Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    lol +1 to gift for early adopters!

2. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Does it SAY completed in the Quest window?

3. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Master Blaster (name) quest #43 fires through all of the scenery, multiple
    walls with his "blast" shots. I've tried weaving left and right, even running
    down other hallways but he one shots you through the scenery/walls.

Mana shield is active and I'll say this again, when I take damage, it's 100%
    life that gets drained, no mana at all.

Ryan, how can you say monsters firing through the walls isn't a priority fix?
    It's enough for me to stop playing the game, just the cheesiest crap ever.

Mana shield is VERY broken, I've not seen it work once.
    I hate to sit here and complain but these are MAJOR issues...

4. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I can't believe I never mentioned this before but I really wish that items in the store would have a compare button like they do in our inventory, it would make upgrading a lot easier. I truly love this game, and I'm really glad you got the arena working, now I just have to find someone to play against when I'm near wifi.

Oh yeah, I'm level 12 right now and thought I'd try going into level 15 to level up a bit, well I found the ration weaver, used a few spells on him, shot a few bullets, had him down pretty far and had almost killed him, I had full life too, hadn't even gotten hit by him once...then all of a sudden, beam of light and I was dead! Arrgg! That's what I get for trying to be the big cheese that I'm not :D

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Full caps warning)
    Defeated Hellspawn Demon mini boss (something like that, the flame dudes) lv 9 and started fighting Marine Captain, damaged him to half health and BOOM!!! CRASH TO HOMESCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously!? Stability fix? I've only had after-loading-level crashes that does not make me lose progress before the update, now this update gave me 2 in-level crashes so far. :mad:

*Edit: crashes surprisingly does not stop me from impulsively playing this game...

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    BEAMS go through walls =).

You can do the same with yours... that guy is designed that you stand back and snipe.. get a rifle dooms eye and have everything up to fight him down a long hallway or across a level.. if he needs a nerf that bad let me know again..

7. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Awesome isn't it.. doom went 376 minutes no crash I went the same..

Please device you were playing on and quest you were on?

8. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas

If you get one hit that means it is designed to be a stand off fight or a special skill would be more advantageous.. ;)

Almost done with the free version of the game for those that are not sure.. only 2 levels about 1-2 hours or so of gameplay for free.. more then a lot of full games ;)

Update 2 will have more stability, and balancing, and hopefully a new item or two ....

If you have an issue please be as descriptive as possible ;)
    1. device
    2. quest number
    3. what were you doing
    4 .how long were you playing to that point

Those REALLY help in the 85,000 lines of code... (SouL_EnginE 2 is being re-factored to a fourth of that code at least....)

9. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Still hasn't crashed on my ipod 4 32gig since the update.
    yay!

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I fixed a crash in openal tonight.. and I am sure there will be others LOTS of code... and just me and Doom really..

11. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Ok, I jumped down to level 16 before grabbing update, and I am currently waiting in the Arena..who wants some? ;)
    Happy Friday all!

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    iPhone 4 16 gigs v 4.3.1
    Quest 35 (kill marine captain, lv 9)

I usually crash after loading a level. See the level load screen and boom. Crashed a few times in a level, usually right before an enemy attacks and there's a lot of stuff going on-screen (crashes before I see the attack, sometimes when I'm moving in range, or during boss fights, usually involving me using a Hitcher [crossbow-grenade thing] and blowing a lot of enemies up or a lot of spells [I spam the landmine things])

Also, a few questions:
    I combined 3 lv 1 shield skills and got v1.8. What happened here?
    What does skills vitality, vigor and armor talent do exactly? Do I use them as active skills to gain their benefit?

13. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #3033 SouL_DragooN, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
    1. Thanks the mines might be it not many use those.. and the hitcher... Great !

2. yes each combination gives a certain amount more not a full point... ;)

3. you have to place them in the action bars somewhere to be active.. Armor talent has a bug..

Another huge help would be to see if not using the same items IE hitcher and mine save ya? .. sleepy time now getting really late here..

14. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I'm around level 9 or so with my character and on quest 12 or 13. Loving the game. It's brilliant and addictive.

One question -- I think there was an earlier quest where if I did something, my reward was a skill that would convert mana to health.

I don't think I ever got the skill from the hologram lady via a glitch. Is there a way to get that skill now? Can someone send it to me via mailbox?

15. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #3035 gunxsword, Apr 16, 2011
    If you're looking for the skill with a red cross in the middle and cyan circle around it, it's the HEALTH CONVERT skill... Transfers health to mana :p Still want it? (I'm pretty sure I got that from an early quest, I remember almost tripped myself over a heal spell so early in the game, only to find it does the opposite)

16. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    #3036 medianotzu, Apr 16, 2011
    Ryan, I'm getting crashes in levels too (as well as after loading levels), but I have no real specific memory of what I was using each time...but it was not landmines or a hitcher. Actually, I am pretty sure I was using my crimson dawn the last time it happened. I'll try to pay better attention next time it occurs.

