GameClub Minigore (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vicente.ramirezch, Jul 30, 2009.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Can anyone download or unlock the 2 new characters? They are locked for me and there is no buy button... :(

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    IAP take a little longer to show up in the appstore they'll be coming later tonight/early tomorrow

3. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Is the update for iPad Minigore HD coming soon as well? Starting to feel ripped for buying the HD version as well and not getting the updates.

4. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Well I'll be damned... They beat DNF.

5. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    WTF, is it too much to ask for a new map or two?

I'm so sick of one map (I don't count drawing snow on the same map a second map)

I would swear I read 4.0 would have a new map.

What ever happened to the red suit guys and the real snow map?

Probably the slowest developer out there.
    I doubt this guy works on the game much at all, as In one year all we get Is some new characters...ooh.

Multiplayer? I'm probably the only one that could care less.

How about a larger game?

And whatever happened to that collaboration with the 'Geared guy'?
    I think that one has met the toilet bowl.

Still feels like a glorified demo.

Just my opinion though.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I tend to agree with you. Once, Minigore was one of my favorite dual stick shooters just because it ran so smooth and the controls were excellent.

Now, there's so many more out there that are downright better than this. Full fledged story modes (I'm lookin' at ya Max Adventure) and games with plenty of variety (Revolt comes to mind, but there's many others).

I just don't have much of a reason to come back to this game. I wouldn't even mind if the developer came out with a whole new game based on the Minigore concept BUT WITH A STORY, MORE MAPS, ETC.

These updates just aren't taking the game anywhere. I'm not big on co-op and multiplayer. Anyway, I'll end my rant as well.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ...On the other hand I'm a newer adopted and was glad to see new skins during the Halloween and Thanksgiving updates this season (...but yeah, some new maps would rule).

8. AKnight

AKnight Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    WLAN? you can only play with people one the same wifi network?

9. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

#6569 iMario, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    This game has become a flop and it's probably about money only. This forcing to buy DLC to get your achievements and stuff, getting sick of it. With every update they add a new downloadable character (not free of course) and an achievement that you will get when buying new characters.

Yeah the game was great at its time but there are better games now, better support, no forcing. Nice X on that Minigore icon, think I'll press it.

10. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Lol... More than a Year for local wifi multiplayer?! Not even GC online multiplayer after all this time?!
    With all the great games around now, I am done with MG. It was great when it was released but the devs were not able to keep their promises. Now the game is mediocre at best when compared to other available games

11. Salacion

Salacion Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    If you guys would actually pay attention and visit their blog on occasion, you'd know that Game Center online multiplayer is almost done and ready for beta testing. You'd also know that the Zombie map will follow after the next multiplayer update, and lastly, you'd know that Episode 4 is being released in stages to bring it to you faster.

Seriously, be less ignorant guys.

12. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    2 characters... 1.59€ ?!?!? WTF? ahaha are you serious?

13. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    lol... We all have made some experience if MS announces something as almost ready or coming soon. :D :rolleyes: These devs deserve the ignorance due to their behavior in the past. Sure, they can regain the respect of the community by less announcing and promising and more doing (-> releasing substantial stuff). But for now, it is the way it is ;)

14. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Wow... I have TREMENDOUS lag on my 2G iPod touch when in inferno mode on the snow map... single player mode... It's like slow motion, and completely unplayable. Wasn't like that with the last version.

15. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Seriously I thought there was going to be local bluetooth multiplayer!!

16. Salacion

Salacion Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I think people don't realize how much more complex Minigore is, as compared to constantly updated games like Angry Birds and Pocket God. The coding is substantially more intricate, and also, multiplayer was an entirely new coding scheme for the developers of Minigore. To have it at all is astonishing.

And yes, while they did promise and promise and promise, they're finally coming through. It's better late than never, especially when you think about the massive amount of apps abandoned by devs.

17. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I guess that's why there're only concept art of Hardgore. Way too complex for them...

18. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    That argument may have held water a year ago. Honestly, I can't believe this game still gets any attention with all of the real games that have been released on this platform.

19. bubafive

bubafive Member

Dec 17, 2010
  20. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Agreed... The AppStore is full of dual stick shooters that are blowing this one out of the water... and Minigore has had 2 years of development since its release. There isn't even object collisions on the maps yet, so I don't see how anyone can claim it's any more complex than any other 3D DSS. If anything, Minigore is lacking in features compared to all the others. They can't even get a new map incorporated... We've been seeing screenshots of the zombie map since May. I also remember seeing a snow map somewhere that had ALOT of snow. Max Adventure was released on Monday, and then they submitted an update with a new map on Thursday... lol...