Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. EvilAnimePanda

EvilAnimePanda Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    This is really weird. I got the game yesterday because it was on sale and there was a big surprise and then I added my name "Solaris" Didn't get anything in the mailbox when I checked today:confused:

2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Everyone ought to take advantage of the sale for sure. Easily the best FPS for iOS in my opinion. I played for a while today and it seems like the game is a lot more stable now. Thanks for the quick updates Ryan!

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I believe the gift was sent out sometime Friday night, US time, so if you registered your name after that time then you wouldn't have gotten it. I'd send you mine but I already merged it with my existing turret skill. Anyway, just play a while and you'll get that skill plus others just from looting. Also, I'm sure that another gift will go at some point in the not-too-distant future. ;)

4. And if you don't mind me asking, what was Doomsday? I don't seem to have anything along those names in my inventory/skills...

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thought it would be on sale through the weekend? People are talking about getting it this AM, and still on sale, and is now showing up at $9.99... what weird times to pull stuff off sale...

6. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Simply put it's the most useful skill in the entire game, only contenders IMO would be Adrenaline Rush and Doom's Eye.

It's an automated turret you drop on the ground and it starts shooting any enemies near. Pretty similar to the Soldier special skill in Borderlands.

7. OOOOOOOOH!

So that's where it went!

In that case, I have a duplicate skill xD

8. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    #3628 LucianOrb, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
    Heh? You drop the turret but the skill symbol remains where it was, only faded until recharged, it doesn't vanish or change place after activated.

9. No, I mean I now have one skill in the action list but one is also now in my skill inventory.

10. oliGKR

oliGKR Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Warwickshire, UK
    Great game, but it crashes pretty regularly for me, which is irritating. I know only one guy made it, but the first few levels I've played all looked too similar and its easy to lose your way, thinking you were going down a different route than you actually were because the environment all looks the same. Aside from the lack of testing and polish, this is a really well thought out app and I'm glad the developer made it compatible with my 2nd Gen iPod!

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Haven't crashed at all for me since the update.
    And also, there's a map. Zoom out far enough and you will see a yellow pointing where the boss is. Green arrows are mission objectives (if available)

12. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    #3632 SouL_DragooN, Apr 30, 2011
    Yea sale was over today I need to get that thread name changed (message in)... did not help sales at all ...in fact I lost more then I did the days before the sale.. interesting huh..

O well I am here to make a kick ass game and that is the goal!..

Glad to hear it is more stable!..

I may do another gift tonight!.. let the word out...

I want to start giving more gifts =)..

I will be in and out today... had to go buy a new nail gun.. argh.. expensive... work to do around the house. However, tomorrow I will be here collecting data while I work on getting the Corpse Tanks done for the next project =)...

13. oliGKR

oliGKR Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Warwickshire, UK
    If anything, its been crashing more after I updated. Thanks for letting me know the map shows objectives, as I had no idea... but I wish you could expand it to show the whole level.

14. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    ... ... ...
    Press map in menu and spam the minus button... ... ...
    There's almost no point in seeing the whole level though, I usually stop after seeing my objective(s) or the boss location.

15. oliGKR

oliGKR Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Warwickshire, UK
    I really like the windowed menus in Europa, but the map gets unreadable on my low-res iPod Touch if I really zoom out.. Perhaps the map should fill the screen? If not, I feel like I should be able to drag the view around but, or course, it just moves the window...
    Maybe pointers at the edge of the map, or even on screen whilst playing? Just a thought.

16. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    It's impossible/very hard to move items around inventory etc to organise, as well as moving them to the skillslots.

It also crashes frequently when trying to warp to a level.

17. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    No crashes on my touch4 since the update, so far.
    Yay!

18. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    #3638 Zallman, Apr 30, 2011
    It's actually really, really easy to manipulate your inventory once you figure out that you drop the skills in the top part of the skillslots/ inventory slots. I haven't had an issue with that since the first day I played and figured that out..

I was crashing when warping a *lot* before the udpate, but not now. (just my experience thus far)

19. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Yeah, I was trying to put the item right into a box. Doing it slightly above and to a corner helps a lot.

20. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    So, count me as another happy owner of Mission Europa :)

After reading most of this thread, some reviews on the Internet, and playing the free version for a couple of hours I bought the Collectors Edition. Just started the game (just around 1 hour of gameplay) so for me there is no point in joining the Arena, I will be squashed like a bug :D

For an RPG (and science fiction, fantasy, cyberpunk) fan like me this game is a great breath of fresh air in iOS gaming. I’ll write some more impressions after playing the game for a couple of hours.
    So far I’m really enjoying it. And the graphics and audio style is awesome – a mixture of s-f, System Shock and something like a really twisted dream – man, you have some imagination there :D Great stuff all the way.

About the technical side – game crashed once, after the first 20min of the game, when I finished the first quest with battery and the holograph ended her short speech (if it helps - iPhone 3Gs, iOS 4.2, non-jailbroken, no apps in the background, restarted the phone after installing the game). Apart from that game runs and feels really good. After finishing Nova 2 I had no problem in finding myself with the controls.

Btw – nickname in the game – Gunlock.