Add: I also noticed that there is a typo in the schematics requirements, i.e., it says it requires 18 of a material but I believe it actually requires 180.

17. riverstomp

riverstomp Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Shortly after the the Update to 2.01 I finally decided to shell out 8 Euros to experience myself what all this hubbub was about. I have a weak spot for passionate indie devs which made my decision easy :)

After playing 280 minutes here are my first impressions.

The start was a tad rough, because I had at first problems getting used to the graphics design: At the starting location a had trouble figuring what was up, down, left, right, getting orientation.

Slowly i figured out the controls, killed the first monster, looted my first items.
    Went to Port 0037, got my first quests.
    And I got slowly hooked in that nice mix of Action shooter and Rpg Elements.
    Yesterday I finally managed to kill the first boss when I discovered the (until then unused) Doomsday skill in my inventory :)
    I am now familiar with the graphics style, the rhythm of the gaming and am very pleased. Looking forward to invest more time this weekend!

What I would like to see improved on the game:
    Major problems:

I have never ever experienced so many crashes with a single App. The app crashes usually every 15-20 minutes. I can work around this by saving every few minutes but nevertheless this is a problem which should be fixed asap.
    Unfortunately I cant describe a crash-pattern; i had crashes after entering a level, after killing a boss, after meeting a quest guy in a level, after visiting the shop.
    I run the game on an iPod Touch 3G, 32 GB, iOS 4.3.1, German language.

- Item-Hotspot in inventory
    Item manipulation is a major point of this game. You have to inspect and drag around equipment, materials , skills a lot.
    But the current GUI-implementaion is problematic. Very often I select the wrong item and more often dragging items to its destination spot fails by either landing in another box or not moving at all.
    I think the problem here is that the hotspot of the items and the boxes is a very small region in the center of the square, but even after figuring this out I have often trouble getting things done (e.g. using the create UI correctly)
    This UI might work well when using a mouse pointer, but a touch device should be handled differently.
    I would like to have a bigger hotspot and I would like to have a kind of flashing/blinking of the currently selected target box giving the user a better feedback about what he is doing.
    Maybe it would even better to get rid of the dragging completely. Instead just simply use two touch actions. First touch activates an item; second touch on another box moves content from the first box. Double touch on a box opens the info window.

- Create with wrong materials destroys them
    On my first tries with creating items I managed to destroy them instead. As far as i remember I had a blueprint requiring crystals and I used gems instead. After pressing create all the materials were gone :-(
    Also: An automatic subtraction of the required materials in the create UI would be nice: Instead of splitting my stack of 98 small crystals into two stacks of 18 and 80 and then dragging the 18 into the create box i would simply like to drag the whole stack into it, press create, get the new item and a stack of 80 back.

Minor quaffles:
    - Compare button in shop would be nice

- Compare on shield should choose a shield if equipped and not the weapon in the other hand

- I would like to have a kind of automatic viewpoint adjustment function which slowly moves your point of view exactly parallel to the ground. This would help tremendously getting a better orientation at the starting location.

Other stuff:

- discussion forum
    There is a web-domain for this game running a forum for the users to discuss stuff.
    But (as I see it) it does not get used much by the customers; instead this thread at the toucharcade-forums is the major meeting and discussion point.
    I shortly thought of registering an account on the mission europa-forum, but after seeing that it is currently swamped with spam I decided against it. Five of the first six threads on "General Talk" are spam.
    If you provide a forum then you really should also have a forum mod dealing with that spam. The forum in its current state is far worse than no forum at all.

- wiki
    For every game of a certain complexity there is usually nowadays also a Wiki as central information point.
    Such a functionality would provide a big help to give answers to all the questions the users have. Much better than posting the list of skills and derived stats every two days on the touch arced forums :)

The good stuff:
    Is it fun ?
    That I keep playing despite the crashfest and the UI problems should speak for itself. A few days ago i bought also the Potato Sack on Steam, but since i got ME i havent touched any of these other games (too bad for GlaDOS).
    I like the game and looking forward to play more the coming days/weeks.
    This game is a raw gem which should be considered by everyone who likes action/rpg games.

How would I rate it ?
    I would give it 4/5 stars. 5 stars would not be adequate due to the current state of crashes and the UI problems.

18. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Seconded :D How bout someone create a wiki at Wikia?

You drop the item at where your finger is. The item icon only shows you what item/skill you are currently dragging.

This will give FPS gamer headaches. Strafing and trying to shoot something at a different height will be difficult (since you're moving and the camera is trying to adjust your view) so I disagree with your suggestion. This is a FPS RPG after all, free view will be a must.

19. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Yeah, of course. Is there a way to restart the quest or something?

20. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Go to the teleporter and Select 'Enter Code'. Follow instructions (skip to skip... reset to restart).

BTW I'm having serious trouble with mobs in lv 9. Can someone send me a <lv 12 Hitcher (>81.8 damage) or Grenade launcher (>134.5 damage) that they find/don't need?