Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    #3141 spajdr, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    Wish there would be some resize/scale option of UI or fonts, everything is so ugly on my Ipad 2 and texts improperly scaled.

2. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    i could do it with se too. :p

yep, i just thought maybe you talk about sets with better stats than in se version. ;)

3. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I want to see if I understand attributes correctly. Most of the stat boosts, such as speed or health regeneration are influenced by two attributes such as agility and power(faith). In fact power seems to be important to all but two stats, but it has lower influence. So, if I upgrade agility, I want to make sure I will get 75% for that attribute at the level I upgraded to and then 25% from whatever the faith still is?

Sorry if I used incorrect terminology.

4. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Interesting, I thought that was supposed to be a bonus for the CE. Perhaps this is a bug Ryan needs to be aware of. :)

5. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    He has a collection of my heads also...

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I get my iPad 2 soon .. about 4 weeks... I was finally able to afford one ;)

We will see then when I can finally see it!

7. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    CE people can port to any level you want to right from the start.
    SE people need to purchase the level packs, then can they port also.

8. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas

There is an invisible knob I turn for stats that number X
    X * (25% StatA / MaxStatA_AtLevel + 75% StatB / MaxStatB_AtLevel) = result

or something similar. At the day job right now =)

9. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    #3149 Pete the Geek, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    Congratulations, I'm sure you will enjoy the iPad 2 and we will all benefit :D. I play on iPad 2 in 2X and my gameplay video shows how it looks - beautiful! The flexible UI let me move the L and R buttons to the bottom of the screen for easier use on the larger device. You will see that ME is "upside down" :D.

10. About time, Scrooge McDuck!

Myself, I chose the iPad 2 64GB 3G GSM - I travel a LOT, having world-wide 3G connectivity is important to me. I have about 10 different PAYG mini-SIMs and cut-down SIMs in a little tiny case in my carry-on.
    Thank you, taxpayers!

So....how's that save/restore of savegame data through iTunes coming along?
    Because I know that's the #1 priority now...RIGHT?!?!?!

11. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Thanks, no worry about the exact stat calculation.

Being a nitpicker because I teach programming even knowing operator precedence it is much clearer to write the calculation as:

result = X * (((25% * StatA) / MaxStatA_AtLevel) + ((75% * StatB) / MaxStatB_AtLevel)))

:D I should have converted the percentages too, but I don't feel like it! :) The result could really be on either end, but my programmer mind likes it better on the left.

What I am taking from this though is that not only is there the current StatA level, but there is a cap based on the characters level that StatA could be? I'm guessing it is equal to the character level, so if I was level 3 my StatA could also be a max of level 3? Also, wouldn't it be possible to go higher with enhancements from skills or items? Maybe the system still allows for this and doesn't cap the stat at max level even if it should go higher.

I guess you tweak X to adjust difficulty somewhat? Is it a dynamic tweak or only modifiable in code for new releases? Is it related to the bonuses a character might have?

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Rofl.. ;) Yes it is a priority.. but so is stability.. I think those are the VERY top two for Update 2.. I maybe done next weekend depending on The day job it is heating up a little =)

13. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    question what is the day job im just interested and also is anybody 10 levels from level 12 and going on arena i started again so yeh im low level haha

14. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    The day job is Architorture (Architecture)... My bachelors is there my masters is Computer Science... ;).. . Art first Science last ;) Strange mix but sure is fun! ;)

15. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    omg... gameplay issues... confirmed with game testing...
    1. HITCHER EXPLOSION problem!!! Somehow, it only happens when the explosion hits a number of enemies and player is also in range of the explosion (number not confirmed, I'm guessing 3+?)

2. Doom's eye and rifles with rate 2 <-(whatever that is) (guns include .410 and .308 rifles), reduces rate of fire from 1 per 3 seconds to 1 per 8 SECONDS (started counting at trigger pull). The extra damage per shot is heavily offset by 4x longer rate of fire. Please fix.

3. Sometimes, some spells don't hit enemies at close range eg. Vampiric Bleed and Maser (my 2 'health leech' spells).

16. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I have a few items that I don't need that I thought might interest some of you guys. I have a level 6 and a level 10 coolaidstylecannon, a level 9 and level 12 fire crossbow, and a level 13 poor shield wiht 438.8 armor. Any takers? If not I'll just sell em.

17. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I'll take the lvl 10 coolaid please, my ME name is jxw245

18. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    It's yours! Apparently the mail bug was fixed, but even if it isn't, the damage will stay the same so you shouldn't have an issue.

19. Awesome_Sauce

Awesome_Sauce Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Okay i have a couple of questions

1. If you level up Noogardlous or a summon skill, does it increase the damage?
    2. How do you get multiple summon skills? Do you just go back to the tower thing?
    3. Does anyone have the heal skill? Cuz i do, but it doesn't really seem to do anything. I noticed that it lists damage in the skill description, is that right or is it a bug? If anyone could explain to me how the heal skill works that would be great.
    4. This one's more for Ryan and is not really a question. I noticed that the schematics that i find use medium materials but all i seems to get is small materials (i'm level 13). I guess that i'll find medium materials later on in the game, but by then the stuff will too weak to bother. So i was thinking that maybe another re-balancing of the schematics would be nice. I know that the schematics are nice stuff and should be a hard to get, but they should at least possible to get. So maybe you could get make the schematics use small materials (or whatever size material that drops at that level) and then just increase the number of materials you need.

Thanks guys!

20. eusti

eusti Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I found that the Heal skill sometimes does not work. Ironically I see it most when I'm no longer under attack and am just trying to top off my health bar...

D.