Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    #1021 blake, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
    Gonna play this a lot tonight! Haha

Wrote a small 5 star review for it too. Much deserved!

2. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Yes...please take a minute and give this game your review on apple....if you showed half the effort displayed here Ryan's game would be number one ;)
    I am catching you all....hitting dual wield level soon...watch out!

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Heh, all the comments saying the game gets better as you go...:D...It was the same with Necro. By the way, I played this for about 3 hours straight last night, which is almost unheard of for me since I'm so busy and have such a short attention span. There have been a few games for iOS out of the thousands I have played that have held my attention that way, but I honestly can't remember more of those than I can count on one hand, and two of them were made by Ryan Mitchell! :eek:

4. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Almost lvl 20 and loving every minute of it! :)

5. Groggie

Groggie Member

Mar 2, 2011
    California
    I found a weapon with the following stats:

L1.0 Common Managing Quick Steel CRIMSON DAWN
    (+1.0 Strength)
    (+1.0 Agility)
    DAM 67.1
    REFIRE RATE 1
    (A MAGICAL BLADE WITH STRANGE PROPERTIES... Energy is flowing out of this amazing blade...)
    RARITY: TYPICAL

The part about it being a magical blade and being an amazing blade is weird considering it's rarity is typical?

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    its typical because it comes with the collectors edition.

7. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Still out at party will release presents when I get back!!

I will answer asap

8. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Just took out v666....next up is Mass Defect..:)

9. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    I have a shield.

Requires level 10 and is 420.1 def and I believe is it +2.0 int.

First come first serve.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Me wants it!

username: crex

11. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Game Impressions

After playing about 7 hours and reaching level 10 I feel qualified to give some (early?) impressions.

Presentation: Fairly decent overall, the menu's are pretty decent as is the ui, it definitely feels cluttered, but I doubt there is much you can do about it in this kind of game. The cutscenes are basic, and most are rather poor, though I was impressed by the opening cutscene. Overall it certainly has a small-team feel to it but it comes across well enough.

Graphics: The graphics engine certainly has it's ups and downs. On the positive side I was actually impressed by the environments, the game handles open spaces well and the graphical style certainly is unique and enjoyable. On the negative side however, character models are very blocky and gun models are downright ugly. Fortunately, graphics aren't everything.

Gameplay: Definitely an ambitious title, there is nothing else quite like it on the appstore, except possibly this dev's previous release. While it is played from a first person perspective it plays more like a diablo game than an elder scrolls game. Almost all of the game takes place in a massive 50-layer dungeon, though the game manages to make each feel open and somewhat unique. The game is primarily loot-driven and it certainly succeeds in providing a massive database of items.

It's hard to really say if the gameplay is great or not, if you like this kind of game, then you will easily be sucked into this massive adventure. However, this is certainly not a casual rpg and many will find it very overwhelming.

Overall: I can't recommend this game to everyone, non-rpg fans will certainly not understand the appeal of this game. But for those of us who enjoy deep, satisfying rpg's, the game manages to push past it's presentation and graphical issues to provide one of the most engrossing and addictive rpg's on the platform.

8.5/10

12. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    your score rating is right about where I'd place mine as well. Good initial impressions ;)

13. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    #1033 DahakaJR, Mar 19, 2011
    On its way crex.

If it is set to 0.0, you know the trick to fix it, right? Pm me if not.

14. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Just took out Mass Defect...:)

15. Tonyle19

Tonyle19 Member

Sep 15, 2009
    first off, this game is awesome. i actually dig the art style, reminds me of corporate fury which i loved. Collectors ed. definitely worth the money

But i still have two questions which i haven't been able to find after searching dozens of these thread pages as while as the FAQ page.

What do the points for stats effect? the ones for strength, intelligence, agility, and the other one.

Also what does the quality of an item mean? Does it have any affect on damage or armor values? Or does it just effect how much credits an item is worth?

thanks.

16. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    ....is it cool if we leave our mission europe name and say feel free to send us things?

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1037 undeadcow, Mar 19, 2011
    There's a trade thread in the general game discussion forum for that... here's a link. Still, it's uncool to beg*.

*In my opinion it's uncool to beg but some on here seem to find it very fashionable. I'm of the opinion there should be a Mission Europa beggers forum where participants can take turns fruitlessly begging off other moochers until they've satisfied their thirst for entitlement.

18. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    am i in front of doom in the story?!?!?!?

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    What level is dual weild?!? No longer must I toil away with a single hatchet.

I'm sure Doom is just taunting us with this 1,000x playthrough.

20. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Just got to Port Orion ! Amazing. The art reminds me of Perfect Dark.

This game has been well thought out and balanced just right.

A funny thing happened in port Orion. A soldier started firing. I tired to waste him but I guess he's an ally. Then some others started firing too. Anybody else experience this ?

I bloody love this game :D