Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    #1961 DannyTheElite, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Let's hope it's a fast approval

2. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I can understand that MS is probably avoiding the forum because they are working their butts off and don't want to get flamed in the face, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't at least post this here.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Where it mattered to since we see the updates. This is pretty much a slap in the face to the TA crowd

4. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #1964 SumoSplash, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    So you are double fv(k=d if you download the update AND delete/reinstall in an attempt to fix the problem. I am glad I at least did not delete the app. This is a gigantic cluster fv(k.

Edit: If progress is lost, MS should definitely, at the very minimum, give out the coin doubler for free. Even better, they can do what Pixelbite did when they accidently erased the progress for Reckless Racing 2, and that is give a gigantic credit so you can just buy back all the progress without having to do it all over.

Either way, an effort should be made to compensate for the many hours people have grinded for all those tasty upgrades.

5. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Never update Minigore immediately before looking at the official forum thread here on TA. It has happened once with a coin-wiping update with Minigore 1 in the past.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Don't delete it. Why would you think reinstalling a broken app would work? Unless you reinstalled the previous version. The update didn't erase any progress, it just made further progress impossible. I ASSUME, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, that the next patch won't erase pre-patched progress which is probably stored in the apps' documents folder anyways.

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Because someone said it did a few pages back

8. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #1968 SumoSplash, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    People have been deleting it to fix it because they are willing to try anything to get their hands on the new update. It's like a moth to the flame. I even considered doing it, even though I figured it wouldn't work, just so I could blast some zombies with that juicy new shotgun.

9. You want to buy some land in Nevada? I got some...

Just kidding! ;)

10. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    If someone said jump off a bridge and upon landing you will be able to play premium Real Racing 3, would you do it?

11. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Glad to see that Mountain Sheep are on top of this. They were probably aware of the problem the moment the forums erupted. Their rush to get a fix expedited through Apple's approval process is proof of that: they needed to find the cause, fix it, put it in a form acceptable to Apple, submit it, and then wrangle with Apple on getting the fix through to customers.

All in the span of under 24 hours.

The devs care about the game as much as we do, and this is proof. How big is the dev team, anyway? If they're small enough, Karmington probably got pulled away from us to help make the fix, which could be why he's been silent on the forums.

Time to take a chill pill and wait to slaughter zombies anew. Since I didn't purchase IAPs, I didn't lose anything I could not get again. I'd say to those who lost their progress (myself included) that doing the whole progression from Ground Zero to your previous state MIGHT ACTUALLY BE FUN.

You never know until you try it.

After all, if you've bought all characters/weapons/upgrades/levels and have nothing more to do, what else WERE you going to do? Think of it like starting a New Game+ in an RPG... sorta.

Ok, the analogy falls apart there >_< Point is hopefully made, tho.

Tl;dr: Yes, progress was lost. But it might be fun to regain it.

12. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Dude if you uninstall any game, back up the documents folder to your computer, you can do this with a program called iFunBox for Mac or PC.

I backup my saves to Dropbox using an app called DataDeposit but it requires jailbreak (it's a free Cydia app)

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    One word of advice for Mountain Sheep (I'm not angry at them, I just forgot to post this earlier) and, for that matter, all developers:

Never tell your customers that if they are unhappy they should ask Apple for a refund. It makes you sound fundamentally out of touch with the consumer. Trying to get Apple to refund an app purchase is slightly less enjoyable than castrating oneself; and getting that refund is less likely than fathering a child as a eunuch.

Whenever I see a developer point people towards Apple's refund policy, I want to slap my head. It makes you look like you've never USED an Apple device, you've only been trying to make money off of them.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hey sounds like super....super....I wanna say superfreemeium

15. chandriu

chandriu New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Hey amusing grace!

Do you know what I have to do to unlock the Gamecenter achievement "Stay Up Late: Play Minigore? Thanks!

16. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I thank you for those words of wisdom. I now see the light.

17. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    You just have to be playing the game after midnight in your local area... although I think one of the devs once said that its an 11pm deadline. I got the acheivement last night in the broken game... Wasnt doing anything but walking around and playing with the new shotgun.

18. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    You got video of that there new shotgun?

19. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I dont have anything that captures video, but here's a screenshot from my iPad. The shotgun fires in the same way as the regular shotgun, except that there is just two separate fireballs instead of the sweeping arc of bullets. Not sure if it damages between the fireballs or not, but I do see a little ricochets of the fireballs off of the arena walls.

On a side note, check out the X that is built into the ground near the heart with the arrow through it. It reminds me of the X that is used to trigger insane mode in Minigore 1... Don't know if there is anything behind that, but planning to keep my eye on it...

Attached Files:

20. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Thanks for the screenshot. If anyone happens to capture some video of it it would be most appreciated.