Mission Europa 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MrSpud, Oct 15, 2014.

1. clarusvictoria

clarusvictoria Well-Known Member

Looks very cool! Will follow your twitter :)

2. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks! I need to update that more!..I will update with progress reports.

3. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    You should also update your iPhone 3gs running on iOS 3.0!! ;) I had to update my profile too, no big deal just kinda funny!

4. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I am rolling old school baby!

5. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Got weapons in the game now to make them shoot lol...

They are made from pieces that include a stock,the main piece, and a barrel. The arm is made from a hand and arm piece which will be armor. Going strong!

As usual more techie stuff on the blog =)

[​IMG]

6. Looks awesome!

Went to load ME today on my ipad4.... Shows the title for a second then green screen. I can touch menu items, but it doesn't change... Help!

7. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    The new ios seems to have busted it. I hope to get a new build some time this week or next depending on how hard it is to fix =).. I think I will work tonight on it a little... argh.. =) That is why I am going unity keeping up with apples changes takes so much time...

8. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    This is good news indeed!

9. Thanks for trying, I was not very far in but wanted to carve some of it out tonight... but with tech and software advances sometimes its just too much to keep it all working

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Unity is the answer to that! .. turned out to be an easy fix AFTER I found it. Some changes in UIViewControllers and UIViews / Frame Buffer items were all I needed. Stayed up WAY to late but I found it! Both Necro and ME are fixed and I plan on submitting tonight for approval! Back to ME2! AND UNITY!

11. AWESOME. Thanks from... everyone :)

12. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Man, I'm really excited to hear about this. I put so many hours into the original. There really was nothing like it back then on ios, and I'm not sure there is even now. Mission Europa was compelling and sinister, all the more impressive being developed by just one man!

So it's great to have you back, SD, and I look forward to buying ME2!

13. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Necromancer rising uploading for review and Mission Europa 1 right after that..
    Now back to Mission Europa 2 and Unity love... =)

14. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks man... that is the rocket fuel for the late nights... truly the fuel for the fire... expect a LOT of mission europa 2..Unity has amazing tools I can really utilize!

15. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #55 SouL_DragooN, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Just played an hour of mission europa 1 ... wow i have a lot to live up too.. WOW I had a great time.. amazing...

It is in to apple for review I hope more give it a go!

I wish more people would give it a go... it really is different... indie devs for the win

16. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds

Wait, wwwhhhhaaaattttttttttt, I can get my hands on me1 now? My god, how will I have all this time for loot? I'm glad you pushed me1 out, I saw it on a listing and now I can actually play it! Keep it up brother! Loving necro so far!

17. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #57 Nekku, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Ye, ME1 was a great game but unfortunately a crashfest on every device I've played it on. I couldnt spend an hour without it crashing at least once. I know you've tried hard to fix it up but I guess it is really hard to fix such a massive game as a one man company so I'm not angry at all. Had still very much fun with it and that alone kinda maked up for its flaws.
    However, I hope Unity makes this all less of a pain. I'm almost sure it does. Keep up the good work. I think you're doing great!

18. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy hooray!!

Finally I can experience ME1 fully :D

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Yes maintaining your own 3D engine alone with AI,Physics,Rendering,Importers,Exporters,etc is a job for several people. Back when I started there was nothing that could accomodate so many enemies on the screen so I had to write EVERYTHING =/... Now unity is there to handle most of that for me I can concentrate totally on the GAME and fun =)...

Very excited. I played an hour last night no crash.. Not promising I was not lucky there are a LOT of complicated systems in there and the only thing I did not write the audio manager was a huge source of problems in the past ;/

I will be back on ME2 tonight as I have both in for review .. It is amazing how long it takes to figure out the new ways to submit apps every time I do they have changed everything =)...

20. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Awesome! Thanks Ryan, now I can get back to playing ME1!