Universal Minimo (by Fabuloso Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fabuloso Games, May 20, 2014.

1. Fabuloso Games

Fabuloso Games Well-Known Member

May 19, 2014
    Yes, there are small non intrusive ad banners in the score screen.
    But the truth is that this is my first game and I don't care about revenue so much. I did't want to destroy the game with ads during the levels, or full screen ads. I don't like that myself as a player.
    I just want to reach as much people as possible. If some day I see somebody playing my game in the metro I will be the happiest guy on earth ... but that is so difficult ...

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I think the dude on the top of the leader boards is a hacker btw, I'm almost certain I've seen his name pop up on a lot of regular game threads as a regular leaderboard hacker.

3. Fabuloso Games

May 19, 2014
    Thanks for the tip.
    I will check it, and do something about it if I am able to verify it's a fake.

4. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I am terrible at Minimo in the morning! I can't even clear 40. Ugh. Yeah, I'm sure the 654 score is a hack, probably the next two scores as well. Once again robotic Andy is at the top. He's like Quicksilver from X-men!

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    The 200 one is the devs score, I'm not clearing 20 today, brain not working correctly lol

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #46 Andy C83, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    Ha, thanks man. :)

The 654 is definitely a fake score, however the 317 and current top score by Doomfan is real. That guy is even better than I am. ;)

7. Fabuloso Games

May 19, 2014
    I am the 200, I got so nervous when I reached the score that I crashed :)
    And I know Doomfan is real. He's been playing before release already, and he's very good. He even bragged to me with a screenshot on twitter :)

8. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Minimo is not a morning game! (For some of us). 317 is insane! I think I'd get a serious finger crap before getting even remotely close to that. The gap between 100 and 150 seems like a no mans land...who will be the first to land a score in there?!

9. Fabuloso Games

May 19, 2014
    I am trying to make a better promotional video for minimo, as the one I have is quite bad because I don't have the appropriate hardware.
    Today I thought maybe it would work to record it from the screen.
    This is the first attempt

I will keep trying.

10. birslip

birslip Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Nice game! I really like the abstract shooter vibe! Well done :)

For recording the screen of my iphone I'm using Reflector, it's inexpensive and does the job well. You should give it a try!

11. Fabuloso Games

May 19, 2014
    I already tried reflector, airserver and X-mirage. But in the videos,the game doesn't seem as fluid as it is. I guess in most of the promo videos they capture the hdmi output.

12. Fabuloso Games

May 19, 2014
    minimo's birthday

Hi,

Today is minimo's first birthday. A good time to revisit, or try it out if you haven't yet.

I was planning an update for today, including local multiplayer, but now I am focused in finishing AstrĂ¥, so I had to postpone it.

Here is a prototype preview

[​IMG]