Universal MLB Perfect Inning - (by GAMEVIL USA, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, May 7, 2014.

1. kapshin

kapshin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    KC, MO
    I only played one season game and enjoyed it, however the batting/exhibition modes are locked. Does anyone know how you unlock them?

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Also how do you aim the bat? I noticed it has like a lock icon on it....

3. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Tap the Auto contact button. ;)

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow, it looks like it may take as long or longer than a real baseball game to play through a full 9 innings! Is there a way to save your mid-game progress, close out of the app, and load that game the next time you open the app?

5. loudog999

loudog999 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I accidentally selected to sim a game in the bottom of the first ending.. couldnt figure out how to exit the sim and continue to play manually even after exiting, closing the app and loading back up. I ended up having to watch myself lose to the cardinals 6-0. Looks like this would be an option

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Pretty sure I went to main menu after playing a few innings and it saved where I was.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't think it's a lack of baseball games in general, but a lack of MLB baseball games. Also, a lack of proper baseball simulation games. Superstars was great for what it was, but it certainly wasn't a simulation. The 9 Innings series is good too, but again it didn't have actual MLB teams just the MLB players themselves, so wasn't ideal.

I am really hoping this turns out to be good.

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I totally agree with you. I dove into RBI Baseball just because I really want an MLB game where I can play a full season of baseball. But this looks a little more like what I want, despite the freemium model. So, I'll give it a try since it is free, and I can play as my teams, and see the awesome ballparks. I just wish MLB would allow a game like this to be premium and give us a proper baseball sim/management/arcade game rolled into one... Kind of like how EA has done it in the soccer world with their FIFA series.

9. kapshin

kapshin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    KC, MO
    There is a way out of it but I am not certain what I did to make it happen.

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    lags and lags

I had high expectations, maybe too high... This game could be such a great game, but its ugly as hell!!! What on earth have they done? It lags, lags and lags again and again, beautiful graphics when not in motion, but as soon as the player bats the ball (or pitch), it becomes ugly, full of lags... Please update this game as soon as possible, it well could be the best baseball game on the app store, but it's only "could" not "is"

11. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #31 worldcitizen1919, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Just can't enjoy this. Have kept it hopefully it gets fixed but they've stuffed up launch big time. I'd say once this is fixed people will have moved on and this will be forgotten. They shouldn't have released it with these problems.

Always on connection required. Too many buttons. Menus confusing. Graphics ok but lags. I found gameplay doesn't capture the real game. Just doesn't feel immersive.

12. loudog999

loudog999 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I was hoping I was just missing it. If you do find it do you care letting us know, i was pulling my hair out over it..not really but it was aggravating

13. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

From now on, I will never play any baseball game again. haha... Don't get me wrong, the game is good, but it just not for me, not at all. And, as always, Gamevil' IAPs, internet connection make me don't want to enjoy their games.

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I think its pretty decent especially pitching. But you dont control the defenders you just control where they throw to. Also I am having a hard time hitting the ball, maybe I need more practice.

15. loudog999

loudog999 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I was having the same problem but I think I found out what I was doing. Compared to other baseball games, the pitch takes forever to get to the plate. I started waiting way longer than I do in other games and now at least I am making contact

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, I just dove in for a few innings during my lunch break and it seems like it's a full game for free. I haven't hit any energy, timers, or paywall. Now, maybe if I chose the hard mode, things would be different. But so far, I'm enjoying it. The batting feels more like a console game and a little more difficult than RBI Baseball.

I personally don't like games that require a constant internet connection. But as long as it is free, I am willing to give it a try. I don't like paying a premium price and then have to use my data as well. One or the other. And if they want to let me play this for free, I'll sacrifice a little bit of data.

So, overall, I'm enjoying it. My score is still 0-0 in the 5th, so thankfully it's not a blowout. Anyone experiencing the need to pay for IAP?

17. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I'm no good at it. Just lost to the sox 8-3 but hey. That's what practice is for.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the tip!

19. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Game has frozen sort of twice for me already. Weird. Once it stayed on the close up of the batter during their introduction at the plate. But then he just got in the box and was waiting for the pitch, but the camera never changed and the swing mechanics never appeared. And just now it froze on the options menu while in game.

Also, if anyone from Gamevil visits, please not only loop the stadium crowd chatter, but use an audio fade in/out to over lap the tracks and have them end and begin at the same time within the track so there isn't the audio jump every time it loops.

20. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Games effing sucks i have tried to start up a game in season mode 20 times and it has crashed every single time.