Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. So are you finally going to go all-OpenGL 2.0 this time and leave the old devices behind?

2. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    I'd be all for an ME 2 to continue the saga! It would make good use of the rich world you have already created. Either way, I'm sure it will be great; you have shown a talent for making fun games.

3. SideQuest

SideQuest Member

Nov 17, 2010
    My pleasure. You've made a very fun mobile game here (hell, a fun game for any platform). Certainly feeds my loot hungry soul.

I also purchased Necromancer, but only had a few minutes to play that. Also seems to be my cup of tea.

4. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Yes sir... time to move on ;(... OpenGL 2.0 allows for the level of graphics I was accustom to in the console market FINALLY.... ;)..

5. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #3325 SouL_DragooN, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    It is eons below M.E. .. but I still think interesting.. The market for the app store is riddled with weekend projects and very short games.. rarely have I ever gotten more then an hours gameplay out of the titles... I like the more involved games...

I am 90% leaning towards a Dungeon Keeper / The Syndicate mash up game...

Both amazing games... ( I REALLY want to make a Sacrifice clone but perfection is hard to improve upon ;) )

Updated blog with a little more on what is floating around in my head...

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You sure do namedrop titles of quality ;) Oh, the hours lost to Syndicate when I was but a wee lad...

While I would be truly excited for a Dungeon Keeper/The Syndicate mash-up, Banshee Soft style, I also hope you eventually make a huge, dynamic open world game in the gameplay vein of Necromancer/Mission Europa.

7. SideQuest

SideQuest Member

Nov 17, 2010
    I think a DK/Syndicate type game would be interesting. A nice way to stretch your wings on the App Store and do something outside of the FPS RPG genre.

A Sacrifice clone would be killer. I've always wanted to see Sacrifice crossed with the hero system you see in something like DOTA or League of Legends. Where the creatures have their own unique abilities and different types of play styles. Not sure how it would actually all work out though.

Looking forward to whatever you decide to work on next. Keep at it!

8. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Level 50 items are still crap.

9. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Ryan you think the collectors ed will ever go on sale???????????

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Nope. It won't. He already said that Collectors ed will never go on sale. In a year atleast.

11. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    rofl...update 2 is not out yet.. ;) It should be good there.. ;)

12. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    hey guys what do u think of me making a "Mission Europa Arena Matchups" thread where people can arrange there ME arena battles in the thread?

13. Baronic

Baronic Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I finally caved in and bought the collector's edition, and the game has so far crashed on my in the middle of battle level 1, 3 times for no apparent reason. Latest Os iPhone 4. One of the times I finally found a very nice energy weapon :( all gone. Nice game but is a fix coming? I don't wanna play anymore till it's fixed cuz its just so upsetting to lose a good drop to a crash

14. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    does the collectors ed continue to get extra content with updates or is it just extra levels and the things you start off with

15. Baronic

Baronic Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Additionally I'm told to kill the lvl 1 boss and bring back his head. Before I got the mission I'd already killed him an his head is in my backpack, but I can't return it to the holographic AI? As in the option to speak to her doesnt pop up

16. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Go to the teleporter, enter code, restart or skip the quest if you wish. Or just restart the game/phone and try approaching the avatar again.

17. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    That's a good idea. Make sure people are aware of different timezones :eek:.

18. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    have to kill again

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Reboot.. that is more crashes then I have heard o fupdate 2 should be out in a few days and is MUCH more stable =).. its been in review a few days...

20. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Collectors is 50 hours plus the whole game at once... ;)