iPad MiZoo Released

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by marlenedegrood, Jan 16, 2009.

1. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #2 rIcHrAnDoM, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    Lazrhog Games, can't wait until I get my long awaited and promised Neverputt ME fixes/update. Still like to play it occasionally, an think I would like it a whole LOT more with very minor work and inclusions.

Anyway, mgrood, anything different than the existing 392 match 3 games on the store?

3. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Yes it is different than the existing match 3 games but rather than me try to explain .... read the application description .... or better yet ... buy it :)

4. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
  5. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    A Neverputt update is coming very soon. There are only so many hours in the day :) It's now my highest priority.

6. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    No sound yet, as I have to go and purchase royalty free sounds, so I wanted to see how the first release went first before spending a load. As it stands you should be able to listen to your own music and play, which a lot of people prefer anyway.

7. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Had a code left over from earlier, so someone will get lucky :)

AWJEAXAAMXEA

8. You said you'd be adding a few sounds to Neverputt. What happened to that?

9. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #9 rIcHrAnDoM, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    I appreciate that quick response, Sirs or Madam. Might I inquire of the current odds of a legit, appstore version if Neverball? Any ideas of further titles down the road?

I meant no offense by my earlier post, just the ramblings of the overly anxious:rolleyes:

I have respect for Lazrhog games, and as I stated earlier Neverputtcould shine with a few minor tweaks

10. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    I'll give it a go but if it doesn't come together quickly then it will have to wait.

11. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Mr Lazrhog, I'm really enjoying the core gameplay of miZoo, and glad to see you kept it pretty much like the original. The lack of sounds things isn't too big a deal, though admittedly they would be nice! One thing I would like to ask is if you plan to offer the levels with "plain" backgrounds in a future update? Sometimes it's kind of hard to see the cute animals against the picture background as they have similar colors and there's not enough contrast to make them "pop", thus making gameplay (where your ability to be as fast as possible is rewarded) a little tricky. This is just a constructive criticism I hope, as I'm still a big fan.

12. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    +1

Fool me once...

13. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    What does that mean ? I haven't tried to fool anybody. I even released a full free game in between paid games. Please try to be fair. As I said an update to neverputt is my next priority. Jeeez !

14. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    True. I will edit that post. No probs Lazrhog.

15. jarikata

jarikata Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    VERY NICE! As a gan of matching games I like it already a lot. I widsh there WAS sound though. I can usually turn off music from games, but I mostly want to listen to the sound effects.... Hope they will come to MiZoo someday

16. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Neverball is no longer mine to release. I transferred the iPhone code to the original owner to continue development, and it isn't high on his list of priorities at the moment. Sorry.

As for future developments, I am currently storyboarding a 3d shooter at lunchtimes. Its very ambitious, but I'll see how it goes when my other committments are done.

17. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    yep, I hope so too :)

my intention is to have title screen music, but only sound effects in the game (well thats the plan), with an option to turn the whole lot off, so that you can still listen to your own music if you want.

18. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Any chance of the ability to use previously released skins for iZoo? If there isn't going to be "official" support, is there any way that J/B can manually patch the skins?

19. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    I think someone has already released a jailbreak 'skin' for it. Have a look on ipodtouchfans :eek:

My plan was to have themable graphics in the next release like the original had. I want to have them downloadable from the web, but I'm not sure Apple will approve it .... I would have to look for another example of an application downloading graphics to cite.

20. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Well 27 reviews on the Appstore at the moment, with an average score of 4.7 out of 5 :)

check out the video if you are interested in the game.

Youtube video link to Mizoo