Universal Missile Cards (By Nathan Meunier)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 28, 2017.

1. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    And Nathan did get Game of the Week!!
    CONGRATULATIONS! So well deserved.

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Hear hear!

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Congratulations and I saw your YouTube video discussing the launch on mobile! What I enjoyed was getting to hear you discuss the indie developer perspective and that makes me want to buy the game even more just to support you and other indie developers. It doesn't hurt that the game looks like fun and you being active here is again a total plus!

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Congratulations Nathan! Well deserved!

5. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I don't normally buy games which don't have cloud sync support as I am constantly getting new iPhones due to the Apple Upgrade Plan and I am always deleting and reinstalling apps due to storage spaces. But this game is getting a lot of love and looks great, just wondering if I delete the game, how much do I actually lose? For example if I deleted Clash Royale and it didn't have cloud support I would lose tons of work.

6. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    It being such a good game, and weighing in at a measly 45 megs, you probably won't delete it due to space concerns. I don't have an answer for when you purchase a new phone, but just how often Are you doing that? ;) That said, iCloud saves would certainly be appreciated.

7. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Sod it, I will buy it ;)

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    So I'm not clear why I would want to discard a card instead of just hitting skip.

9. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    If you are using one of the upgrades, you charge it by discarding cards. For instance, I have the laser and I have to discard 3 cards to charge it each time I use it.

10. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    To piggyback on this, you also don't lose any energy for going to the next round if you end your turn by discarding.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The game DOES have cloud support. It's in options.

Billy

12. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Weird, the Dev said it didn't earlier in this Thread.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hah, the dev is right...there isn't cloud saving in the game. Billy must be playing something else. :p

14. NathanMeunier

NathanMeunier Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Freelance Writer / Indie Dev
    Whew. Thanks again for all the support everyone! Things got a bit crazy yesterday between review coverage, the game of the week slot, and then the App Store feature. My head is still spinning.

I won't know for a few days how it affects sales, but I'm optimistic it'll be a huge help. Fingers crossed!

Taking some time this weekend to try to rest up, decompress from a crazy week, and hopefully do some tinkering to make more progress on my next card game that's coming along nicely. Once the dust settles from the MC launch, I'll see where everything is at and figure out a plan for what, if any, additional content I can put together. I can't promise anything just yet until I know where things are at, as I'm in a tricky spot right now finance-wise, after this launch is over.

But I'd like to at the very least add some kind of infinite/endless/score attack mode, or something of that ilk. But we'll see how things go! Cheers and thanks again!

-Nathan

15. NathanMeunier

Apr 27, 2017
    Want to avoid badmouthing anyone, because that's crummy, but he made DukeNukem 3D (which I loved as a kid).

I always try to help other devs, be kind to people as much as possible, and do what I can to support other creative folks. So that whole thing just felt pretty gross. But upwards and onwards! Missile Cards went from being a Steam "throwaway" to being on the right path to possibly becoming an iOS hit, so that feels pretty good at least.

Anxious to see how it does by this time next week. I do plan to support MC long-term, and do some updates if I can, but I'm also working on other card games for iOS I'm keen to get in a playtestable state.

16. NathanMeunier

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks a bunch Cih, and I totally feel you on that. Carving out your path in any creative career is super tough, and while sticking with it can be really grueling at times, hard work, hustle, and focus can really pay off eventually. Anything is possible. Even if you struggle or hit a major setback (hell I've had TONS of them over the last 15 years), it's possible to turn the ship around or start fresh in a related discipline.

I've only been making games for three years now, with a handful of commercial projects released. Missile Cards is the closest thing I've come, so far, to a success on that front. Muscling through the rough spots has been really hard at times, but moments like this make it all worthwhile.

Hang in there are and keep on keeping on! With focus and drive, you can get where your need to be, even if it takes a little longer than expected (Pro tip: it ALWAYS takes longer than we hope/expect).

Cheers and thanks a bunch for the kind words!
    -Nathan

17. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Dev's forum signature still says "coming SOON to iOS!", so you've all been ripped off because that's not the actual game. HAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, shoot! It looks like I've been ripped off, too!

Oh, well, I'll give it a try once it's finished downloading.

18. NathanMeunier

Apr 27, 2017
    HAh! I was trying to figure out how to update my sig with the "out now on iOS" text and link and it didn't seem to want to let me? Anyone know if there's something fancy I need to do to make it editable? Cheers!

19. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Congrats on the feature! Well deserved.

20. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#120 sebgo, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala I like this game! lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

That's just my guess, as I'm not much into forums stuff.

OMFG THIS GAME IS REALLY FUN!!! I stopped typing my post as I played the first mission and wow... really loved it!