MLB at Bat

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gtcharlie, Jun 17, 2009.

1. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Anyone using this app? Sounds awfully good and now they have adding live streaming for two games a day with more to come in the future. Any opinions would be appreciated. At $10 it seems like a steal.

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    You mean you can actually watch the gamesfor free, no extra charge!?

3. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    If you ever subscribed to MLB Audio in the past it's a no brainer to pick up this app. I love it. I only use the audio for the one day game a week the Cards have (business week) but even without that I check it all the time for real time stats. One thing though, one full game of audio over 3G won't completely drain the battery but it takes a lot out of it.

5 star app for me though.

4. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    and to answer the poster above me, you can't watch live games but you can watch entire condensed games now for free.

5. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    This changes on June 18th according to the mlb.com web site. Two games a day will be streamed LIVE. Implies in the future even more games will be included each day although local blackouts will apply.

6. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    That's cool. Though I'd only be watching the Cards games during the regular season :)
    But it will be cool for the playoffs if they stream them.

7. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    noo! I dont have enough money for this!

8. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    So question for those of you that have this. Does the $9.99 pay for everything (audio for games, streaming videos and watching recorded condensed games)? Or do you need some type of subscription as well?

If all I have to pay is $9.99 and they start adding streaming video feeds, I will think twice about possibly making this a purchase when the All Star break hits.

9. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    it's all included for the season. I'm pretty sure next year you have to re-up the $9.99 or however much they decide to charge.

10. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah I think that was the case between last years and this years app. I also think they cut the price to $4.99 at the halfway point of last season so I'll see if they do that this year.