Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. arglactable

arglactable Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    I bought the collector's edition and I've mostly been really enjoying it so far, but, for Christ's sake, I've been stuck on level 8 for an ungodly amount of time from STANDARD enemies that can kill me in 1-3 hits even though I'm significantly higher level than they are, plus the moronic amount of slowing effects that many enemies get with every shot. Not to mention that bosses tend to insta-kill you as well. The worst part is that I beat the end boss of the level once, but my battery gave out and I lost the progress. The crashing is annoying as well. I'm definitely going to have to take a break from this for a bit before I throw my iPod through a door.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    You think Level 8 is hard? You don't even wanna get near Level 9.

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I second all your complaints plus extras:
    Need for better aiming system (gyro/accelero)
    Crash bugs + 1xn (where n= amount of times crashed)
    Nerf the bosses (include mini bosses)

Also, noticed a few bus of my own:
    Shotgun sometimes won't hit certain enemies, regardless of distance.

4. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    The game is not that hard BUT from lvl7-8 you have to start buying equipment in the shop.

Here you have my TIPS to make this game a better experience:

HINTS FOR NEWBIES

If you are having a hard time with a boss or a quest:

- Your equipment is too low level. In Mission Europa, looting from monsters is not enough to have a good armor from the very the beginning. You should go to the vendor machine and buy some equipment and replace it with yours from time to time. You should compare a equipment with yours before buying it. You must check the level of every piece, the higher the better, but the most important thing is the armor value. The more armor value the less damage you receive from monsters. Wearing a cool shield helps too even if you dont block at all, because it gives you armor value.
    - Your gun, sword or shotgun just need to be replaced. Go to shop and buy another weapon according your level.
    - Every boss should be defeated differently. Some of them are very resistant to melee fights and some of them are tough at range or magic skills.
    - Level up your skills and use them, because maybe you are just not using them at all. Put all your passive skills too.
    - You need to bring with you health potions all the time!

The game is not that hard at all, you are doing it wrong.

Sorry my bad english skills.

5. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    This guy knows his stuff, regardless of his english.

This is not your everyday fps.

Thankfully.

6. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Glad I beat this before everything got nerfed. I can't believe all the whining about how hard it is. If the game is too difficult you may want to find something else a little more casual to play. Or maybe put in some thought before rushing into certain things. God forbid you have to think out a plan and put some thought into a game.

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    How do people think this is hard!!! lol I can walk through levels with enemies doing like 7.9 damage to me on level 15

8. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Bug I quickly addressed in Update 1 I may need to revisit.. I was more concerned with the crashing and difficulty complaints early on..(and arena of course)

9. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Are you pressing it twice? Because it is not active if it is not taking life...

Those are random bosses ment to be hard as hell steer clear ;)

10. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Question for you Ryan - you didn't swing the nerf bat too hard, did you? One of the things that I super love about this game is how hard it is. I like running into things that frustrate me and require a different approach. It's one of the things that gives this game lasting appeal, the challenge. The biggest fixes ME needs are the crashing and weapon/armor stats. Enemy difficulty should be part of the experience in my opinion...

11. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    Great hints from Drakeer Melkhor and other vets! Getting one-shotted means you need to spend time at the store trying on better armour :D. Better gear and some good skills will get you into melee range with the boss. I'm a big fan of the shield blocking skill to buy time to use skills or potions.

I think Mission Europa is supposed to be challenging, but once you figure out the recipe to successfully take on end bosses and even random bosses :eek: it is very satisfying!

12. arglactable

Jun 3, 2010
    All of those tips would be great advice if I had never played an old school rpg before. Unfortunately, I have. But here's the thing, I'm all for difficulty (in fact, I think most people are complete pussies about difficulty these days, ESPECIALLY in the app store), but to me there is a difference between having a difficult boss/enemy/level and being one-shotted with absolutely no indication of what the **** just happened (and this has happened to me with standard enemies as well). Bosses that can dish out some serious pain, continuous damage attacks, and whatnot I am completely fine with, but I really don't appreciated instantaneously taking over 350 damage out of the blue. I am currently 3 levels above the highest enemy level I'm dealing with with appropriate equipment and my skills and whatnot upgraded as much as currently possible. I can do a lot of damage to the bosses and would be able to handle it relatively quickly if, as I've said, I didn't instantaneously die without warning.

13. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #2893 tblrsa, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    You might try to use a range weapon like The Hitcher to take out those enemies fast before they are able to hit you. I´ve been using this strategy against that damn flying bots and other enemies. Also a high Agility Skill might help. Activate your Magic Shield and be sure to have all those passive skills upgraded and in your action bar.

14. arglactable

Jun 3, 2010
    Screw this. I started a new game, partially because of another really questionable design choice. Namely, hugely increasing the price of health potions at higher levels. Does leveling up really have ANY tangible benefit? Aside from higher level items, which don't seem to be that helpful for the most part anyway, I actually seemed to be getting WEAKER as I level up.

15. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Just wait until quest 124...I think I died 8 times before figuring out the right combination:)
    If you are having problems with a quest/boss don't forget you can just exit the level and restart it..since the levels are randomly made, each time you restart one it replaces the boss/your objective in a different location/map...this makes for different environments (longer rooms to use nebula/doomsday/etc) to get the job done.
    The bad guys that are one hitting you can be beat....I promise..:)
    Otherwise, Drakeer's post covers a bunch of smart moves....especially having all passive skills in place...they are like your invisible army...always working for you..and use a shield*

16. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Later in game u get no health potions from store or mobs. But to tell u the truth I don't need them with me heal skill and my heal over time skill as well as my armor/weapons having vampire stats to give me health on ever point of damage I do. So even if there were health pots at my level, 51, I wouldn't need or buy them.

17. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I hate that death ray, I can deal with bosses other one shot skill but deathray is impossible to dodge. Almost beat game myself. So close to killing last boss but he always gets me.

18. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks for clearing that up, unfortunately I can never go around them...
    I've found that actually moving right in their face instead of a run-n-gun
    method seems to work strangely well... go figure.

The Mana Shield thing, no, only pressing it once, blue letters
    Mana Shield Active. I watch closely for the red letters Mana Shied Down...
    Just seeming like this doesn't work as intended, but I dunno it seems to
    be working fine for others, so I'll continue to use it religiously.

19. Dragu Rawr

Dragu Rawr Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Will there be a sale? i don't want to spend 10$ on it

20. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Collectors edition will never have a sale. as for the standard possibly in a couple months. All in all its the only game thats had me coming back day after day:D