Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    @DahakaJR
    could u please share what is the trick to deal with the boss at 49th level?

2. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    I haven't a trick. I am getting owned. As stated. Lvl 50, all 45 gear(you can search on main ME website) 805 hp and over 14k armor dual wielding.

I last a bit fighting off minions, then out of nowhere for whatever reason, BLAMO! YOU DIED! ;)

So, till the store eq bug gets fixed I'll try the summon towers and farm level 48 for gear/weapons.

3. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    What would people think about a compromise between retaining the hard difficulty by offering different difficulty levels? The current way things are could be "hard" and there could be a "normal" mode for a slightly more casual experience?

4. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    #2324 Robotwars, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    I was able to get the 49 boss pretty easily. I just had mana shield level 4 up. Dropped a doomsday, spam adrenal rush everytime it comes up. Threw out an Axiom of Carnage I think... Focused on the boss unless there was trash on me. Ran around in a circle. I also use seal of regen and health pots. Think I had the plasma pistol with 1.3k dmg. Armor is around 14k and 700 hp.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    lol, i did something wrong, i am level 51 and only 360 health.

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    ...lol i think u did... im lvl 28 and i have 352 health...

7. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Sweet, it will be a long while before i could ever use it so no rush hahahaha.

8. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #2328 eev, Mar 29, 2011
    ffs, i thought strength influences only melee damage, so i have not spend any points in strength. because there was no such info when i started the game. gonna wait for update and look for items with strength bonus.

9. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    lol i think inteligence raises hp or agility... idk

10. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    check the faq, the main parameter for health is strength.
    btw, anyone knows how seal of reflection really works?

11. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    ohh ok w/e idk lol im not as far as u so i shouldnt be talking :p

12. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    lol, sure. playing almost whole game without health potions and without upgrading health points, pretty nice. ;)

13. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    Difficulty

I think Mission Europa is a game that rewards patient, strategic progress and violently punishes slash and dash style of play. It reminds me so much of Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord!

14. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #2334 eev, Mar 29, 2011
    thanks for the tip with Mana Shield, the boss battle is really easy with that spell.

15. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    ^Agreed^

Grinding can be be fun, and the in game achievements for kills, headshots, resource collection et cetera add extra incentive to grind. I'd be very psyched if Ryan added Gamecenter support for leader boards and achievements.

I know Gamecenter leaves a bit to be desired but honestly a centralized mechanism for tracking achievements and leader boards makes them much more appealing to play for. I'm not ashamed to admit I am a trophy/achievement whore. And I know I'm not alone.

IMO, Mission Europa is awesome even without GC, but believe it or not (and you only need to read a few message boards to believe it) - there are plenty of people who won't even buy a iOS game if it doesn't support GC.

16. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    what lvl area do u start seeing eviscerator equips/weapons? also what lvl area do enemies drop chain spiker rifles?

17. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I appreciate the response Ryan.

It just seems like strange placement considering that is right when your standard edition customers are deciding if they want to purchase more levels. I love this game, gets to level 9..... hits a brick wall... deletes game doesn't seem like a good plan to entice those SE users to pony up more cash.

Especially considering there is no ramp up, no lead in to the brutatlity that is level 9. I've beaten Demon Souls on my PS3 so I'm not shy when it comes to brutally difficult games, but that game led you through skills sets that allowed you to cope when the difficulty curve hits. In ME it goes from fairly "easy going" to literal brick wall in one level.

I know balancing is an art form, just listening to some of the Valve commentaries on the matter blow my mind. Good luck to you, I'm still plowing through the game now on the level 13 boss.

18. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Wow you beat demon souls!.. I freaking gave up!.. I think the having to start over with a full loss killed it for me.. no worries lvl 9 huge nerf in update one that is nearing completion! ;)

19. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Well, don't wanna boast but I have a double Platinum (US and Asian versions; PSN ID= Misantropus, add requests from TA friends will be accepted) in Demon's Souls and, honestly, I don't think level 9 doesn't even get close to that game in difficulty.

Ryan, you should clarify once and for all what the stats are supposed to do in ME. I know, there's the FAQ in your site, but it doesn't make sense, no mention to Power / Energy and things that simply doesn't exist such as Faith / Vampenery. At least update the FAQ to a comprehensible form.

You should really consider COHagan23 suggestion in a previous post, Game Center support is becoming standard in iOS games (as trophies in PS3 a while ago) and I've no doubt that just by linking those in-game achievements to GC accounts would probably boost your sales.

20. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    #2340 SouL_DragooN, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
    Gamecenter could be an easy future update =).

Just beat the last boss myself again very doable... ;) what a fight =) Very proud of the result.. off to test arena with Doom ;)

I have a ton of stability upgrades in Update One.. if the testing works out with doom I may submit this bad boy thursday or friday ... Or may wait the weekend since Apple does not work weekends and I do -=)