Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I agree that the crashes and bugs are disappointing, but as the dev is only Ryan I can cut him some slack. He is a nice guy and really responsive. A game of this scope is bound to have numerous bugs on release as there are so many things to test and try. I chose to wait before playing knowing that he was working on the patch. In general good things come to those who wait. :)

I don't know if I would say there is a lot of fanboy-ism going on, people seem to really enjoy the game even with the bugs. Crashes don't seem to be universal either or at least the frequency of them.

2. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    OH NO SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THEREFORE HE MUST BE A TROLL!

People like you are why I have avoided making an account on these forums. What is lacking? Maybe a solid interface, flawless movement across playing fields, PvP (how can you say PvP is a perk when it doesn't work.. at ALL? Especially since the update hasn't hit yet...), fairness (half the time you shoot right through enemies), stat explanation, logical stat progression, and I'm sure even after the update there will still loads of bugs out there.

Maybe if you weren't a moron with tunnel vision who is too foolish to see past the HURR DURR ONE FIFVTY QUESTZZZ you could see what the game lacks. Quantity =/= Quality.

So, go away, troll. Or at LEAST try to present your argument in a manner that a 10 year old child wouldn't.

3. audioteknika

audioteknika Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I won't the give up on this game : the scale of it is just to big to pass on. I can deal with the bugs, but the constant crashes on my iPad 2 (which I rebooted and even restored) makes me want to stop for now.

4. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I don't see how people can use "one guy made this" as a selling point to overlook bugs and crashes- it's like those "game made by a 13 year old" gimmick threads to try to boost the sales of a game; whether it is one man or a group, I am spending my hard earned money on these games and expect equal quality across the board.

5. audioteknika

audioteknika Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    No wonder the kid is a fanboy, he's in second place on the rankings !
    Time for a break maybe ?

6. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Yikes, I feel kind of bad now... he must be a young kid. Oh well though.

7. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Fine, thanks. Looking forward to it, just beaten the Level 8 Boss. CanĀ“t wait to get dual wield. Hopefully Apple will release the update soon.

8. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    #2668 SouL_DragooN, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Edit no need to respond..I will let the work stand on its own ;) Y'all have a great day I will be on the blog waiting for Update 1

9. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    What makes people who think this game is average angry...? As a developer you should welcome constructive criticism, but instead try to poke fun at those who think your game is far from amazing, and as I stated before "one man" should NOT be a selling point for a game- and if you think it is, maybe you should consider why your game isn't getting the sales you though. In a competitive market such as the App Store people want to pay as little as they can for the most content, deal with it.

As for you working hard, it is appreciated, but that doesn't stop the game from having its own share of issues still.

Anyways.. like I said before. ME gets a 3/5 from me. Haters gon hate.

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Yes there are:
    Regen,
    Health steal
    Vampiric amrors for all spots
    Vampiric weapons.
    Heal

There are the drain versions also for energy.. one tip is if you have mana shield use it.. makes a big difference =)

11. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I test on a 1st gen iPhone, 3Gs, 3G, and iPhone 4 (just got one). The main target was FPS not eye candy to support as many devices as possible with the most on screen possible. Really fights of 30+ are pretty awesome later in the game.. Higher end devices could see 90+ possibly ..

Wish I did not melt my iPod trying to change the batteries =)

[​IMG]
    Burned my table to.. Big stream of fire!..

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas

The game is supposed to ramp up in difficulty at each end tier 9,19,29,39,49...
    Some will find it easier thought with the right builds post 15 or so.

13. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Holy crap, never change batteries on your own. ;)

14. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I am not sure if I said this already but the menus allow you to store anything anywhere.. IE you can store armor in your materials window. Or skills there. Or vice versa. Really you have over 100 slots I think in all. You can even store things in your action bars. Quite a lot of space.. I do not think I covered that in the tutorial..

;)

15. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Crashes....

My only real problem with the game is the crashing. I've had it for less than a day and played for about an hour total and it's probably crashed 5 times.

And yes, I restarted after downloading. Playing on iPad 4.2.1.

I don't usually spend $10 on an IOS game, but the promise of a deep, constantly progressing FPS / Action RPG pulled me in. $10 for 50 hrs of gameplay (or more) is a great deal. Especially if you're used to paying console prices.

Anyway, hope the new update squashes some bugs and helps with the crashes!

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I think there is some serious fan-boy-ism going on here.

The reason for it is that this is definitely a game that grows on you - and I can't think of many iOS games that deliver as much bang for the buck as Mission Europa does. (The Quest comes to mind...)

That being said, it's not a game for everyone. Lots of iOS games are dumbed down / made more accessible IMHO, which is for most people a good thing, but outside of a few genres (like dual-stick shooters) there are very few truly hardcore games for iOS. Certainly all the first-person-shooters I've played on the device have been overall on the easy side. None are as customizable as this, nor as social, nor have lasted on my device as long.

Don't get me wrong - my 2nd most played game on iOS right now is Dungeon Raid. ;)

And the reason why "one man developer" is important here is that Ryan is here listening to our feedback. I remember the improvements to his previous game and look forward to the forthcoming updates to this one.

17. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #2677 SouL_DragooN, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    It will and Update 2 will get more. A huge game and I only had 4 testers to play. A real issue. I still cannot really afford an iPad yet maybe soon. That would really help.

This has been a real learning experience even more so then Necro =)

Forgot to add that 3.1.3 devices are good to go in Update 1.. They had a strange thing apple changed a one liner I did not know about ;).. (just the method to hide the animated timer bar) ...

18. ava0425

ava0425 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Washington, U.S.
    Uhhh... He wasnt using it as a selling point.. You were bashing the game because everything isnt perfect. And he was merely stating that he was a one man team the whole time WITH a job and that there is issues (which he is working on). You try making a huge game like this and you would see how hard it is. :p AND, so what if he wants to brag a little that this amazing game was made by one man taking 1.5 years.

19. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I don't have the kills or the time to make a game, and never did I say it wasn't a great achievement for the developer to create it...... all I have been trying to say is that it feels like a incomplete game with all the bugs and lack of polish.

And clearly after reading through a majority of the pages anyone who doesn't think the game is OMG AWESOME is hopped on by all the fan boys and dismissed as a troll when the fact remains this is not a finished product of a game.

Finally, the "one man developer" thing has been used and abused as a selling point AND an excuse for the game. Either suck it up and work, and stop pointing out that "HURR DURR 1 MAN111!!" or accept the lack of sales you will receive.

20. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Ryan has a day job and does this in his spare time in the evenings/weekends. If there was a flaw with the release of the game is that he probably should have had more testers than just four, but it is what it is.