Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. It's nothing like the original Wasteland title. Not even the story. A few bits and pieces that pay homage to Wasteland, but for the most part it stands alone.
    They basically took the Oblivion game engine and threw it into a post-apocalyptic future with a 50s type of styling.
    Fallout 3 is actually pretty good. I liked it. Of course, I still have a few Oblivion mods left to finish...

2. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Question question about fat loot - does auto-loot prioritize drops on a corpse? Example...say 3 things are on a body: ammo, legendary item, basic armor. If I have auto-loot on, I'm finding that sometimes, I pass over corpses that I've walked over before and picking up stray loot that I must have "missed" when I first dropped the enemy. Is auto-loot looking for the best drop and grabbing that first so that I don't end up missing stuff?

Also, speaking of fat loot - is it based on enemy/current level, or something entirely different? I've found a few legendary items, but I can't remember if they were from bosses or just random passing monsters. :p

3. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Anything can drop anything based on level. Bosses and Random bosses have a much greater chance of good drops..

I have a poll on my blog asking what direction I should take while updating M.E. as far as the next game ;) I would rather let the players decide. ;)

4. I say make the new game, sounds interesting. Never played any of the Dungeon Keeper games, I was too busy with work when they were released.

As for ME 2.0....why not move it over to the Unreal engine?
    From what I've heard tell of the licensing for it, it's pretty much free until a certain sales cap, then a percentage of a game's returns after that. You could at least experiment with it, see if it might be useful as ME 2.0 or an entirely different game.

Or hell, get the soul engine tweaked out to a 2.0 version - and well documented - then turn around and license out the engine itself for other developers to use. Using one of the various licenses out there you could open it up for free for non-commercial uses and make a little scratch off residuals from the commercial uses.

5. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I like my engine.. I know where everything is. I do not want to have to work with that Unreal engine again ;). I had to work with it a year on the XBox and it was not a cake walk shoe horning it into something it is not =)..PLUS I can do a lot of different things that it is not designed to do. The OpenGL update will let me get back to my Graphics Programmer roots woohoo ...

Even so Mission Europa has a long road of updates and additions ahead =).. I think a smaller side project is a good idea.. then another big release later =) like M.E. 2... ;)

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If it does happen, please consider an open world model for the gaming world. M.E.'s mechanics and playstyle are SO well suited for world roaming and exploration.

7. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Is a storage chest of some kind in the update list? That would be really really useful for storing armor sets and the like

8. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Ayjona: Yes that is the plan =).. Dungeon model out... =)..

Osmiral: You have 27 + 36 + 36 +36 spots =).. not currently in the list..
    You can place anything in any slot =).. Might have to add a u-haul trailer for you =)..

9. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    lol yeah I like to keep a lot of stuff... I should probably start getting rid of that level 1 gear... jk lol :D

10. OriginalAce

OriginalAce Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Does anybody know how to aim the Ream Neus summon? It seems to throw that big ball in a random direction, often just at a wall.

11. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    What ever way you were last walking it fires.. thus you can actually fire at things chasing you ;)

12. OriginalAce

OriginalAce Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Oh okay thanks! I feel kinda dumb now lol.

13. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Just go into the terminal into codes menu and type skip. It will skip past the quest. U might miss two lines of story on that quest but not much else bi beat it but I used bugs to summon 10+ doomsday turrets.

14. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I have a suggestion for a bonus from wearing a complete set of armor....

Have it sync up to match the wearer's level. But only when you're wearing the complete set, incomplete or unequipped it all reverts to original levels. You could even make a passive skill that enables the armor level sync.

Collecting full sets is fun, but it stinks when a few of your pieces are significantly behind your current level. This would solve that in a very cool way.

15. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Is update 1 going to fix the random crash bug? I was doing some delving earlier and the game crashed and didn't save. See ya later 3 rare skill drops. :(

16. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    This really bothers me too. There's been a lot of questions about it in this thread, all of them ignored or you're told to look at a stupid table in the FAQs section in the game site that doesn't really clarify it.

Don't remember any semi-hardcore RPG like this where you can't really plan how to build your character because you don't know how the heck its stats are supposed to work.

I still don't have a clue about what stats such as Power / Energy / Intelligence are supposed to do, just spent nearly all my stat points in Agility / Strength and hope the character evolves fine.

Some skills are a bit confusing right now too, others seem not to work or upgrade at all.

17. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    +1. That's a great idea.

Another idea I had is to have mutated pieces of the set fall randomly once you wear the full set. The mutated pieces feature disturbing growths that add a grotesque element to your appearance but also have special abilities to further customise your character !

Maybe .. Rusty puss filled rotten flesh pauldron of the infected. As you take damage it gradually fills with puss and defensively explodes at 33% health causing splash damage ?

Ok. Better stop smoking this now !

18. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Well beyond the faq stat list:

Does this help or how else can I explain it? If you place a +1 piece on and remove it you see the difference in stats. In WOW I used that method.

BuildStatAction( pUnit,
    statBoostA,
    statBoostB,
    multA,
    multB,
    lowestLevel,
    highestLevel)
    {
    float statPercentageA = statBoostA * 0.003f;
    float statPercentageB = statBoostB * 0.003f;
    float statAddA = lowestLevel + highestLevel * (statPercentageA);
    float statAddB = lowestLevel + highestLevel * (statPercentageB);
    float totalPoints = statAddA * multA + statAddB * multB;
    return totalPoints;
    }

GetHealth x
    {
    returnVal =BuildStatAction(x
    ,x->stats.modified.strength
    ,x->stats.modified.agility
    ,0.75f
    ,0.25f
    ,GetHitsToKillAtLevel(1) * GetDamagePerHitAtLevel(1) ,GetHitsToKillAtLevel(40) * GetDamagePerHitAtLevel(40));
    return returnVal;
    }

CombatStats
    {
    for(int i=0;i<LEVEL_LIMIT;++i)
    {
    float ratio = (float)i * 0.02f;
    damagePerLevel = (5.0f * (1.0f - ratio) + ratio * 80.0f) * GetHitsToKillAtLevel(i);
    }
    }

Stats breakdown:

ArmorMult
    strength 25%
    agility 75%

Energy
    faith 75%
    int 25%

BaseWeaponDamage
    strength 100%

BaseRangedDamage
    agility 75%
    int 25%

BaseSkillDamage
    int 75%
    faith 25%

Attack Speed
    strength 75%
    faith 25%

Cast Speed Mutl
    agil 75%
    faith 25%

Health Regen
    strength 75%
    agility 25%

Energy Regen
    int 75%
    faith 25%

Crit Chance ( Lots of mods not mentioned )
    agil 75%
    int 25%

Speed
    Agility 75%
    Faith 25%

Drain
    VampEnery 75%
    int 25%

Vamp
    vamp 75%
    faith 25%

Does that help?

And did I ignore someone?

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Yes it solves a lot there still are more fixes to come with gameplay updates in Update 2 after we get some Arena phase 2 results ;)

20. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I like the armor ideas a lot =)

Thanks guys! ;)