Mission Europa 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MrSpud, Oct 15, 2014.

1. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Please let meknow what you think I am always looking for ideas especially woking on the sequel

2. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I actually played ME1 when it first came out ( I wanted to play it on my new phone, but iOS 8 wouldn't let me until now), but I absolutely LOVED the inventory system: you could put skills into the materials inventory, etc. I was wondering if you could add some type of co-op mode for ME2? If you can, that would be awesome! Keep up the good work and good luck!

3. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    THANKS so much! =)... I would LOVE to add that post release or prior to release depending on the difficulty. I have not researched the multi-player side of unity yet.. If it is as awesome as every other aspect I have encountered then heck yea!

It is in for review with Necro and it worked great on my iPad retina and my iPhone 6+

=)

Working every day on it!
    4rth Dev Week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Mission Europa Collectors Ed. Available

For those like me hadn't played ME1 or for those who have and want to update for iOS 8, it is in the App Store. An hour in and loving is thus far, especially for the fact it was made in 2011. For those interested I would say definitely check it out, the amount of detail Ryan has put in is simply amazing. What these one man (or woman) dev teams can create is truly awesome.

5. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up man, otherwise I would've waited another week or two without realizing it was already on the App Store :p

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Can we give our character gloves?

7. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Yeah, but they are separate, so you have to get one for your left hand and one for your right hand. It works that way with all equipment pieces except for helmets and body armor

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'll be curious to see if Touch Arcade revisits it's policy of mysterious silence on totally awesome first person shooter role playing hybrid games. Some thing has got to wake them up, it was a tad embarrassing for a 2011 game of the year contender to not get much reference at all on the front page despite the forums lighting up with positive buzz.

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Well that's how it was in the 1st. I don't think it was possible to not have gloves in the first, was it?

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Oh yeah, you couldn't take off equipment in the first game if that's what you meant

11. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    It was pretty weird.. One site gives it a GOTY award but this site basically blacklisted him despite the large community that just worship this cult gem. The staff didn't really like the first M.E. but the users here loved it, I guess that's the way they roll :(

12. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I just played some ME1, and damn the doomsday skill is awesome

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

He wasn't blacklisted at all. We didn't like the game. We don't really crowdsource our review scores and game awards based on the opinions of other people and/or web sites. I had all my writers try it, none of them enjoyed it. We don't typically post negative reviews as I think people come to TouchArcade to find things they should download over games they should avoid, so we skipped it. There's no conspiracy here. Hopefully the second one is a better game.

14. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    #74 MrSpud, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    Fair enough, maybe ignored would have been a better word. I also thought it has it's flaws but like a lot of RPGs, it does get a lot better as you go on. I still think that any publicity is good publicity, Ryan doesn't have a PR guy, just people like me trying to get the word out.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Whether or not you have a PR person is largely irrelevant to us, we get an incredibly small percentage of our story leads from press releases.

16. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Eli, I know it's not your responsibility or if there's even interest in your site viewers for it, but it would be cool if you guys had an indie corner or post, much like rpg reload. Not to promote, but show off some amazing talent by small, low funded dev teams, possibly even how it's run on rpg reload, writer choice, then poster choice. But this is the wrong thread for this discussion.

I believe Ryan is at least open to ideas, especially if you go to his blog, he's very open on his development, sharing his progress as he goes. His excitement makes me excited for the game. Does that mean it will be a great game? Who knows, will know for sure when it's published. ME1 definitely has some issues, but overall it was enjoyable, even with some of the bugs. As I was taught at an early age, different strokes for different folks.

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Most of the games we cover ARE indie games. I'm not sure how much an indie corner makes sense.

18. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    M.E. 1 was for sure not for everyone =).. I always understood that. I also appreciated the balance of positive talk here. Now that I am not hand writing an engine that had to run on a iPhone 3g ( god that was a dog of a platform ) I can make mostly game code and assets not physics engines, exporters imports, enemy AI, and the numerous other systems a game engine requires.

Working hard. I will post here as it goes along I had a long period of base code to create which is nothing fun to look at here are some more recent shots!

Finishing the UI now and I will be finally moving to enemies soon. The hardest to create systems are all complete. That would be the parts combiner to attach pieces to the characters from the item database and create a single mesh with a single atlased texture. Next will be AI and all the systems to create random but interactive environment effects. But I should save the techie nerd stuff for the blog =)

Have a wonderful day all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like this shader... it automatically puts snow on top the model. You can rotate it and it will have snow on top and ice on verticals and bottoms. Unity so far is sooooooo easy to work with.

[​IMG]

Back to work!

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Playing around with the equipment and character builder can make some strange things ;)

[​IMG]

20. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Hey Ryan, do you know what the level cap ME2 will have? I think the level cap for ME1 was around level 50 or so.