Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. lord timmie9

lord timmie9 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Hi Ryan I just took the name timmie9 will I get a present or do I have to do anything else

Is gyroscope control coming

2. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    We'll have to disagree then, because I contend that games, just like comics, are consumed in shorter bursts, vs. full-on start-to-finish consumption. Also, to argue that "Gameplay is a primary focus and visuals are not always needed" is to offer a completely subjective statement, that in no way reflects any concrete rule; if a game plays poorly, it fails. If it looks bad, it fails.

Just as art and narrative go hand in hand w/ comics, so too must graphics and gameplay.

Also subjective, but I simply think that those who consider the visual component to be of less consequence are wrong. Period.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Ryan, you know that you are a freak, do you?

The level of devotion to something you like is almost unreachable for other people.

4. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    #324 SouL_DragooN, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Could be in the future depending on how sales do .. I am going to support the heck out of this as always! But that co-op could be a whole new game with an OpenGL ES 2.0 upgrade =)

Thanks Vovin!!.. My wife tells me that all the time ;)... I do not want to disappoint those that invest in this project =)

And really if you play the game I am not sure you will say it looks like Space Invaders meets Defender =)

[​IMG]

Busy day!

5. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I think your misunderstanding icepulse. We're simply saying graphics shouldn't be burdening people's opinions about this game in particular because of the unique and compelling game play. It's a big reason why this thread is extremely active at the moment with mostly positive things to say about the game (graphics aside) ;)

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Missed your post Timmy.. sorry..

Tonight the next round of presents goes out. So if you set your name once you are good! ...

And Gyro is not in the mix currently but I can put it there. It will be in order of need or want on the blog =)

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #327 Vovin, Mar 16, 2011

Yeah, my fiancee keeps telling me that, too.
    Game's more than cool, btw. - and very provoking, too.

Uh, just remembered that I even was able to recall your name!
    Ryan Mitchell is in Power Rangers the sixth Lightspeed Ranger, the Titanium Ranger.

8. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I'm not. Someone else commented that this game looks bad, and asked what makes it so great. I didn't make the observation. The response to his query was "There's more to life than graphics mate. ... Ever heard of gameplay?".

I merely observed that his real question was left unanswered, and then tossed in my 2¢ with regard to the eternal "gameplay > graphics" quarrel.

9. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Wow lol had no idea.. Kinda a bland name but it works =P..

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Front-page mention and hopefully a review to follow up. Huzzah!

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Wow i asked God to help ryan get this out and make it succesful and to let me have more time playing it... he made me sick and ryan succesful! WE ALL WIN!

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #332 SouL_DragooN, Mar 16, 2011
  13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    People that play Tetris would like to have a word with you.

Also, comics (with the exception of graphic novels), can be consumed in a matter of minutes. Many video game players spend 2 - 3 hours on games. Frequently with story involvement at all. I for exmaple, played Minecraft last night for several hours carving out a tunnel underground. Not to many visuals there and the experience was purley based on the gameplay mechanics. It will boil down to how immersive the designer wants you to be into the game world.

And then you can use the example of comics having poor illustration yet still being fun to read can be seen in dailies / sunday comics. Which are not illustrated well all of the time.

I see your side in it and its all a matter of preference.

-On a side note... this game ate into my work time already.

14. FlyinJ

FlyinJ Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but PLEASE add a screen-invert option. My headphone plug is murdering my left hand without it. Makes playing incredibly unpleasant.

Thanks!

15. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    2nd Place Overall right now - catching up to Omega :cool:

16. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Got it flyinJ building a list on the blog =)

Just curious what music people might be playing while playing =).. (if you did not know just kill the music in options and play the ipod =) )

I am watching Rylin ;) ChickenTuna was making a BIG run last night. Must be at work.. ;) Like me! =P...

17. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I have looked through 9 pages now and can see several people asking if this will be for iPad or universal as well. But no reply. Can anyone (Ryan?) answer this? Thanks.

18. FlyinJ

FlyinJ Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    #338 FlyinJ, Mar 16, 2011
    Is it better to sell loot or melt it? Does it depend on the loot?

Also, do you have to click on "passive" talents to enable them? Does each click of, say, the "rage" passive skill count only once towards the next attack?

19. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Wow, didn't hear about this game until an hour ago and hype for this has jumped x 1000000000 since reading thru forum/watching vidoes. So there is no iPad version yet? Is it in the works? Blarg, I can't wait for the iPad version just going to download tonight when I'm off work.

20. Have the savegames also save what's in the mailbox - and restore the same upon loading.