Universal Miracle Merchant (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 2, 2017.

1. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    This game is kicking my rump.

I've only won once out of about 10 or so games. Most of the time the loss comes when I'm down to my last few cards, too.

Really enjoying the game but there's something missing that I've come to expect from TTT games - unlockables! Both Card Crawl and Card Thief have fun unlockables to work towards that also serve to shake up the gameplay. Card Thief, in particular, has a clear feeling of progression.

I fear that after a few days, when I really get the game down, I won't stick around for long and it'll be one of those apps I start up every few months when I remember I have it and that there's a Daily Quest.

Grade A game design and presentation, just wish there was more of a meta element.

BTW, when are we finally getting that Card Thief update?

2. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    I loved Card Crawl, so I bought Card Thief instantly. I loved that as well, so now I bought Miracle Merchant instantly. I haven't won yet, but I do love it.

All 3 games have a certain charm for me. The art, the gameplay, the casual feel yet not-casual difficulty.

Keep at it Arnold, you certainly know how to cater card-game fans.

3. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    hahahaha! Thanks! very well thought of: to screw you at the last round! Gotta be more smart in using my resources ;)

4. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks for the kind words guys!!!

@dukat111 not sure if i understand correctly but the cards you've played are two greens. The left one matches only with red, the right one only matches with red or yellow.

@HotHamBoy if the game is well received (which it seems so far) we are looking into some meta progression thing that we could add. I always intended this game to be a small side project with just the basic gameplay. The Card Thief update is coming along nicely and will be hopefully out this month as well.

Again for those who have problems winning here's an excellent guide from App Unwrapper: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2017/08/02/miracle-merchant-walkthrough-guide-tips-and-tricks/

5. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I got Miracle Merchant other day and I really love it! for quick game I like this more than card crawl and card thief. I am very excited to coming new updates too ^^ Thank you for fun game with great Art!

Ah I have question: my task (3 task screen before game) says "task completed" (all task) but it is not refreshing new task. it My last task was Blue Duplex potion last night. after I complete it the tasks did not refresh until now. Am I missing something?

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    #66 fabianb, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    I don't mind having no real progression or unlockables. But I do miss a statistics page.

Like: "oh I've won 56% of my total games, I gotta increase that to 60%!".

or

"shit my mum has more wins than me! I need to play and win more!".

I would just love to see statistics.

7. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Amesiu tasks should update when you have internet connection, might need to restart the app once you have it.

@fabianb yeah i write that down, stats are always fun.

8. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    The darker color of the dual triangle (can't tell if it's green or red) doesn't give me points.
    I've restarted the game several times testing this. I'd get a dual color triangle (whether on the side of a card or the center) then I place red or green cards. Neither red or green causes the dual color triangle card to get points. It does work with yellow but no other color so it appears the dual color triangle cards only give the bonus for the bottom color (yellow). Seems to be a bug.

9. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Dual color triangle? The triangle is yellow (with the top half being a bit darker due to shade), so it only works with yellow cards. Not a bug.

10. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Its a good game but got bored already.

11. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    I'm referring to the 2nd heart card (mushroom) that's been placed on the deck, on the bottom left of the card I see 2 right triangles. Bottom one is yellow, top one is greenish orange.
    You're saying that's really 1 triangle with a line down the middle and shaded differently on top? That would explain why I can't get a 2 color bonus, but strange having the line there with the shading as it looks like 2 distinctly different colors side by side.
    http://i.imgur.com/vZcx6dV.jpg

12. OkyOky

OkyOky Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Online game?

kind of game that i dont know, interesting... :rolleyes: does it worth 2 bucks yo try??

13. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Yes, I think it's worth $2, but it's the most difficult of his 3 games so don't be frustrated if you loose a lot.
    All Tinytouchtales games are worth it.. great polish and lots of depth if you take the time to learn each game.

14. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Yes, I'm saying that.

And I'm seeing a yellow triangle with a brighter bottom half and a darker upper half. As if there is depth to it.

15. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    My wife and I are very competitive...I showed her this game bc she likes solitaire, but she was having a hard time getting it... when it clicked she got 121 her second try and beat my high score. I'm so upset right now.

16. mcgillpt

mcgillpt Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I absolutely love it too, and have played a couple hundred games, but for the life of me, I haven't made a single "mixture" in the tab that shows what you've made. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!

17. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Mixture = one of each color. not evil

18. mcgillpt

mcgillpt Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Didn't work. I'm talking about the list of potions made...

Attached Files:

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Another great games from Tinytouch! I love it. Also, I am finding it pretty easy to "win", but getting a high score is another matter altogether.

20. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #80 HotHamBoy, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Okay, so I've tried to play my cards as evenly as possible so that I don't screw myself out of ingredients by the end of the game.

The game just seems far too luck-driven. I find I've lost all but one game and out of about 20 games about 8 out of 10 are lost in the last two hands.

Either I have too many black cards waiting at the bottom and the potion is too weak or The one ingredient card I don't have is the one I need and I can't boot the guy because it's the last hand.

What am I missing or is the RNG just that brutal?

For the most part I save my Boots for when a black card is required and I don't have one at the ready. Seems like it's too risky to hope you will draw one.