Minigore Zombies [by Mountain Sheep]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TimoVihola, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Boy I hope so. Forget my previous questions timo but please answer these when you get the opportunity: 1. Will there be IAP's? 2. Will there be more updates to the original Minigore? 3. what I quoted up there. 4. Finally, will there be online multiplayer? Sorry for all the questions :cool:

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Lol when someone posted on the minigore thread one day I read the first couple pages of it and was like THATS AWESOME ITS A DOG:D haha

3. very cool blog you guys have going on your site

4. awong_

awong_ Member

Apr 9, 2011
    The game will need some innovative features to get my attention. Things like new characters with new abilities, something that has been delayed in the original Minigore for a looong time. Not just the visuals (like Jenny Gores which did nothing but have a unique beast mode), but something that will help you in survival mode. Things like the Ninja's long sprint. And no, not super OPd default weapons either because that is makes the game based of two or three characters.

Next I'd like comment on some of the IAPs. I personally think character IAPs are a bad idea. Think about it, the main purpose of IAPs in Minigore is a secondary source of income other than the main app itself. How would you get players to buy it? Make the pack super strong and attractive, obviously. With characters, the only way to do that is to make them super powerful. Think about what gets you your highscores (that actually counts, so no Sensei). Basically, it's the Penguin Mob, White Gangster Gore and if you want to gamble Jenny Gore. The normal kill-costing characters are useless, with the only ones that are *somewhat* worthy to purchase being Sensei and Enviro-Bear for the shotty. (Excluded Sensei cuz he doesn't count for highscores, and that's the whole purpose of the game). And you can't even compare those two with the DLC characters.

What I'm suggesting is make IAPs maps. I'm sure many of you are tired and bored of the maps in Minigore. I know I am cuz the snow map is way too laggy so I'm stuck with one. Make the maps a little more interesting. Collissions is a good step towards that. It'd be awesome if you could make it bigger too, so there is more to explore. Tight areas (such as a tunnel) would also make fast paced action.

Another idea that is based off CoD Zombies is that you can include easter eggs in your maps, making it interactive and fun. For example, some steps would be to shoot down a building (I know MS can do that for sure since they did it with the Totem Poles). That would put much more strategy and skill in the game since you would have to aim at that specific spot for a certain amount of time. And it would render Auto Aim useless, which is the ultimate test for Minigore players.

The next thing on my mind is balance. Since there clearly isn't much of that in Minigore, I think now would be a good time to sort everything out since this is a new game. I hope it isn't revolved around one or two characters as mentioned above. There really needs to be an incentive for being bold and using different characters. Wielding special guns could be one, but it really is hard to keep everything at the same power level with that (Dual wielding shottys or a machine gun? Really?). I really liked the Penguin Mob when it came out. That's what I'm looking for-- not only does it add a unique feature which opens up opportunities for other features, but it was also balanced. You HAD to go grab those penguins if you wanted to go far, but you would have to take a risk. (Unlike Sensei. Me and my buddy just held down auto aim on multiplayer, stood side by side and got 50K kills. Just like that).

I do see the part about new upgrades and I'm really excited for that.

Also, another improvement that can be made is customization and variety. Over half of the characters in Minigore use machine guns. To change things up a bit (and now that it's Zombies which I assume takes more than one shot to kill them), maybe you can alternate the rate of fire, damage, etc. Also, I find the zombie character that's not able to shoot straight a great idea. You can also change up the steadiness of the guns' shots, making some fire randomly more and some guns more controllable. (These attributes can even be designed in an RPG style upgrade menu, which I know many players love. What's better is that kills can be used for that, since kills aren't used much at the moment. (I'm assuming there's still kills in this game even though it's Zombies)).

But anyways, I'm not too hyped up for the release. I mean, there's been a lot of games that have gotten me hyped but many have just ended in a disappointment, and I don't want that to happen with Minigore. I'll definitely buy this for sure. As for keeping it on my springboard, we'll have to see. To me, it all depends on dedication. If MS is going to support the game and continually updating it (and keep that goddam blog updated), I'll keep it for sure. They don't have to be giant monster size updates with content that can make a new game, it just has to be those important updates, such as promised GC multiplayer, new maps, new weapons, etc.

5. Parttous

Parttous New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Still waiting

Btw, Age of Zombies was released almost 2 years ago for psp and ps3, and it did not invent dual stick shooters.

Mountain sheep, if youre going to create a new game of the zombies, could we still have the update for minigore... And if you're really gonna make the game a new generation sequel to minigore, for gods sake be quick with it! :D

6. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Hey timo, can we have a few more pictures ?

7. Mr.Damien

Mr.Damien Active Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Montain Sheep ...
    I got ��������ed twice time by those guys:
    1. With mini gore and their fake updates with paying characters only
    2. With Death Rally and their "price rebate before the price goes up" and the price was just lower after instead of going up.

Those guys are champions of paying in-app purchase with no added value and for lying.

They won't get my money this time.

PS: ho yes, and saying that mini gore was the top of the top at the time it was release is just a joke too: Guerrilla bob was released few weeks latter with real 3D, real multiplayer, a lot of weapons all for free. It's still more impressive that the pictures of mini gore zombies...

8. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Definately agree with this. When they started to do this I deleted it. Hate it when devs do this.

9. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #49 gwet17, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    The penguin is awesome, especially with a friend over wifi, but I'd rather unlock it with kills than buy it for two bucks.

10. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Actually I think Meridian jumped on this idea like 2 years ago with Alive-4-Ever. As usual the minigore developers are only a few months or years late on ideas. :rolleyes:

11. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    #51 rooteboy, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    Actually if you were a real fan of minigore you would know that the zombie mode has been in the works for over a year

Also has anyone noticed what timo has been doing with the teaser image?

12. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    I notice. Each night he posts a new pic. Just wish he'd reply to our posts instead of only focusing on that pic.

13. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I hope this has more than two maps

14. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    This game will have 2 maps and full of promises that they will release additional maps...
    Like they always do promise a lot of things and never do them.

15. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I think every night he adds a charater instead of the silhouette and if there all revealed the game comes out

16. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    He hasn't posted a picture in a while. Maybe a delay in production :confused:

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Its only been announced for a week. Just chill out. He'll probably post a pic next week or something.

18. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Whatever happened to hardgore?

[​IMG]

:L It looks fun

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Hardgore was cancelled... a long time ago...

20. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Sad but true...