Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3181 Ayjona, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
    The biggest problem with block is not the duration, but that it breaks the steering when activated. Essentially, you have to lift your finger off the looking & turning controls (the screen), and press them down again to continue turning and aiming while blocking.

Removing this little issue would go a long way towards making close & melee combat even more fun :)

2. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Level 34.

3. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    #3183 hamster787, Apr 20, 2011
    if you change the 'block' button position you can attack and block with your right hand ;) go to controls in options menu

4. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    ah what device?

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have changed it :) I don't have a problem with the placement of controls, or with not having enough fingers ;) My issue is that when I press block, it temporarily breaks the the aim/look controls, causing the character to stop looking around, while my finger is still swiping across the screen, thus forcing me to lift my finger and touch the screen again to continue to aim.

6. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    oh sorry no, i see what you mean i hadn't noticed throughout my 50 hours of play time haha :D well i still think it would be a good idea to have the block changed as i said first mainly because that problem doesn't bother me ;)

7. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Update 2 in the works!

And the size is amazingly small for the amount of content in there.. did you see Rage is 1 GIG.. and about 15 minuts of playtime.. ;)

I think you are having the AVMedia player crash I fixed 2 days ago..I am targeting this weekend to finish Update 2 =).. Then ship it off =)

8. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Hmm not intended.. so on the list ;)

9. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Here's the promised list of issues I found with the skills...

- Vitality seems not to do anything looking at the stats. Should be a passive skill to make sense, but even as an active skill it doesn't change the number of health points I have.
    - Vigor according to the stats doesn't change the speed of Mana regeneration either... Should be a passive skill too... Even as an active skill the energy used up by it is actually stalling the regeneration...
    - Single Handed... Is this an active skill? What is it actually doing? At level 4 it states DMG +25 (%??? Because 25 hitpoints would be not that helpful at higher levels...) Next level is stated as DMG +25.
    - Noogaadlous doesn't indicate any damage... Has a huge recovery time though... Much longer than Psychic Push
    - Duel Wield (should be Dual Wield I think) gives no indication to what it does... (at level 4.0: DMG 1.0/ NRG 1.0/ Recharge 1.0, next level: DMG 1.0/ NRG 1.0/ Recharge 1.0), should most likely be a passive skill...
    - Parry: I guess this is meant to be used like Block... At level 1.0: DMG 0.6/ NRG 0.0/ Recharge 1.0, Next level: DMG 0.6/ NRG 0.0/ Recharge 1.0
    - Block: No indication of changes between current level (3.5) and next level
    - Seal of Heavens Ward... To quote from the description: Releasing this seal with lower the damage taken by . Next level .) OK then... The icon as well seems to be switched with Seal of the Cross
    - Heal: Seems to have had a dip after upgrading it to 1.5 and 2.0... And is sometimes not working at all (I had mentioned that before)... Most easily detectable when using it to top off the health bar after a fight... Only consumes mana then...
    - Seal of Reflect: Not really sure what this is supposed to do... Quote from the app: "Releasing this seal will reflect damage caused by you back to the attacker." Does that mean that my attack will end up hurting me?

I think that's it for now! Hope that helps for the update!

D.

10. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    As counter-intuitive as it may sound I put both buttons on the left side, positioned at about 2 o'clock relative to the control stick. I'd much rather be able to aim & shoot at the same time than move & shoot. Plus it gives me a larger area to touch for the look/aim mechanic without accidentally hitting a button or skill. It works great for my style and proves what a great idea you had in allowing full controls customization.

11. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    It's yours! Is your in-game name Flood?

I have a level 13 shield that has 438.8 armor, would that work?

12. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    As well as a reminder: The level 50 item issue could use some fixing... ;)
    Armor is very low. Special attributes are not set correctly either... I'm happy I found a 5115.0 armor shield, but was surprised that says WORM HIDE Regis...

Regarding quality stats: The sequence or numbers seem to be off...

- decrepit (-125)
    - rusted (-115)
    - poor (-110)
    - fine (90)
    - superior (85)
    - angelic (75)
    - saintly (80)

I made the list in the order of the adjectives... Weird that fine seems to have the highest number...

I guess I just have too much time on my hands! Good luck with the update!
    ;)

D.

13. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    nope thanks for the offer i found a shield that has like 650 defense ;)
    anyone want to challange me in the arena level 14 so yeh 10 levels either way ;)

14. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    will you be able to do the continuos block for this update as wel? sorry if i seem demading and misspelled words playing and typing at the same time ;)

15. Froggy Krueger

Froggy Krueger Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Right behind you...
    I'll fight you cause I can't find anyone else... But I'm like level 5 so I'll get my butt kicked...

16. Froggy Krueger

Froggy Krueger Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Right behind you...
    Ok thx man

17. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    lol nm im seartching now waiting for peopl ;)

18. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Did you get it? I sent it out a while ago.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3199 Ayjona, Apr 20, 2011
    Nice! Thankses ;)

EDIT: While yer at it... I've noticed that there seems to be a strange stickiness to the look/aim controls. When I place my finger on the screen and start moving it, the aim controls don't seem to respond for the first millimeters of movement. For fine-tuning sniper shots and other precision-based operations, this can be a bit bothersome, and it makes the controls seem a bit unresponsive at times.

20. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Agreed. Gyro could help solve the problem...
    Though in the mean time, you could try moving your character to make up for some precise aiming. That's how I usually deal with touch screen aiming.