Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    #661 SouL_DragooN, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    Night crex not much left in me either.. just want one more battle story =)

I love it.. more!! one more story!!

2. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    It took me over a dozen tries to beat the last boss before you head to the next hub with Dr. Sierra. :rolleyes: The time I actually take the boss down, it only took a few well-placed skill abilities and then finish him off with my weapons. :D

3. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #663 SouL_DragooN, Mar 17, 2011
    Rylin!!! INCREDIBLE REVIEW!!! AWESOME THANKS!! YOU NAILED IT!!

Freaking love it Strive thanks!!! MORE!!! hehe I love it!!..

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I think it was around floor 5, I somehow ran into the regular boss-quest, and one of those big worm/slug things in the same room. I used up every skill I had, and a bunch of potions and ammo just to take out the boss, but the worm just kept coming. Before I realized it, he was literally right on me, so that I couldn't see his health bar anymore. He kept shooting over my head, so I took out my sword and hacked and hacked for quite a while until he finally died...

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Haha, just noticed this rather unsubtle nod to one of the beta testers:

[​IMG]

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    LOL hehe YES!.. was hoping for a battle story before I collapsed ! ;)

7. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    I'll give you one! It's not that interesting though....was walking through the hallways in the dungeon when I got to this enemy, well I used my lightning ball skill against him, and looted him quickly. Kept walking through the corridor, and then I notice as I walk toward the enemies, they get zapped by lightning and die!! Didn't realize that it was my lightning skill that was doing all that! Reallly cool skill btw, and only the first one too. Lol didn't realize that for a while....

8. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    HEH still good I love all the stories!.. lets me know how you are experiencing it!... That is a nova skill there are 3.. ice,pain,lightning ;)

Ok collapse time ... see yall tomorrow .. would love to see more stories!.. Emergent gameplay really is fun! ;)

9. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #669 Rylin, Mar 17, 2011
    For anyone still on the fence and are looking for a lengthy review, here's a pasted copy of what I put on the iTunes earlier.

10. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Nice review! Though the graphics aren't that bad, I mean from one developer you can't expect NOVA 2 graphics or anything, but it's not that bad.
    Anyway, pretty good!

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I was just reading back through the topic and it's sad to see people turning their nose up at the game because of the graphics. Personally I find them quite endearing. It might sound weird to younger gamers but I would genuinely rather the game looked like this than like Infinity Blade or NOVA 2. It seems really fun to go with a more old-school vibe once in a while and put all the focus into the gameplay.

12. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I don't get why people are complaining about the graphics, I mean, has anyone played The Quest? Those graphics suck in comparison, and that was a really popular game for a while. I don't think they're as good as anything Gameloft has put out, but for a one man team, they're phenomenal! Perfect time for this to come out too, I'll have all of spring break to chug along through this baby :D

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I just killed a demonic robot with a legendary relic ration / potato gun! Now that is classy.

14. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    #674 Doom, Mar 17, 2011
    I agree....Rylin's review is honest and his opinion...still a great review....the atmosphere, pace, intensity and sheer numbers of bad guys will double by level 26.. triple by level 40.. what he is describing in level 13 is just a peek...
    He is spot on when he describes melee vs ranged...start with a sword..your path will be greatly different than dual wielding two fire pistols.. :) Ryan..you should rename to "guns akimbo"....that was the best..:)

15. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Yea it was more of an early game review if nothing more. Much more of the game to get through so some of what I wrote will obviously not be entirely accurate :rolleyes:

16. So I'm stomping around on the first level to find Turned Metal and take his head.

Oh look, there he is - WTF? I'm dead already? Man, I feel stupid...
    Rinse, repeat three more times....check my mailbox and oh looky what the postman brings! A bunch of Doomsday turrets!

<CREATE-COMBINE-CLUNK> Doomsday 2 turret! As the Kool-Aid man says: "Oh yeaaaaaahhhhh!"

Ok, I've got something brand-new for dat ass now. I run in and drop a Doomsday 2 turret on him, trapping him in a dead-end section. He keeps popping out to try to nail me and the Doomsday turret lights him up.
    I pop around the corner to eat a sandwich, check email, and watch his HP meter slowly bleed away until he's dead. Then I go play kick-the-can with his head for a bit.

Merrily popping back to Portal 37 to drop off the head I hear something screaming about wanting his head back. WTF? I killed that thing already, dammit! I then proceeded to pound his headless body into the ground with a good dose of COOLAID cannon and then like Jay-Z I'm on to the next one, on to the next one, on to the next one....

Here's a tip kids: got a load of junk armor you don't need? Melt it down into materials to use towards making better items once you get blueprints for them.

17. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    GOOD NEW!!! I get to stay home today! YEAH!!! bad news im sick with a stomach bug...

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    A stomach bug called Missionitus Europaza.

19. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Thank you doctor;)

20. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Mission Europa

(ok, somebody had to say it)