Minigore... Wow this sucks :(

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by anonymous, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I was also dissapointed, but glad to hear there will be more content in chapters like in Pocket God.

The game looks great, very nice and cute graphics, but the current content is VERY limited - but since it seems more will be added it may turn out to be a great game over time.

It think Chillingo has made one serious mistake however - NO WHERE in the itunes description does it state that more updates will be coming!!!

The Pocket God guys make this very clear, but not Chillingo - so I can understand why people get dissapointed if they think this is all they get.

Actually I want to see these updates before i believe they are coming - in the description it clearly says: One level of full 3D world....

So who says the full game won't be another purchase???

2. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009

They've announced on this forum that they have submitted the first update. I'm positive there not going to make you pay.

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    It has some great artwork, gfx, but did not really catch my attention for the gameplay & the content at the moment.

To everyone who whines about the OP & his choice
    If you can't help the thread grow on the topic, Do not put down the person who has created it.
    If your idea does not matches his, find some thread that keeps your smile from the left to the right ear or create one such thread.

4. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #24 ultimo, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
    rotflmao

5. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah I would have been incredibly disappointed if i purchased this. It seems so limited for what it is right now.

6. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    It's less than a DOLLAR. What, are you expecting Halo quality here? If you are, I don't think you should buy any games anymore.

7. rhenzhen

rhenzhen Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    NY, USA
    I totally agree... For 1 dollars, it's like they got burnt for 60 bucks... LOL! I play the game once. It's okay. Im pretty sure the Dev. will update it soon.

8. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Peter321: Minigore updates are 100% free for people who have bought the game. There will be a lot of updates and we are already working on Episode 3.

Minigore is not a demo of Hardgore, originally it was supposed to be a free lite version of Hardgore but once we decided it costs $0,99 all that changed. We don't have ETA for Hardgore and we don't want to talk about it at this stage because we're focused on Minigore.

All the players who are on the fence about buying the game - you can wait if you feel like it isn't enough content at this stage. For the time being it's a survival shooter with one level - no more, no less. Minigore isn't going anywhere and will only get better with time, pick it up when you feel the AppStore description fits your expectations.

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Evaluate it for what it is, not some imagined standard that all games have to meet. The last dual stick shooter I played was Robotron, around 25-30 years ago, which I'm sure my parents paid the modern equivalent of $40 for and had like 2 bit graphics. It had like 4-5 kinds of enemies, same as Minigore, although granted they were a bit more varied, grunts, indestructible robots, a couple shooter/spawners and every five levels, the dreaded Brains. Rescuing innocents was also a nice touch. You only had one weapon, the environment was a black screen, and "power-ups," well, I'm not sure they had been invented yet. Man that game was awesome. Minigore needs some guys that shoot at you. And maybe some chicks to rescue.

I think I might have made a point, but if not, appologize for the thread hijack.

10. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    i agree it's limited. but i paid 99 cents for a game that has potential if the developer is active. i like the graphics and gameplay, so i gambled on great concept art and the promise of many updates. and i'm ok with that. 99 cents wont break me but after enough updates the price will go up...

11. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    I bought the game the day it was released. loved it for like 2 days then i stopped playing because i was getting bored. Yea there isnt a lot of content in the game. But there are promised updates which would probably make this better than idracula. Just wait for updates then tell us what you think.

12. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Wow YOU suck. Just kidding, I respect your views and I can see why. I'm sure it'll get better as the updates come along, like iDracula. I hope it'll be better than iDracula actually, I really like the art style and MoreGames never really updates their games.

13. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Everyone, cock your guns and fire at will!

14. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    ok everyone needs to stop. hes allowed to express his opinions. not all the people that bought the game has to like it.

15. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    For a dollar, I've had quite a lot of enjoyment from the game simply trying to beat my own high score. The art style, music, fluidity and controls make it highly enjoyable, and it's not as if it's trying to be something it's not. Expectations can be dangerous.

16. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Yes it was. Users just prefer graphics over gameplay- foolish.

17. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    #37 DannyV, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    I haven't personally played the game yet but if it's anything like iDracula than no thanks. I don't like the concept of playing and playing without an end in sight, but that's just my personal opinion. To the developer on this statement:

"Minigore is not a demo of Hardgore, originally it was supposed to be a free lite version of Hardgore but once we decided it costs $0,99 all that changed. We don't have ETA for Hardgore and we don't want to talk about it at this stage because we're focused on Minigore."

Why keep putting more of your time/money into a little 99 cent app when you can just start focusing on the real game? I mean at 99 cents it's got enough content.

18. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Very true, everyone can have their own opinion, and below is my opinion of what I get for just one little ol' dollar.

I got a game that was billed as a survival shooter and absolutely nothing more. I like its minimalistic approach. You don't have a bunch of weapons or upgrades to collect which ultimately leaves your success with the game up to your ability to play it. If you think it's slow at the start, turn on expert mode and the action will start sooner.

I don't mind that it has one graphical "look" to its enemies, they exhibit different behavior and they all bring their own challenge because of that. Eventually, no matter how good you are, you will be overwhelmed by sheer numbers of furries; hence the survival aspect. The game, to me, delivers exactly as advertised.

On top of that I got:
    -polished graphics with a humorous and neat art style
    -great music
    -great dual stick controls - definitely among the best
    -developers who actively listen to and like to get community opinion

IMO, it is definitely worth that $1; especially having an active dev...now that's just pure gold.

19. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    i like it and thats all that counts!! :cool:

20. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #40 ultimo, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    For the same $ we have games like Spybot Chronicles, HoS, CopterKid & plenty othrs which are of diff. genre sure, but mentioned them as you went as far as Halo-quality-games.

iGuess you just forgot tht this a forum & he is wording his opinion, if it seems to you that he is whining because he is burnt for $ 60, its your perception, he never said that he is feeling robbed of $60...

Also did you forget ? its the 99 cents market so we do not compare games to $ 60

Thanks for responding to the thread TimoVihola.