    I read some FAQs on now to train and level up on Gamevil website. I just don't get it. It seems that to train a player you have to put him and another player in your inventory and then release the other player from you roster to gain training points for the other player? Who came up with this nonsense at Gamevil? I'm sure they could think of some other logic for this system that actually made a little sense. As it is now it's just so confusing that I don't even want to spend my time in understanding the brilliant mind that create this