Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Baronic

Baronic Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Dear Ryan. Just crashed again and I think it has to do with multitasking. If I minimize game to SMS, receive a call, and get back to it, the game starts to get a little jerky followed by a crash a few minutes later. I hope that helps

2. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    noob question after doing a quest how do you leave the map and go back to the main one with quest and stores and stuff????

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I personally save then load the game :D
    Frees up a skill slot.
    The 'normal' way is to use the town portal spell.

4. porkchop

Sep 8, 2010
    Also not sure if its just in the free version but it seems to crash most the time when i got to take a quest???

5. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    You must kill him when she says...then when you return to town you will see why

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Free version is new.. will need more testing if I do not pull it ...

7. porkchop

Sep 8, 2010
    y u thinking of pulling it????

8. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Can I suggest for the free version, let the player start at say at lv 20 or 30 with mid-game skills/summons and weapons and a handful of levels around their level open. To tell the truth, the game is pretty tasteless in the beginning now that I think of it. Much less action, skills and weapons to toy around with.

You might also nerf the monster damage so new players will not experience the hardship of lv 9 as some of us have :D

9. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Brings a wave of people great people but also a wave of people that would not like the type of game anyway... a real headache when you give support as much as I do =).. People that buy the game without the free version generally know the type of game they are looking for and are a pleasure to work with ;-).. This maybe different but my free versions have always cause more trouble then they were worth ;).. Nothing terrible just a work load increase..

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Good idea... I did that in necro and the people were not ready for the later levels.. I think in me that would be fine.. currently the free version is only to level 3.. ;) An hour or more I think of play time..

11. zeronur

zeronur New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    I've been watching the progress/release updates for this game for a while and was excited to see that a lite version is out now so I could give it a try (Seeing all the reports of bugs/crashes made me hold back from purchasing it yet).

First off, congrats on the hard work on this game and getting it released. I've seen a lot of complaints about the graphics but I actually think it looks rather nice. Admittedly, I grew up during the time of the NES and old blocky, shareware pc games that came on floppies so it's not terribly hard to impress me when it comes to graphics. The setup of the game in terms of story and setting are nice and I like the voice overs you have.

Sadly though I'm going to have to continue to postpone purchase for now. It crashed on me several times during the very first parts just trying to get past the tutorial-like opening and trying to talk to the blue AI woman and I gave up trying to get any further. Yes, I have an older ipod touch and yes I did try rebooting it in case that'd make a difference but that didn't. On top of that, one thing I have a lot of trouble overlooking in games is badly edited text. From what text I saw in the game, I saw a good bit of 'engrish' that didn't flow well and a misspelling or two...like it started out as a japanese game that was poorly translated into english. It's something that always drives me nuts when I see it in games and always breaks the immersion factor for me. Ridiculous thing to be picky about, I know, just a quirk I have.

I didn't want to leave a review on itunes as I couldn't in good conscience give it a 5 star rating and I didn't want to hurt your scores on there as you work so hard on it and with the community. Keep up the good work and hopefully after a few more updates it'll sound like it's at a point where I'd be willing to pull the trigger.

12. porkchop

Sep 8, 2010
    #3352 porkchop, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    enjoying the game might end up grabing this, does the arena run smooth to??? will my stuff from free version continue over if i grab collectors ed???

13. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Yes very smooth. We need more players.. Sorry the free version is stand alone currently to keep size down.. ;)

Still finding crash fixes mainly right now.. update 2 should be release by apple in a few days then update 3 starts.. I will collect data and then start it ;)

14. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas

Thanks for the input very valuable.. I love the current level of technology being able to work directly with people to mold your games =)

15. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Hey, Ryan, how about that Game Center support? Those in-game achievements are begging for it!

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How do you mash up Dungeon Keeper / The Syndicate?

You should pull together some general ideas, maybe a sketch or two, and post a thread in the upcoming games forum. Not only would it help you get feedback but it might also draw attention to Mission Europa. Obviously it wouldn't be good to jump the gun too much but that might help get you motivated to proceed.

17. porkchop

Sep 8, 2010
    I got 12 bucks wont be getting a card ina while but thinking of getting to to give some support( really wished my stuff from free would carry over to full, :( had some sick skills lol) but ryan one question first is the name for arena porkchop4lyfe available?? if it is ill go and grab this ;)

18. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Haha most likey i can search it brb

Edit searched it not showing up! your all good!:)

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yer not alone. And with the abundance of talented writers strewn across the web, it is so easily alleviated...

20. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    If the mailbox works (I highly doubt it) you could send your items to other ppl and yeah...
    I seriously doubt it would though.
    *Note: you made a grave mistake by not buying Collector's Edition in the first place. Now suffer the consequences :D