Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. OriginalAce

OriginalAce Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Ok thanks! So, what would be better, to carry two weapons, or have a weapon and a shield?

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Ryan Congrats on picking up an iphone 4!(saw it on blog) You deserve one and with all the money you got from the app purcheses it should be covered!

3. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Im frustrated becayse I cant beat a boss. Its freaking hard and its from the level 3 so I suppose Im doing something wrong.

Its name is Dr John and he shots me and my health bar just disappear. I tried like 6 times now and Im starting to hate Mission Europa

4. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Perhaps start by staying away from them. I lead bosses to a choke point, I never confront them by going in "guns blazing."

Find the room where the boss is on the map, don't go in though. Instead drop a turret in the room and run away. Let the turret do it's damage and then rinse repeat.

Stay away from them unless you are a melee character, and try to "snipe" from afar. If the boss one shots you it's usually a real slow projectile that can easily be dodged.

Also keep grinding until you get a better weapon.

5. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    #1465 Drakeer Melkhor, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    I try to play with a sword and shield, but it's hard. And I dont have a turret, never saw one. The shots from the boss are super fast and I cant dodge them because I play melee.

I'm tired of grinding over and over the same level.

EDIT: I just tried with a shotgun that I have with the same results: waste of healh potions, ammo and die. This game is freaking me out.

6. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Someone mail Drakeer a turret (assuming he has a character name). They help out alot for early bosses. I'm level 11 now on level 9 and wow did the difficulty pick up. I forget what the enemy name is, gunner or marine or something, but as soon as you shoot them or they see you they unload on you with these red lasers of death (furthermore these lasers can apparently be shot through walls :p). I'm definitely trying to take out these mofos at a distance but in smaller rooms with multiple openings they are tearing me up (along with the mini-bosses....one shot ftl!) Getting a kick out of this game tho, probably 11-12 hours in, love all the skill abilities, forget the names but the red and white orbs of death are great for clearing out rooms and hallways. Did anyone else find the difficulty jump around level 9/10?

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sorry!

To those who were gonna send me goodies today, theres a slight change of plans. I'll tell you my username Tomorrow (Tuesday). Its raining hard with storms here in Cali and I don't think my best choice is to go out. Hope you guys understand. Hold onto your goodies til tomorrow. Thnx everybody! :)

8. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    So I wanted to provide some feedback after hitting character lvl 30 and with over a 100 quests behind me now.

1. Would definitely love to have a storage chest/locker to store things like armor sets. I've had to give up armor pieces I would love to keep just to wear on special occasions or just to show off. ;)

2. Schematic requirements are definitely too high, although I won't say specifically how much lower you should drop them too as that would require some additional balancing without making it too easy. Right now I just sell every schematic I loot since I usually out-level most of them anyways. Most of my materials go to support some of the quests that require 50 of each in some cases and I'd rather just continue the storyline than drop 400 of each on certain schematic requirements I've already out-leveled.

3. Popup windows being too intrusive if your evading enemies in a hub. Many times have I died because I moved too close to a object like a portal that opened up the portal window right in the middle of a firefight and ended up dead. My only suggestion would be to flash a small icon the size of two skill icons side by side (in size) that flashes at the top middle of the screen. Only when you click it will the window appear so that you don't have to contend with two 'enemies' :)

4. Weapon mods - Although I'm having fun experimenting with different weapons (flame-throwers, shotguns, rocket launchers, swords, etc) It would be fun to see later in a dlc with the ability to add +1,2,3 items/attachments to weapons and possibly even gear. For example you can loot a +2 Int attachment that can be slotted into a weapon that is 'uncommon' or greater. This would tie in nicely with customizing your character's stat points, giving a greater sense of freedom to tweak your character even further.

As far as the graphics go, I've actually really enjoyed some of the locations. Without spoiling too much, here's just a few areas I wanted to show. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Great stuff Rylin! Thanks for sharing! In regards to the Popup windows: I agree and think that another (temporary?) solution could be to have the game pause whenever a window opens... The map being excluded here...

D.

10. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Why are the death kites so darn powerful? They can kill me in 3 shots, as they're freezing me, but I only get 1 exp for killing it

11. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    better hurry! I have a hitcher, ballistics rifle, and I think 2 pistols all lvl 1 with good damage!

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Between those and the hitcher.... for my highest death count reasons. But seriously... the hitcher kills me a lot. When it procs a passive ability I get hit by it because of the exploding damage.

13. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Lets try to keep the gifting to the gifting thread which is in the general game discussion section. I made the thread for a reason lol.

14. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Death kites are a pain, you have to take them out with a rifle or something long range or they'll instakill you. I still have some major problems with the death marines on level 9, they are pwning me with their red lasers of death!!

15. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I've been using a pretty strong coolaidstyle cannon and mrspud launcher thingy to kill them lol

16. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    He posted it here so I gave him a reply here, if he posted it there I would have given him a reply there. Its as simple as that.

17. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Your post reaks...
    ...of awesomeness. Very good post.

For new players, some quick suggestions:
    - SAVE every few minutes for: Loss from crashes and Peace of Mind.
    - Turn on Auto-Loot.
    - Keep Doomsday totem on your UI hotkeys.
    - As stated by others, you can also use the "Materials" window to store items.

A new suggestion for Ryan (hope it hasn't been said already):
    Please eliminate the "effect lag" when using a potion if possible.
    I press the potion button, then count 2-3 seconds, then health appears...

Boss battles were a bit BS at first for me also, until I really sat there and
    figured out the whole scneario. With appropriate armor, I was no longer the
    victim of the "1-shot" and realized their attack is a DOT (damage over time).

Their attack can STACK, causing a really fast death if you haven't spammed
    the health potion button. Also be warned, later on they start running at you
    VERY quickly, so PLAN your battle ahead of time.

Strafing left and right, (We learned this in Doom) will save your azz no
    differently in this game, so learn to master the technique!

18. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Bug Report: The mission briefing for #54 plays the wrong audio. It plays one from a few missions before.

Yeah once you get the hang of things, some better armor (shop helps), and a few tricks up your sleeve, bosses don't phase me at all anymore.

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Will do! Tomorrow for sure!

20. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    I noticed a few wanting a compare when shopping.

You CAN open up the menu--->equipment and look there. Then close accordingly.

Be careful not to close the store though.