Universal Mission Europa by Bansheesoft

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    No necromancer rising is still there do a search on this app and you will see it. I did a search for Mission Europa and a couple apps down from Mission E nec rising was there.

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #4042 Jorlen, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Nope, not there anymore. You can even try searching it in Google with "itunes necromancer rising" which works to find ANY itunes APP that's downloadable.

Post the itunes direct link if you're somehow able to find it. Which country is your itunes account setup for? Mine is Canada. but even then, I'd assume the appshopper site would still find it.

However, the appshopper link states the app has been removed, take a look:

App removed from site

We're sorry, "Necromancer Rising" has been removed from the App Store.​

And therein lies the issue. Will he simply remove Mission Europa once his new game is released, instead of updating it to make it work on all devices? This is a practice I cannot condone. I bought Necromancer Rising and I would have loved to re-download it, but I can't now.

I haven't purchased the extended edition of MIssion Europa yet, but I would if he would show his support for it. I'd buy his new game too. As it stands now though, it's looking like I won't buy either.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4043 undeadcow, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    You should be able to re-download previously purchases games, even if "removed" from the store, by looking them up under your Purchased history (this can be found through your device in Updates menu). You will always have access to even pulled apps.
    Notice that Necromancer Rising and Mission Europa are published by separate entities. I can't find the exact source right now but the Mission Europa developer was really active on Touch Arcade during development. He indicated that he developed Necromancer Rising on contract and that the result did not belong to him... but that he got to retain the engine/source he used creating it; which became the basis for Mission Europa and now the upcoming Cursed Realms.

Here's one indication...

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I have huge respect for the dev of mission europa and have followed his dev blog,
    I paid the full £6 for the ME collectors edition on release day and got near 100 hours of play out of it,
    A while ago I tested a build of his next game which is looking to be just as awesome.
    It's a shame when stuff disappears from the store but that's the way it goes on the App Store and at the end of the day it's only a few pound to lose for a great game experience.

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I played that build of Cursed Realms too and was blown away; as is obvious from public teasers it's a really compelling mix of sandbox, city management, and real time strategy. I'll be curious to see how that release is received.

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    That's the very first thing I checked, actually. It's just not there. Checked again just to make sure I hadn't missed it.

I challenge anyone who can either find it on the store or find it in their history for re-download.

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Odd. I checked my purchase history and didn't see Necromancer Rising either. I've never heard of an App just altogether disappearing like that (unless there was some legal dispute, like with first Black Dawn).

8. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    There's a patch coming up soon that hopefully will address the crashing issues. If you still have problems, follow the link in my signature and post the bugs on the blog.

9. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Yes! The game just got updated. Time to reinstall this gem.

- Update to new screen formats and newer phones.
    - Updated menu information for new phones.
    - Fixes for various problems in not being updated for a year.

Thank you very much for the update!

10. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I bought it following the update. Looking forward to trying it out.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Finally! So happy

12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #4052 Nekku, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, an update? Didn't thought this game will get any further attention but here we go! Hope it crashes less often now.

Black Dawn (1.01) is still available in my purchase history and I also re-downloaded it a couple of months ago just to see how awesome the original game was before Freyr messed it up. Heh, ye still there but dont ask me why.

13. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Im interested in buying this but i cant find it anywhere on the app store

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You have to buy the collector's edition, which is there.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I can't find it in the US AppStore. And the game just keeps crashing after about 5 minutes of gameplay...

Does anyone else still have wild crashing issues? Wonder if it was pulled again with the intension of fixing em up?

16. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I haven't played it yet so I don't know if it keeps crashing, but I can't find it in the store and even tried the link from Appshopper and couldn't pull it up. Strange :/

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #4057 oooooomonkey, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Looks like it's been pulled, not sure why, it's still in my purchased list but with no screen shots or description?
    Maybe it was broken with the last update or something?
    I'm a beta tester and didn't find anything wrong with the last build though? So I don't know what's going on.

Edit. Just redownloaded it from my purchase history and it still works fine? So don't know why it's been pulled from the store.

Checking his blog it looks like it's broken on some devices, like iPad mini so that must be why it's pulled. (Probably)

18. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    He pushed a widescreen update out, which is the first update I'd seen in a long time, and for many of us, it broke the game (black screen after starting app). I have an Ipad Mini Retina and someone else had an iphone 5 and it did the same thing. Does the iphone 5 have a retina display? If so, it might have something to do with resolution, which would mean any non-retina resolution might actually work (such as the first ipad mini non-retina model).

So it makes sense it's been pulled until the bug can be ironed out.

I bought the collector's edition even though I already owned the standard just to support him (when I saw he was updating it). Glad to see him put some love in the game and take time off from his work in progress.

19. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    The game works almost without problems after the latest update (iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.6). No crashes or any technical game breaking problems. The only bug is that it shows the system clock and indicator of the cellular network at the top of the screen. Oh, and I am sliding down the notification center from the top of the screen by mistake, it happens quite often.

The dev wrote on the blog that he owns an iPad2, iPad3 and iPhone 5. He didn't test the new update on any other devices so he needs some time to patch the current version. That's why the game was pulled.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have a 4S with iOS 7.0.6 and it works fine, albeit the cellular network indicator, which I also see at the top.