Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in your imagination
    Game Impressions

I would just like to say: THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!
    kthxbai!

2. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks! The words are rocket fuel to keep going

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Had to relocate cross country and my Iphone was... well not in the same state it was. So I haven't been here in a while is there a work upcoming to maybe up the sensitivity and maybe resize the buttons for when playing on an ipad? (cause that is what most of my i gaming is done on now)

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    New crash analysis:
    Run through lv 9, died before boss (typical) returned to town. Sold loot, bought* better armor, return to teleporter, clicked go to quest, crash.
    *method: go to shop, shop window opens up along with inventory. This is what I did (crashes EVERYTIME after I do this): sell loot, open equipment window and manually compare status of shop armor, purchase (if available), close shop window (left inventory window open), wait for a few seconds and shop window comes up again with new items, repeat 3 times (every SINGLE time). Go to teleporter and go to quest then crash.
    Don't remember similar crashes if I don't use the above method.

Hope this info helps.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm still having trouble getting an areana game going due to inability to find players.

6. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Me too

7. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    The crashes have been pretty abundant. Probably about 20 so far today in
    3 hours play time. Can't say it's any more or less since patch, but definitely
    equal.

None have been during gameplay, all have been:
    - Going into a cutscene like getting or turning in a quest
    - Porting back to town or port orion
    - Porting into a dungeon quest

Haven't had any while fighting.
    Hope this helps.

8. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Em should we setup a specific thread for crash report submission? This thread is currently spanning the following topics: crash reports, arena related posts (comments, problems etc), game impression ... ... ...
    A dedicated crash report thread should help the dev (hopefully figuring out a pattern?)

9. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks guys I played 3 hours today 1 crash I could not track thanks to open al. But the very good description above I can do that!!! Good stuff! Hopefully the free version will show peoPle what we have here and we will get more players for arena.. In the mean time I am hunting this memory SFO
    Ping bug ... Not easy my memory manager is not detecting it and it should ... It might be in open al which is a black box and that is why I wrote my own engine ...... I hate black boxes ;)

10. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    A lot of my crashes have come when I talk to Dr. Sierra.
    I think she's intentionally causing my crashes...

Think about it for a second... How does she end every story?
    "Go rest and speak to me when you're ready!"

She's simply forcing you to take a break. :)

I agree with gunxsword and getting back on topic,
    the free version will make believers out of many.

11. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Schematics are still useless to me.

Though their material requirements are now doable with the update, for the last 10-15 levels all of them I can get require materials that are simply not available yet. First I needed large ones nowhere to be found, now the same with giant.

I could store them and craft the items when the right materials become available, but as they're level related it's really likely I'd just end with obsolete equipment I wouldn't want to use anymore, so what's the point?

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I would love to hear about how people like the arena (not many are playing really right now ). The free version goes to apple Monday and I am back on Update 2 (crash fix and a few small items that popped up)

About to upload the free version to apple for review =)

13. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Crash Report:
    New breakthrough...
    Was farming Reyem level. Encountered mini boss and did the following (in order): Axiom of Carnage lv1.5, Ball Lightning lv1/Nova Zembla lv1 <-before I got Ball Lightning, Noogadlous lv2, Mana Shield lv1.5 and Doomsday lv2, Adrenal Rush, switched to Pistol and shot the Gore Worm then crashed.

Similar crash happened last time when I got Marine Captain to half health (remember my RAGE???).

14. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    O yes I do... nothing makes me more upset then someone crashing.. I wish I was the crash monkey! =)... getting there got 3 today alone...

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    OH MY FREAKIN G!!!!!!!

I finally got through Level 9!!! It took me about half an hour having to wait over and over again for the Doomsday Turret to come back. I had to go across the ENTIRE MAP to reach to boss. FINALLY did it though. BUT GUESS WHAT!? JUST AS I HIT HIM WITH NOOGARDLUOS, IT FREAKIN CRASHES!!!!!! Now I have to start over!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Did you take my suggestion and name it Mission Europa: First Encounter?:D:D:D

17. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    No it did not fit fireball

Crex.. I will mail you a present I am sorry for the problem.. this present should help ;).... shhh. and point away from face. for sure...

I killed 3 crash bugs today.. all of them with Open AL and Apples music player...

I HATE black boxes...they say yea the crash was in 0x34234534 yea .. there... ARGH..

Present on the way crex! =P

Free version uploading

18. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #3078 gunxsword, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    SULKING!!! Why don't I get one??? :p
    BTW I finally passed lv 9 :D Spawned at lv 10, went back and was at the big room with 1 straight path and 2 side paths. Unloaded all my skills on it while kiting with a Hitcher that COHagan sent me. Good thing it didn't crash :D
    Also, a few things:
    Is there a shop in lv 10?
    I noticed that the shop stopped selling Hitchers (nor do monsters drop them) starting from around lv 8. Kinda frustrating to me as the Hitcher is my most proficient weapon...

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Let me know if you got it ;)

20. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #3080 gunxsword, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011