Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    LOL PLENTY of time to think of it.. we are weeks away from a finisher =) AT LEAST!

2. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    +1. Maybe the first person to beat it gets a custom set of armour and a weapon? That would be pretty awesome.

Ryan... Are cheats possible? Like a big head mode? That'd be pretty funny. :)

3. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Noooo! I mean I already am losing a ton of sleep to this game, if this were to happen I would be getting no sleep and no school done:eek: jk:D

4. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Just noticed, that this is already on the 95th forum page....after only a couple days of release!! Man the forums are a buzzin...

5. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    The game keeps crashing on my iPhone 4, why?????

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    There is a stability issue with this 3 day old baby.. the best thing right now is to reboot before playing.. I do not own a iPhone 4 however 2 testers did and did not report excessive shutdowns .. That is the main focus of update 1 in the works now. (A few questions... jailbroken? just curious.. and after a reboot does it get better?) Either way update 1 will help.. 4 testers cannot find everything in a game this huge.. I will add the "downloaded version" has issues on purpose.. I have gotten quite a few emails from those people...

7. Jeffro87

Jeffro87 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    I've played about 20 minutes so far into Mission Europa. I'm definitely going to add 5 stars to the AppStore review. Any developer this in touch with the community deserves the support :). I do have a question and a few gripes. First off, to reload ive discovered either clicking the fire button for the appropriate gun when the clip is empty will reload OR clicking the ammo count on the top-right portion of the screen will reload... I tried moving the ammo count interface but when I do it actually just disappears? Is this a bug?

As for gripes, I have pretty thin but long fingers and I feel the attack buttons are very tiny. So much so sometimes I either miss the button completely or even end up moving my camera. I wish they were bigger or you could adjust the size in settings? Especially considering people with fatter thumbs than myself would probably have an even tougher time! Maybe im the only one who knows :D

Also, the limited screen space does make a game with this complexity feel... cramped... but during heated battles, the loot screen seems to mess me up a lot that pops up. Sometimes i'll even accidentally hit the item and the description screen will pop up as im getting wailed on haha.

Lastly, during the dialog cutscenes the text pages containing the dialog switch faster than the speech is coming out? I believe this needs to be fixed.

All-in-all an impressive game so far, thank you for your hard work I believe i'll really enjoy this game :)

8. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I really should stay away from the forums before I loose my day job =P

I've played about 20 minutes so far into Mission Europa. I'm definitely going to add 5 stars to the AppStore review. Any developer this in touch with the community deserves the support . I do have a question and a few gripes. First off, to reload ive discovered either clicking the fire button for the appropriate gun when the clip is empty will reload OR clicking the ammo count on the top-right portion of the screen will reload... I tried moving the ammo count interface but when I do it actually just disappears? Is this a bug?
    -Move you finger down when moving it as it is about 1/4" above your finger so you can see it.

As for gripes, I have pretty thin but long fingers and I feel the attack buttons are very tiny. So much so sometimes I either miss the button completely or even end up moving my camera. I wish they were bigger or you could adjust the size in settings? Especially considering people with fatter thumbs than myself would probably have an even tougher time! Maybe im the only one who knows
    -Already in the list =)

Also, the limited screen space does make a game with this complexity feel... cramped... but during heated battles, the loot screen seems to mess me up a lot that pops up. Sometimes i'll even accidentally hit the item and the description screen will pop up as im getting wailed on haha.
    - Turn on auto loot

Lastly, during the dialog cutscenes the text pages containing the dialog switch faster than the speech is coming out? I believe this needs to be fixed.
    - With 300+ cut scenes this sadly might be a trade off for having everything in a fully animated cut scene.

All-in-all an impressive game so far, thank you for your hard work I believe i'll really enjoy this game
    -Thank you so far everyone I know of that has played more then 15 minutes has..

O AND THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW... they really really help..

9. DaveS

DaveS Active Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I purchased the collectors edition yesterday and have been enjoying the game so far. I originally downloaded the game on my jailbroken iPod Touch 2G (3.1.3) and the game has never managed to start. When I launch the game, the screen rotates and goes black and then simply kicks me back to the springboard. Rebooting didn't help. I didn't see iOS 4.x listed as a prerequisite, but perhaps that is my issue. I ended up installing on my iPad (also jailbroken) and the game runs fine. In general I prefer to play action oriented games on my iPod Touch over the iPad, so I was curious if the OS version is an issue.

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Could be anti-piracy code detecting something running.. not sure.. I am just going to rip that crap out all together..

3 Days old but so far pretty happy with results.. let me know when you get farther what you think ? =)

11. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    My iPhone isn't jail broken and I've been restarting it every time it crashes. Although I don't think I updated my iPhone to the newest apple update, thunk that will help?

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Very much so... Your case is the most extreme case I have seen...

13. Jeffro87

Jeffro87 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Thank you for your quick responses! Though as I mentioned it still disappears? I press my finger down on it, it disappears. Okay, so while holding down I drag downward even to the bottom of the screen... Nothing?

14. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    OK I will put in the list thanks!

15. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Is the map bug fix already in "the list" for the update? Like when the map doesn't appear to select your location in the arena? Also when will the update be out? I think a small one just to stop crashing and fix the more major bugs is needed soon to avoid a bunch of bad reviews on the app store.
    (Sorry if you mentioned this earlier but last time i checked this thread and there was 20 pages and now theres almost 100, so it would have taken to long to go back and check.)

16. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    is there a way we can get Novembers Chopin (user who just rates all upcoming games 1 star) banned it really p*sses me of :mad:.... look at the ratings for this game....

17. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I was a bit Leary of purchasing the game after necrorising, but I am very impressed so far with this game. The graphics in the screen shots do not do it justice, on an iPhone 4 it's a very good looking game, refreshing actually. It reminds me of my first days playing everquest, nit the graphics, but the scope if size and so much to do. With it being a one man team who created this, I am floored, great job.

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    And so Noogardluos goes the way of Holy Arrow. Also... wtb more dang rifles and none of those crappy tachyon ones ;p The fire rate and accuracy of those things makes fighting hell guards a lot easier. I have seen one in my 3 games :(

Which I will be starting a fourth tonight becuase I get to open my ipad 2 finally! Are we able to transfer names over to new devices or no?

19. Recoil is a bit much in this game - not a game-killer or anything, but I've fired REAL shotguns, rifles, and grenade launchers with less kick than being depicted in the game. Hell, I've fired tank weapons (M240 loader's & gunners, Ma Deuce .50, and 120mm main gun) and the shotgun recoil is on-par with the breach in the M1A1 after a HEAT round is fired.

Perhaps if the user has a rifle/pistol in one hand and the other hand is empty then the other arm simply grips the pistol 2-handed and gives a stability bonus to it with reduced recoil? With the rifle or shotgun it can be used to grasp the fore-grip and provide a stability bonus with reduced recoil there.

Even with a Saiga auto-loading shotgun if one grips it firmly and leans forward into it you can walk around all day long firing full 00 out of it and the recoil isn't as insane as it is being depicted in this game.

But the minute you go to dual-wield the old recoil comes back as a penalty for getting all El Mariachi with it.

Right then, sounds like a plan. Git 'er done.

20. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    LOL 1on .. love it.. well I am a gun nut also.. 12 gauge? no I get a hell of a lot of kick.. and that is stationary.. I have never been walking and firing so I upped it a little.. every gun has a different kick if one is bad then let me know.. we can EASILY adjust that.. just supply percentage reduction OR increase... ;)

Thanks RainDog... glad to see you jump in.. it will only get better =) ..