GameClub Minigore (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vicente.ramirezch, Jul 30, 2009.

1. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Oh, more new Characters? That's just great. Fantastic. How many is that now? About 96 or so? 138? I lost count. Why does Mountain sheep think we need new characters with every update? New characters add NOTHING to the gameplay.

Hey Mountain Sheep! You numbskulls! Players want NEW MAPS!!! Not more Characters! I would gladly pay for some actual new content like new maps or even new enemies. Where is the graveyard with the church? Where are all the cool monsters from the blog? And all you give us are two new characters for €1.59. There are better games out there that cost less and offer a lot more, Mountain Sheep. Shame on you for releasing another disappointing update.

2. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    +1....exactly my thoughts!
    And don't forget about the map with the red guys as enemies. We've seen that before the first version of MG was released and it is still not here. lol...

Sure, the devs could catch up and release lots of cool stuff that make Minigore up to date again. With the history of this game, I highly doubt it though.

3. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I think that is pretty obvious. New characters are extremely easy to implement. It is basically just an new skin.
    Regarding all other features like new maps or new gameplay elements, MS is obviously unable or unwilling to bring those.

It really surprises me that there are still people around here that actively support/defend the devs and supporting this mediocre game (judged by todays standards on iOS games)

4. Lynx-

Lynx- Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Student
    England
    Episode 4 is no different from the others, most noticable is the fact that there is no knight character and no zombie map...

Eventhough I enjoy the game, I'll still be waiting for (above) before playing it again

5. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    #6585 Khavatari, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    Really? Name me at least few of them which as good as minigore....

6. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    #6586 MarkHerm, Dec 17, 2010
    Mushihimesama BUG PANIC by Cave for example is not as good as minigore but 10x better IMO. Even Salomon's boneyard is way better...
    Sure, we cannot argue about taste here so this is my preference. YMMV. But it is undenyable that both games offer way more beef gameplay wise (level ups, different enemies, different maps, different equipments). MS simply dropped the ball with MG. Hell, MG could have been something like an evergreen like Doodle Jump or Angry Birds if MS had cared to constantly and substantially improve the game. But they have not... instead they added a bunch of freaking characters that are basically all the same in the end. And it took them a year to implement multiplayer that does not even include an online part. Not to speak of the zombies, a new map(s), the red guys etc etc.

7. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #6587 maikelg, Dec 17, 2010
    Max Adventue, iDracula, garters & ghouls, Solomon's Boneyard, Pirate's Treasure, Babeorella, Daisy Mae... Just to name a few...

It's just that I really like the design of Minigore, otherwise I would have given upon this game long ago. How hard can it be to make a new map? From the previews on the blog they already made the whole thing.
    IF YOU MADE IT, PUT IT IN THE GAME ALREADY MOUNTAIN SHEEP!!!!

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    In addition to Bug Panic, which absolutely DESTROYS Minibore, you have:
    Guerilla Bob
    Catacombs
    Daisy Mae Alien Buffet
    Alive 4 Ever/Returns
    Revolt
    Age of Zombies

These are just off the top of my head, and they're all MUCH better.

9. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #6589 Jazzzed, Dec 17, 2010
    Yep... Agree with alot of those examples. I'd also throw Revolt in there, and I'm even playing a tank game called Great Tank War that offers GC multiplayer, and equipment power-ups through a coin/store system. Oh yeah... plus 25 levels in addition to survival mode.

10. ZANESinsane

ZANESinsane Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I WANT to like Revolt, but it just doesn't play well to me. I never even heard my gun shoot, just music...(unless that would be a glitch?)

11. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    oh please :rolleyes:
    --
    They lose me when they removed openfeint, most developers keep both OF & GC, why they couldn't?

and why update with only new characters? because they are making big money with silly people paying for new skin. ;)

12. Salacion

Salacion Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Real Games? The ones I see listed don't reach the same level of technical prowess and graphics as Minigore. Gameplay wise, sure I concur. It's lacking depth. But I have yet to play a game that plays as smoothly as Minigore.

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Bug Panic plays at least as smoothly as Minibore while being exponentially more complex, with massive amounts of items on-screen at the same time. I thought this game was all hype, no substance a year ago. Now, with the current titles on the app store, I see it as obsolete.

14. Salacion

Apr 14, 2010
    Except for the graphics, of course.

Look, I’d agree with all of you if this game looked like Max Adventure, or Bug Panic, or Age of Zombies. But it clearly doesn’t.

It’s one of the better looking games in the App Store, with a fluid game mechanic. It has style, it has heart. It has potential.

People seem to relate good graphics with high detail, the example being your generic Gameloft production. But what’s rarely realized by a dev is that, simple 3D graphics are clear winners for mobile gaming. Insofar, the only game to have nailed detailed graphics, is Infinity Blade.

Cartoonish and pixelated graphics are just a copout for devs. The majority of consumers absolutely don’t realize the level of complexity that comes with shading, lighting and 3D animation, as opposed to games missing these elements (i.e. the majority iOS games).

That’s still no excuse for MS’s delays, but people really are too focused on retaining a vitriolic attitude towards these devs, when they’ve already created a fundamentally awesome game. You can’t take that away from them, albeit the delays.

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Well, then I'll just agree to disagree. I don't think there is anything revolutionary about blocky, cartoon graphics. I think the graphics in Bug Panic are as good in their own way as Minibore's, while the gameplay is a whole lot better.

16. Salacion

Apr 14, 2010
    It has nothing to do with revolutionary; it just has to look good and work well.

But in any case, let’s just agree to disagree. ;)

17. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    How do I acquire the 2 new characters that came with the update? I bought the IAP months ago, is there something I am missing?

18. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    It's another in-app purchase my friend... $2 for the two characters.

19. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks for the info, in case I decide I want to purchase the guys, where would I find the ability to buy them? Before it had the purchase button right next to the select button when hovering on a character. I don't see it there for these 2 little fellors.

20. tmurp14

tmurp14 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Why is there a kill based buying system if all the characters they add are in-app purchases?? Kinda defeats the purpose of the whole thing...