Universal Miracle Merchant (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 2, 2017.

1. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Awesome game. Great visuals, music and the idea of the game. The only think that lacks is the sensation of some progression. I really miss that. Hope that some future update will make something to change that.

2. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Could rotation be added so we can plan on a horizontal iPad, like when connected to the keyboard cover?
    Thank you

3. TheCrazedMadman

Feb 11, 2010
    #123 TheCrazedMadman, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    This is the first Tinytouchtales game I've played and I'm an instant fan! The tip someone posted of "increasing the value of a card before applying other bonuses (since the value of that card dictates how much bonus it will give)". really helped my scores!

I agree with a lot of others with wanting some sort of progression system to keep the game lasting. I like the daily challenges, but what if it was a more linear challenges order, that players would complete from easiest to hardest? (And not have them change every day). This would also give you a way to teach players the more specific details of the game they might not know earlier on in the game.

You could have really simple/easy to complete challenges too like "make a potion without using their favourite ingredient".

Or even cumulative challenges like "make 10 potions under 5 points"

You should check out the game Disney Emoji Blitz, it uses this system of challenges and I've been playing it for months!

4. maynoam

maynoam Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Once I applied the below I stopped losing pretty much:

There are 3 buyers of every color-card, so make sure to keep enough of each color. It's usually enough to just keep the stacks even as much as possible: The amount of color cards in a stack is the number listed below the stack minus the mount of stars left in it (Minus 1 if the top card is black).

If the next-buyers color is black in your stack get rid of it in current turn.

Get rid of blacks in pairs whenever possible. Each such pair if placed together is a +2 bonus which cancels most of the blacks penalty, so you can get rid of a 2nd black for almost free in most cases. Make sure you have at least 1 black somewhere if the black-buyer hasn't arrived yet, and typically I save my kick for the black-buyer in case it's needed.

5. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    How are you supposed to make an a black distillate? I finally got a merchant who wanted a black potion and I had 4 black cards..... what gives....

6. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Need to try one of these games by this dev. Gun to head.. which do you pick?

Seems consensus is Card Crawl > Card Thief > Miracle Merchant?

Thanks!

7. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    Anyone??

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Miracle Merchant is incredibly shallow in comparison to both Card Crawl and Card Thief so scratch that one immediately. The other two are both enjoyable, I personally found Card Crawl easier to get into but Card Thief may have more depth.

9. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    Thank you. Bought CC, figure it's my best introduction to this dev!

10. Coffeecrash

Coffeecrash Member

Mar 30, 2017
    #130 Coffeecrash, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    I downloaded the update, and it seems like the first evil card of every stack is always -3, the second is always -2, and the third is always -1. I like the original distribution better, because it felt more like a physical card game, where sometimes you need to prepare for bad RNG (and the game could literally be translated into a physical card game with 6 stacks of cards, with minor adjustments).

Forcing the order of the evil cards to literally always be the same every time, sort of feels awkward from a card-game perspective. It also seems awkward for a pacing-of-the-game perspective, because as the game progresses, it will always get progressively easier to deal with the evil cards. I could understand having the random number generator making it a bit less likely for a bunch of -2 and -3 evil cards to be on the bottoms of the card stacks -- but completely preventing the really bad RNG cases seems a bit harsh? It seems more like it should be an easy mode for the game, as opposed to the only difficulty mode for the game?

11. Coffeecrash

Coffeecrash Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Also, I think I've restarted the game about 50-80 times today, trying to get 3 distillate potions in the same game. Anecdotally, I want to say this wasn't anywhere near this difficult before the patch. It seems like the game is trying so hard to equally distribute the evil cards within each stack, that making distillates is much more difficult now?

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    You'll enjoy Card Crawl. They are all great but I am looking forward to more content coming to MM.

13. Decl1ne

Decl1ne New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Impossible

After searching online to see if it's possible to make a black distillate and seeing this thread, I've come across this myself and to my disappointment, it just ends the game. :(

Attached Files:

14. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

I've managed to do the black distillate. I was lucky enough to get 4 x -1 black cards co-inciding with a customer wanting a black potion. The +5 for the distillate offset the -4 for the cards.

15. Anyapanya

Anyapanya New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Black distillate

I did it!
    Screenshot_20171019-190849.png

16. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Just got the game and it is constantly crashing right after I make my first potion.

Tried on four different phones and iPads with iOS from 10 to 11. Every time it crashes as soon as I make my first potion. Servers go down? Should I just refund?

17. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    #137 baconcow, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    When it goes to make that first potion, tap the screen before it shows the potion animation. This will avoid the crash and continue the tutorial. This happened to me, also. It shouldn't crash for any of the following potion animations.

Edit: Seems like it was just fixed on Android. An iOS fix is likely incoming.

"Updated the Google Play Store version to 1.1.2. This should fix the crash after a potion is created and no Daily Tasks are loaded."

18. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t in the tutorial (I skipped it). This would happen in the main game. But, their web sites were also down, and now that they are back up the game is working fine.