Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    ah I see thanks for the help

2. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I created an account just so i could post about this game.

I tried the free version last night, I enjoyed it but it didn't seem like pressing the button with an R on it nor pressing the L button did anything over 50% of the time (is this a known issue?).

I basically had to take my right hand off the ipod and use an index finger to tap that trigger to get my gun to shoot or sword to swing. Unlike any other game where i could use my left hand for movement and my right hand to look and then just slightly move a finger over the trigger area to shoot, this game required me to completely remove my right hand which made aiming damn near impossible. I hope I explained that issue well enough.

I tried moving the triggers but that didn't help, they are just the most unresponsive triggers I have come across. They hate thumbs! If you ever fix that, I will buy the game as it seems like it is awesome.

This was on a ipod touch 4th gen. And yeah it works fine in every other game I have just not yours. Works in rage, deadspace, bfbc2, cod zombies etc..

3. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Wow that is a first out of a thousand.... ok will look into it..

I just need to expand the buttons from what I can tell..

4. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    And I am buying the app right now, how is that? You seem like you put your heart into this, nice to see that from someone in any field. Just bought the collectors edition.

5. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    A learning experience for me let me know =)

6. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Everytime I have had a problem with a boss I just re-think my strats. There was one where I died a good number of times, but never enough to come here and bitch about the difficulty of it. It's really not that hard if you aren't used to the easymode that games have given us the last few years. Sorry there aren't checkpoints and infinite retries from the room right before the boss.. (not really sorry).
    :D

7. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Lol yeah this game definitely makes you think, and use new strategies:D

8. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    To be fair, "hardcore" should have nothing to do with save points or check points. For me, I need to be able to stop playing sometimes in an instant. I typically do not have hours and hours to play any longer, however I am still a gamer and enjoy my hobby. So far ME has been reasonable at being able to complete missions in a fairly quick manner, but I still cannot play it as much as mahjong or Zentomino, which offer a much quicker experience. I am fine with a system that allows saving at any point with the current level state being included, but upon loading from that save it erases itself so you can't keep trying things over and over. However, I also sometimes like to be able to go back to an old save so as not to have to redo everything. What is wrong with getting to try the boss again from the room right before as well? Nothing, if I made it there and can't beat the boss then why should I have to redo everything I previously did to get there? Some of the things gamers are made to do are actually fairly annoying. Again, this is not a critique of ME in any way, but to the general the attitude that "hardcore" is cooler and people who play these types of games are in some way better than those who like some convenience in their lives so that they can continue to enjoy games when life becomes infinitely busier.

This is also not an attack at you Zallman, I just hope to offer you a different perspective about why there is a lot of requests for some features in games that may not be "hardcore". Another thing to think about is how having to rethink your strats for those tough bosses would be any different if you would just start again right before the boss instead of having to redo a level? The best solution would be to offer both ways to play in every game that is complicated enough to warrant it (e.g. ME could possibly use some casual features, but Angry Birds wouldn't seem to be any better with a hardcore mode).

Anyway, just some things to think about.

9. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Another thing is right now, all the strats about gore worm are either:
    1. SNIPE IT (for like 10 minutes)
    2. Have high vamp stats

Neither is comfortable with me, especially the first one which takes a lot more time than conventional methods (and to be exact, this is an exploit. I'm not a fan of shooting gallery in RPGs). Also, talking from a FPS perspective, shooting at an inanimate object for any more than 10 seconds is just plain STUPID. In the end, sure I would've destroyed the worm, but the sense of accomplishment will come from relief of the end of boredom and not reward for skill.
    Second point, vamp is quite a hard stat to get. If I do opt to do so, I might lose stats in other crucial areas such as armor and damage (only lv 29). Again, not an option.

Then again, I do enjoy overcoming the near masochistic challenge that the game can offer at times (esp with Hell Guard/Spawn, now I LOVE fighting them). Though you do have to remember that this is played on portable devices. Some people simply don't have time for some of the 'strategies'.

10. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    FWIW, when I play on the Touch 4G I find the L and R buttons and the map + and - buttons require very accurate presses for them to register. Could it have something to do with the higher resolution Retina display? In any case, I would welcome a bigger hit box for these buttons, even as an option.

11. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    I wouldn't take this as a personal attack, I'm fairly easy going as far as debates/opinions go, to each his own.

You do make valid points and a very intelligent response, which is very welcome indeed. I definitely hate those games that make you do something over and over and over, especially involving running over the course of a level or having to watch cutscenes over and over. If it weren't for the crashing ME wouldn't have an issue with this repetition, I believe.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Let us determine their size in options. That would be optimal!

Also, please add asynchronous uninterrupted multitouch. Currently, any touch will break any other touch. This is most evident when using the left finger to aim and trying to shoot with the right at the same time, and when blocking when looking around/turning.

In both cases, the aim/look controls are interrupted when block and shoot are pressed.

13. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    A few days ago, I was a massive hater of this, after playing the lite the poor interface and meh gameplay didn't appeal to me at all.

I then read the Fallout 3 comparison and instantly tried it again, and loved it. The interface was not perfect, but definitely usable, the graphics weren't as bad as the screenshots and initial impressions reveal, the levels are big (and do they randomly generate?) and literally having 40 dungeon levels is awesome and the concept is awesome. Some things need to be explained, like how do you properly loot? Do you need to walk over their corpse or just look at it? But overall good.

The only thing that puts me off is the $10 price. It is probably worth it but with other games and the fact that a $10 game is very expensive comparatively I can't fall of the fence in your favour. I could get the standard edition but I don't want half an experience/game.

So I will be patiently waiting playing Portal 1/2 for the umpteenth time for some sort of price drop. You have impressed me though but the contrasting opinions and niche audience this game presents has stalled me on a purchase for now.

14. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Allow me to disagree. Vamp is not that hard to get, if not by enemy-collected items you can just spam the P0037 store a bit. IMO the only really crucial stats are Agility (Ranged Damage, Speed) and Strength (Weapon Damage, Health), got through the entire game (Level 51 right now) putting nearly all stat points into them, never found much use to Energy and Intelligence, which I pump mostly by equipped items. So, you can balance Agility, Strength and Vampirism and have all of them at very high levels (right now my character has 62/37/53), I did that and barely used Health Potions during the game.

The highlight of Vampirism is that you are attacking the enemies and healing yourself (very effectively) at the same time. Invaluable. Of course that doesn't help when you're 1 or 2-shot killed by those cheap enemies, but for the majority of the game it's really useful.

15. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    @diffusion
    i wouldn't wait for a price drop ryan has said that the CE won't drop and the standard won't for a long long time levels generate randomly so yeh the standard isn't a half experience game but it does have half the armour sets but yeh don't wait for a price drop ;) thank god you actually tried it again people who stick with it tend to find it amazing

16. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Getting a giftcard for this, this afternoon.

How good is the "Special sword" you get?

17. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    its alright to about level 54/5 but the thing you would get the CE for is the awesome ability to wear enemy armours 30 sets instead of 15 and all episodes unlocked from the start ;)

18. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Is there some sort of dungeon summon thing like in the demo that you plain cannot get now? that would kind of suck for people who have only just found out about the game.

19. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    you can get all items in the game except those exclusive to CE which is some armour sets and a sword at the beginning with last till level 4/5 before being useless ;) i recommend CE but if you don't wanna spend the extra money then you should think about just getting the standard hope this helps oh and there are four summons which are available by defeating them in there lair

20. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #3520 SouL_DragooN, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011