Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    You can't combine materials with an already made weapon, you have to use schematics and put the right amount of materials in.

2. diovivente

diovivente Member

Mar 19, 2011
    There's a decent amount of story (mostly told through cutscenes at the very beginning and end of a quest). There's a lot of exploration as you venture deeper into the mines and laboratories, but the most you'll find while exploring is more baddies and possibly some crates with gear in them.

Enemies don't respawn while in the mines, but if you go deeper into the mine, or warp out and enter back in, the enemies will be there again, so you'll never run out of enemies.

3. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I see, just to be clear I was trying to combine 2 lvl 1 shotguns, not a shotgun + material. Basically trying to do the same thing the tut showed for skills.

In any case I think it's undesirable (to say the least) to lose the materials/weapons/skills from a failed creation.

4. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Thanks Diovivente!

What are the quests like overall? Are they varied or mostly the same?

5. diovivente

diovivente Member

Mar 19, 2011
    So far they've fallen into 4 different categories that I can recall.

1. Kill X number of enemies.
    2. Kill 1 Specific enemy (boss)
    3. Collect X amount of materials
    4. Find and interact with 1 or more objects or people (either speak with, activate, break, or collect something from them)

While this, in basic, isnt' all that varied, I haven't found myself getting bored of it at all yet. The bad guys get harder and much more varied in how they attack you, plus the levels just keep getting more interesting. I'm having a TON of fun playing them!

6. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Am I the only moron that can't beat twisted metal?

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    trust me i had trouble just use your skill to your advantage and dont use melee weapons!

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Every time you exit and enter a floor the map is randomized and the enemies are as well. Sometimes you will get red named mobs (which are unique kinds of monsters) So you can just keep leaving and reentering older floors to level and farm mats if you need too.

Skills can be combined on the other hand. If you combing a skill with another drop of the same skill it becomes a 1.5 version. If you combine that one with another 1.0 drop version, it will become a 2.0

I died to him when I was level 3 because he was in a small room and I didn't seem him till it was to late. But when Ryan first released Necromancer Rising, it was so hard, that getting to the second floor was an impressive feet. And screw the blade maiden or whatever her name was, before the updates. It was just brutal.

Once you get a good feel for the game. It gets a bit easier to play. But the scaling difficulty is really fun later on. You can always just keep reentering the first floor and kill lots of monster for level up first, then take him down.

9. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Thanks everyone for answering my questions! I am pretty amazed at how deep this game is and that it is on an iPod!!

An important issue for me is motion sickness while playing 3D games...anyone experience this while playing? I am guessing the small screen will help, but good to be sure.

10. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Flesh Maiden...good grief was she tough...

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    It don't really think it will be a problem and if it is you can also request a refund with apple and tell them why!

12. Yes, you're the only moron that can't beat him.

This moron dropped a Doomsday turret on him and ran like a little girl.

13. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Crap i hate the dead marines with machine guns they get me every single time! Any tips?

14. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Me too.... Even after I hit level 2 I couldn't beat him until I switched to using the Legendary Relic 'Common Damaging Hitcher of the Damaging' crossbow I looted that had exploding tips.

Once I got used to the necessary adjustments for gravity I could get him down to 1/4 health before he got close to me.

15. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    So how does the free gift thing work? At 9 am CST an item is sent out via mail to all players? I just got the game today and it's not too shabby. I think an auto aim feature would really help out, a slight pull towards the enemy would help immensely especially when the pistol you get has some kick.

16. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    Game Impressions

Wow! I got the Collector's Edition last night... this game is awesome. There is so much depth. Lots to explore and figure out. It was fun getting started right away with lots of help from the... uh "guy" (some sort of robot?). The graphics are nice; old-school in a good way. The game play in Mission Europa has me hooked. This is a great game with a lot of depth and content. I think it could become a classic of this era.

There are some quirks in the game and it could just be me. I'm finding it difficult to step away from the interactions down in the... uh "lobby" - the screens keep reappearing when I try to step away. Sometimes I keep walking when I want to stop. And sometimes I shoot when I am trying to look around. But who doesn't do these things in real life? :D Now I just have to figure out the three bars at the top of the screen (the left one seems to be health).

17. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Haha I got the Hitcher too, but I need to level up a couple times before I can use it.
    Special beta member weapons are The Hitcher, The Spud cannon, coolaidstyle cannon, doomsday, and some magic sword I can't remember... They all kick butt. Be on the lookout for them. ;)

18. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Left = health, Middle = XP, Right = Energy

19. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    snipe them...thats wat i did. stay far away as possible, use dooms eye with a pistol or rifle.

20. What is this, Pokemon Armory?
    I've got the Hitcher, COOLAIDSTYLE, and Doomsday, just need a Spud Cannon and I'll be set.

Swords are for suckers.