Universal Miracle Merchant (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 2, 2017.

1. nam009

nam009 Member

May 9, 2012
    Between card crawl, card thief and miracle merchant, if I could only buy one, which one would you recommend the most?

2. Cutty2k

Cutty2k Member

Oct 16, 2016
    @nam009 - If you only can buy one, it's definitely between Card Crawl and Card Thief; they're both much fuller games than Miracle Merchant.

If you want the game to feel more like a solitaire card game, and you enjoy figuring out the meta and going for achievements, go for Card Crawl.

If you want the game to feel more like a board game played with cards, and you enjoy an element of randomness, and a more distinct feeling of progression, go for Card Thief.

They're both amazing, I prefer Crawl myself, soooo much replay value.

Miracle Merchant isn't really doing it for me. I feel like I'm stuck on level 1 of a game that I like, I just want there to be...more.

3. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Come on? Stuck on lvl 1? Not every game is going to be just the way you want it. This is a great card game and balanced nicely the way it is. Do you get a lvl up every time you win a game of Solitaire? Plus it has competitive leader boards

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I like Card Thief more than Card Crawl, but that is actually a different kind of fun.

I cannot really choose if you ask which one to go for...

How about a bundle? It should have been one long ago...

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    THIS is a very interesting idea... and I like it a lot. The suits could each effect a definite 2 or 3 stats, but which of those and the quality of the buff would leave for some randomization.

And of course some random black effects!

6. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Card Crawl and Card Thief are great, love the role playing vibe of Card Thief.
    That said I am enjoying Miracle Merchant and that's all I've played the last few days.
    After getting 12-19 point potions I finally a 36 point and 25 point in a row, and actually completed the match!

7. Coffeecrash

Coffeecrash Member

Mar 30, 2017
    #107 Coffeecrash, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    The game is good so far, until today, where one of the tasks involves a 25 point blue distillate. In the vast majority of games, I don't think this could be done, regardless of what moves you make. You need to have four blue cards spawn in a row (i.e. no evil cards appear), and these four blue cards need to spawn with enough blue bonuses to reach 24 points? Also, I don't think I've ever seen a customer where their top and bottom colors are the same, and since a distillate is all one color, we can never get the "customer likes this color" bonus to help us reach 25 points. Is this a realistic task? (There might be some game mechanic I'm completely missing?)

8. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Coffeecrash yeah this is very hard, close to impossible. Need to fix that in the task generation.

9. clarsonx

clarsonx Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Speaking of the near impossible, has anyone made the black distillate? I've done a little grinding to try for it and this is as close as I've come. I still only had a 1 in 7 chance that the next card from the yellow deck would be a black -1, but the next customer requiring black was all queued up.

Attached Files:

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It's just the artist's style. He's actually worked on art for Adventure Time before. I love all his stuff: http://www.thomaswellmann.eu

11. callmesteam

callmesteam Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Albuquerque, NM
    Haha...just had the very first customer demand black and I instantly failed. None of the second cards were black! Great game, having fun with it.

12. callmesteam

callmesteam Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Albuquerque, NM
    Just happened again...so maybe not so rare

Attached Files:

13. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    The best thing to do when that happens is pick a color and dig until you get a black. Your chances go up with each card you pull.

14. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    or you can give them the boot!

15. Coffeecrash

Coffeecrash Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Well, that one is a bit near impossible too. You actually need to get all four of the card stacks to be on the -1 Evil card when the "needs an evil card" customer is there, and each card stack only contains one -1 evil card. I think twice I was able to get -1,-1,-1,-2 when the "needs an evil card" customer was there, but that unfortunately would make a zero-point potion (which would immediately end the game). Personally, I would make the black distillate worth 6 points instead of 5, so one of the evil cards could be a -2. Currently, the best way to get a black distillate, is to literally restart the game if it could no longer make a black distillate (e.g. restart if you are forced to use a -1 evil card early. Also, if the "needs an evil card" customer ever appears when you aren't ready, then immediately restart, because booting them to the end of the line means that literally the bottom card of each stack would need to be a -1 to make a black distillate). You might be able to make a black distillate after a few hundred restarts.

16. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Yeah, Thomas the artists worked on a lot of US cartoon shows including Adventure Time already. Fun fact, he went with me to University, thats where i know him from.

@Coffeecrash yes another good suggestion, might add a little extra bonus to the black distillate so it won't be so hard to achieve. But i know a guy who actually did it already, but i guess the luck factor right now is a bit high ;).

17. Cutty2k

Cutty2k Member

Oct 16, 2016
    #117 Cutty2k, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. After having a grand time with both Card Crawl and Card Thief, I bought this one sight unseen expecting to have the same reaction, but to me, although the mechanic is fun, the game doesn't feel fleshed out as a full game.

Whether or not I get a lvl up in solitaire is irrelevant here, because we aren't talking about the game solitaire. I expected deeper strategy, and am disappointed that the mechanic feels flat after a few minutes for me, absent something more.

Still, love the dev, love the other games, will certainly try the next one, but this was a miss for me. Glad you're having fun with it.

18. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Cutty2k And it's totally ok, not every game is for everyone. I dislike so many games ;).

19. cymsdale

cymsdale Member

Nov 2, 2013
    "Get an ingredient card score of 6 and an ingredient card score of 6 with a yellow ingredient card."

What is this telling me to do? The wording is very confusing.

20. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    You need to push a card to 6 and a card of the color yellow.