Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    I gotta LOL at those of you who beg for items from the developer.

seriously lol.

2. Gooxhenfly

Gooxhenfly Member

Jul 9, 2010
    i'm sure this has been asked but
    is the collector's edition worth the extra money?

3. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Definitely!

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    It includes all the episodes to boot, and unlocks all the levels. That in it self can save you lots of time eg. fighting level boss: teleport to level below it (this game goes down...), go up one level, and you should be near, if not with the level boss.

Also, you have twice amount of armor loot drop. More in game cash and more chances to get better armor. A huge plus.

The potion, armor and epic sword are just goodies that get you started with the game.

5. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    Mission Europa Gameplay Video

So I made a gameplay video of me going after the worm on level 15. I tried to give a good idea of the excellent pace of the game... some creeping, some big battles, strategy in luring a bosses minions away, etc. There is a bit of a twist mid-way through :eek:.

6. lomaelli

lomaelli Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Why you want to LOL? What's wrong with those begging?

7. Zallman

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Seriously? If you don't get it then you don't get it. :(

8. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Do you farm skill drops? lv4.5 doomsday...:eek:
    Btw what program did you use to make the video? I'd like to make one too, mainly featuring AoE attacks/spells split second mass murder of mobs :D

9. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    #3129 Pete the Geek, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    I do a lot of leveling up runs and I've been lucky with skill drops :D.

I think the strength of ME is the big mob battles and the AoE attacks. More videos would be great!

The making of the video was a Rube Goldberg-esque adventure, but the very short version is I used iMovie on my iPad with an assist from Photoshop on my PC.

The long version is that I pointed an external web cam at a video monitor and recorded in Microsoft Live Movie Maker on my laptop. I chose that program only because it also records audio from the line-in jack. After I captured the raw video, it was a quick trip through a WMV to MP4 video converter then on to the iPad, where I did all the editing using iMovie. I had to do the titles on a PC in Photoshop CS (I will be looking for an iPad title slide maker... sheesh).

And in case anyone wants to try this at home... To get the video out of the iPad and onto the monitor, I connected the Apple HDMI adapter to an HDMI to DVI adapter. To get the audio I cobbled up a double-ended audio cable, one end for the iPad and the other for line-in on my laptop. The audio software on my laptop has a nice audio monitor setting, so I was able to put on headphones and play quite normally while all the recording shenanigans were going on. There was also a chair, a ruler and numerous rubber bands :D, but let me leave it at that :cool:.

10. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    is this kind of joke or you mean starting equipment?

11. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    if im correct in what you're implying there are double the armour sets in ME:CE ;)

12. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    additional sets are better than ones in standard edition, or just have different look?

13. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    well they have a different look but its really a smoother upgrade process so in the standered it might go set 1,3,5 but in CE its more like 1,2,3,4,5 so yeh there is a better chance for better armour or at least smoother gameplay ;)

14. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    thanks, well if the strongest type is the same for both versions than it's ok.

15. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    np yeh at the end of the day you can enjoy the game just as much with the standard. i would say its defiantly worth getting CE if a person is willing to dish out the extra money, of course what is an awesome bonus is that you can go to any level you want :D

16. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    You market the CE as having a collector's edition icon...but it's uglier than the original and that is saying something. It is an instant turn off and immediately leaves a negative impression.

And the graphics look too unpolished (similar to all Team Phobic games) and so I'd rather avoid/wait because quality>quantity.

17. hamster787

Sep 1, 2010
    wait if you want but this is quality (best game on app-store imo) and quantity (over 50 hours of game-play for one play through) the graphics grow on you though ask people who had doubts about them at first i bet almost all will say that the graphics have grown on them.
    Anyway that's your opinion and this is mine ;)

18. Zallman

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    If you get the normal version you only get 1/2 the armor available, so to speak.

If you get the CE version you can wear skins/armor from enemies, like I have a skull helmet, a worm hide helmet, dead scientist flesh helmet, etc.. Some of them look pretty damn cool/sick.

19. Zallman

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    The further you get in the game, the better the graphics get. The environments get more interesting as well as the armor textures and enemy textures.

20. FlowRidah

FlowRidah Active Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I'm trying to test out the arena. After I join the server, what do I do? Just wait?