Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Bug: Teleporter

I teleported from the Banshee level to level 40 via skill. Then used the teleporter to try to go to the shop... I ended up on the start page... That has happened before but I usually thought I pressed the wrong button somewhere...

D.

2. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    MANY THANKS!!!! Super help!

3. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    hmmm did not notice that but I do not snipe much thanks!

4. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Ugh - as long as it's optional. I hate gyro aiming in every instance I've encountered it on the platform so far.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Good idea. I think I might have already been doing that, subconsciously ;)

And yeah, that's how I do it in other iOS FPS titles. However, I find both Modern Combat 2, the N.O.V.A. series and Archetype to be far more exact in precise aiming controls than Mission Europa, mostly thanks to the sticky bug.

Hat off to ya, yer one responsive dev, good sir ;)

/signed.

Perhaps if the initial stickiness is removed, those of us who prefer touch controls won't need the gyro.

6. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    :eek::eek::eek:
    [speechless]
    I crave for gyro aiming in EVERY FPS game I have. It's so much more accurate than any other form of aiming on iDevices. Also, it lets you strafe and gun more easily.

Another way I counter it is to drag the fire button and wriggle it a bit. Drop the reticule on your target and release. Works fine for me when I snipe with my .223 rifle.

Oh and dev could make an option to turn on/off gyro right?

7. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    You are very welcome! Happy to help!

D.

8. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I absolutely agree... I was a bit worried about the graphics before i bought it but that really isn't an issue when you start playing... I am totally engaged by this game and I can't put it down. I agree with the OP that this is the best app in the store.

Kudos to the developer... he did an absolutely amazing job and I hope more people get to experience this masterpiece. Great customer support too. Thank you!

9. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thank you rocket fuel for the late nights like this one ;)

I am updating as I fix what I am fixing on the blog..

Armor set bonus in! + 25% for a complete set!!

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Hey Adamphetimane, can u send me the lvl 37 hitcher now?

11. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Love it!!! Maybe then I can finally finish the game as well! :p

D.

12. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Sure is a good incentive.
    However, Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege 2 taught me that armor set bonus is either for the patient or the dedicated. I'm neither.*
    I'm also getting the feeling that most players would find random armor pieces with stat bonuses be more beneficial than extra defense (unless one is either of the above, or just extremely lucky).*

*Cynicism at work :rolleyes:

13. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    iPhone 4.

OK, thanks, Ryan. Hope it fixes my crashes, I'm under the impression they're getting more and more frequent. Or maybe it's just me that can't stop playing the game :D

On a side note, I'm impressed at how powerful Adrenaline Rush is:

1) Release Doomsday / Axiom of Carnage / Ball Lightning
    2) Keep spamming Adr Rush (instantly recharges as you're inflicting crazy amounts of damage)
    3) Everything dies (including bosses/mid-bosses, only takes longer), you don't even need to directly hit anything, just watch the fireworks from a distance :cool:

Or you can just combine it with Doom's Eye and a long range fast shooting weapon (e.g., Chain Gun) and one-shot snipe kill anything (except bosses).

You nerfed Doomsday and Noogardlous, to be honest I think that Adr Rush is way way more broken than those.

Don't like and never use Vengeance like other players as it depends on your character taking a lot of damage. Too risky.

14. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    The graphics are great IMHO. They aren't as shiny as NOVA or some other games, but they give ME a unique feel and seem fitting to me. I will use the old saying here, "Don't judge a book by its cover." I agree about the game overall being excellent and the support from Ryan is phenomenal!

I experienced my first series of crashes in my last play session. I was in Port 0037 and doing some item equiping, buying, selling and then crash. I had three crashes in all, sometimes with the shop and sometimes just checking items, combining skills, and equiping armor. I had unfortunately not saved the first time and lost a rather nice shield. :( I thought the crash was related to selling a particular item, but I couldn't duplicate the crashes. I did manage to get a nicer shield though. :) I also learned to save more often.

Level 2 has a noticeable increase in difficulty, which is nice. I really liked the slight change in setting as well. I don't know if this is explained anywhere, but are the yellow arrows on the map always the boss and the green arrows point toward mission objectives, such as find such-and-such person?

15. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas

Thanks! The yellow is boss..(random bosses not shown and start on level 3 I think) Green is location of objective..

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Finally got the Arena working, looks like the crappy WiFi here is part of the problem... :mad:

17. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #3217 bigred447uk, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
    I'm stoked ! The full set bonus was my idea !

I love this world where gamer feedback actually adds features !

Ryan - thanks

(EatTheRich in game)

@Ryan - sorry for begging but do I get knuckles for my contribution ? God I feel bad for asking but I'm still stuck on quest 124 !!!!!!

18. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    best thing about ios gaming... devs that listen to ideas and at least consider them and even act on them ;)

19. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Forgive me if this has mentioned already, but there are two (large, imo) issues with the controls as they are currently. The first is that dragging outside the movement circle ends movement. Okay, not the end of the world.

The second issue bothers me a lot more. I tried moving both L and R buttons to the left side of the screen, so i could press either with my left thumb while my right thumb continued aiming. The problem with this is that whenever an attack is used, you can no longer move the camera around. You have to remove your finger entirely from the screen and then put it back. It definitely limits the possible control schemes one can use. As it is now i have to aim, remove thumb to hit attack button (doing so nudges the camera most of the time), remove thumb again and put it back so I can aim again. Very clunky.

20. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Grrr, I am level 12 already and I finally found out that you can improve skills in the creation system. What??

I thought I was going to find high level skills as I progress.

How does this actually work ?