Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!

this reminds me of NOVA lol

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    LOL that actually does look a little like nova :p

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    No they're just like the other crossbows... I think laser crossbows are just a different kind of crossbows lol

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    That looks amazing! :eek:

5. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Apparently Death Kites can fire through any wall
    and their shots freeze you in place until you die.
    Just burned about 50 potions to try and outlast one.

Died came back in, crash. Restarted came back in
    crash.

6. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Death kites have to be dealt with from afar, before any enemy in the area even spots you.

The crashes really kill the game for me, I'm all into it, doing good in a quest, then boom. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom accidentally pulled the power cord for my snes. Still that hasn't stopped me from putting over 500 minutes into this lol

7. Creepshow

Feb 10, 2011
    Alright getting back in the game and then being one shot by the boss
    with a full set up premium armor = I'm done for the night.

8. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Also, I think the quests are mixed up. I received the dual wield skill and the level 10 teleporter at least one quest early. Also, I can equip any level armor or weapon. I killed some boss early and got level 12 stuff, which I'm using at level 9. Kinda cool, but it seems like it could cause some problems at the end of the game.

9. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    To help with the kites, launch a nebula skill and or a nova skill..use your shield and sword...your points are totally different when using shield/melee weapon..and it makes a pretty cool sound when you deflect those shots..:cool:
    I don't think they should be nerfed...Rylin made it.. :) You can too.

10. Creepshow

Feb 10, 2011
    So I guess Saintly is NOT the best armor now, Poor is?
    I'm gonna screenshot this...

I'm wearing:
    Level 8.0 "POOR" Titanium Helm (40.3 Armor)

Just received:
    Level 8.0 "SAINTLY" Damaging Steel Helm (33.6 Armor)

Huh?

11. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Yep, totally agree. I'm level 19 now, on floor 17 and mission 63. The gameplay is very challenging, but a lot of fun, and definitely well balanced.

12. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Titanium>steel, in real life and in the game.
    Titanium is a stronger base to build on though.

13. Creepshow

Feb 10, 2011
    I'm all for a challenge and I don't want anything handed to me on a silver
    platter, but c'mon when frustration well surpasses fun, the idevice gets
    thrown accross the room. The Death Kites are killing me through walls.

On top of everything else, NO weapons have dropped in my game in over
    15 game levels. I'm still using a level 4 hitcher because nothing is better
    available to me.

14. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Titanium is always a better helm, a saintly titanium helm would be like 60 armor.

15. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Hey, I have yet another question about this game :p The summon Ryem Neas, or whatever it is called as I am too lazy to look at my iPod xP It doesn't actually seem to be damaging anything for me. Is it a ranged attacker?

16. Creepshow

Feb 10, 2011
    Yes, summon him and he launches a bolt towards enemies for mass damage.

17. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    crashes and crashes, this sucks especially when you are trying to talk with Siera to get new quest.

18. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    #1558 Drakeer Melkhor, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    Finally killed level 3 boss, with an energy gun Silentcorp gave me (ty man) and with a turret I found. But still think that boss makew too many damage, it was just level 3 this game is really hard man! Energy guns are a lot better than melee or normal guns, this should be rebalanced I think.

I sold all my recipes too because too many components to make them, so not worth it. It should be like the same componentes without a zero, I mean 45 tiny somthing, 48 tiny another thing etc.... That would make sense and be more affordable!

Anyway I would like to agree that health potions in store are just too expensive! :p I need a lot of them in this game!

I have a question: Which is better regarding an armor, the one with more armor value or the best quality of the item (saintly...)?

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #1559 Ayjona, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    I initially found it hard to get into Mission Europa, mostly because of the unpolished writing/lack of immersion, what I perceived as problematic controls, and partially thanks to the shoddy presentation (always a minor concern in a good game, though).

Now that I've moved the on-screen buttons around a bit, and made peace with the fact that few game devs are also proficient storytellers, the game is growing on me for every time I launch it. I can see myself playing this for quite some time. It might take some effort getting past all the inital impressions, which are not solely good, but behind them lies a massive, deep, and sophisticated experience, in the context of iOS RPGs.

The addition of a multiplayer arena/mailbox/player interaction is brilliant, and will probably extend the life of this already massive game by many hours.

Here's my wishlist of smaller additions for the first upcoming patches. If this has been mentioned before, consider them a /signed on all points ;) :
    • Resizeable on-screen Left and Right buttons. The moveable interface is wonderful (and should really be an iOS standard), but I still find it a tad hard to hit the fire button sometimes. And I'm the guy who usually defends touch screen controls for action games as just as easy to use as physical controls ;)
    • Compare interface in the shop. It's already in the game, so I see no reason not to extend it to our shopping needs. In this world of easy come, easy blown to bits, even an abandoned moon needs effective commerce ;)
    • An in-game manual, at the very least explaining basic game terms (such as the effects of Strength, Agility, Intelligence and Power, the mechanics behind weapon properties such as Draining, armour stats, etc).
    Well, I'm back to shooting enough robots to work up the courage to enter the arena ;)

BansheeSoft, for your next game, shout me a holler if you need someone to bring the in-game writing up into at least the general vicinity of the same level as the rest of your excellent developing skills :)

20. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    ... and a storage box too please! :p