Minigore... Wow this sucks :(

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by anonymous, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Adaptive Logic

Feb 3, 2009
    #41 Adaptive Logic, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    I think that people forget that iDracula was originally released with only one map. Granted there were more weapons and more enemy variety, but it was still a very limited package at first. Minigore is no different and it will get better with each update. I think Minigore is a blast as-is, though I am looking forward to the future updates. Hell, I still play the original Geometry Wars and it only has one mode of play, same as when it released. I guess for some trying to top their own (or other's) high scores just isn't enough and that's fine too. I don't think it's fair to say that the game sucks because it plays well and has excellent in game art. Lack of variety? Yes. Suck? Not even close.

2. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IAnzQvtw6U
    :rolleyes:

Well sure not everyone can enjoy a game but to say it sucks would suggest it's a broken game or something. I can dislike it but no it doesn't suck just kind of limited in it's short life but one has to realize that it will be updated with more and more goodies :D

3. Maelick

Maelick Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Read Above
    Myrtle Beach, SC USA
    i lost 99 pennies for this! i expected it to be an epic adventure of console quality! come on... just wait foir some updates.

4. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    theres going to be more content.... why you crying?

5. dmbama

dmbama Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Why the hell would you buy a game because of what other people say

6. johnny82

johnny82 Member

May 25, 2009
    Regardless of any updates coming, this app is EASILY worth the $0.99 price tag. I wouldn't dare by $5.00 though :)

Keep whining for cheaper games, and you will get just that... cheaper games both cost and quality wise!

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    There's a promised update. I was also skeptical at first but minigore is actually very different from idrac even though they are in the same genre of gaming. There's many people who own both and greatly appreciate the simplicity of minigore. Idracula may have all the content and gfx that you would want...but you don't get to experience that much since most of the the time you're just gunning away at monsters that run 3x your speed with the chain gun...fun! Minigore has a different kind of appeal and there's just something about it that makes it more fun to play.

8. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    Hahaha lol if there is no update 4 this game.
    And I have feeling too little kids who r swearing at me.

9. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Just laught.
    No updates with the sells ? With Chillingo as publisher ? Mountain Sheep is not crazy and they have another game which is coming, so they need to have a good feedback in the game community for their future.

Do you really buy a game without looking BEFORE what's inside ? :confused:

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm kinda annoyed by the "weekly updates" crap. Why can't they take a little extra time to create a game that full and fun to play from the start? When you buy a game for any other console, it's finished. You don't have to wait 2-3 months to get the full package. It's stupid. Hype for the next update is creating the illusion that the buyer's getting their money's worth, but they're not. You're almost never playing the full game, and when the updates are finally over, you don't wanna play with it anymore.

11. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    The thing has a name on PS3 and Xbox 360 : DLC. And you have to pay for 99% of the DLC (many games come in stores without all the content so, they sell it after some months on the PSN and the Live).

On the App Store, updates are free and, more better, the developers ask to the gamers what they want for the game. So you don't have expensive boring content but lots of small nice contents. I appreciate that.
    I understand that people want a full game the first day but not that they want the perfect game at 0.99$.

12. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I keep dying when I try to hug the furry things. What am I doing wrong?

13. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    you gotta hug them from behind, get behind them. then give them a giant one!!

14. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Jun 6, 2009
    On one hand, Minigore is a pretty solid .99 game on its own right... on the other, it CERTAINLY doesn't deserve the praise that its getting imo, especially compared to the content some of the other .99 offerings give.

At first I was like whoa, game is pretty sweet. Nice menu music, nice graphics, cool style... then after about 2 minutes of playing I was thinking, okay... is this it? One weapon for example doesn't cut the mustard. All the enemies behave exactly the same way (thus you do the same thing vs every type... shoot it until its dead). I honestly can't believe how anyone going for a top score actually has fun while in the process of doing it for the whole time. Afterwards it's cool to have the high score, sure... but it takes like 5 minutes just to get 2000 pts... I can only imagine 10000+.

I hear people mentioning updates which is cool and all, but imo we have to judge the game based off what it is NOW. You can't release a crappy game (not saying this is the situation with Minigore), and then promise great things and have everyone say the game is awesome bc of its potential. Doesn't really work out like that.

Anyway, personally I think the hype has a lot to do with it. People were anticipating this game for a while and after wanting it for so long, its easy to convince yourself its cooler then it is. I know I've done that with a few games before.

15. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Very well worded *Patting your back Jamie*

16. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Ya I noticed this game on the top list today after not checking for a while.

17. touch32g

touch32g Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    im not gonna lie i dont like this game much either and i only bought it because of all the good reviews. Yes it is fun every once and a while but it has so little content which right now is why i like idracula more

18. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    ummm dlc says hi. Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Killzone 2, Call of Duty, heck all games pretty much get a patch on release these days.

ah I see Zaz said this already :)

19. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Uh, those games were complete from the start and they have added DLC as extra content.
    Fallout 3 wasn't released with 1 weapon and only 1 level.

Think of DLC as in-app purchases, not updates to increase the worth/replayability of the game...or to make it a complete game. ;)

20. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    Dude, Minigore rocks a$$. Yea idracula had more weapons and enemies, but it did not have the interesting Tim Burtonish art style nor the excellent music.You can also play your music in the background. Two thumbs up for Minigore. Im sorry you had higher expectations for a simple survival game, btw it is only .99 cents, dont know what you were expecting.