Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. roseshoes

roseshoes Member

Aug 10, 2013
    #2621 roseshoes, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Oh ok! thanks!

But there is one more problem. Every time i reach deeper all my nights drops to the first night!
    It happens when i go to the shop menu and back to the game, everything resets to the first night.

I did not really notice it before...but now when i want to make the achivement it really prevents me to do it.
    So do something with that pls!

2. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #2622 Karmington, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    Awwww shibnizzz.. I gonna have to check that out, I think the last update had some changes that were not screened properly. One thing I noticed for sure that would cause problems : If you have less money in the 'bank' than what you have when you go to the shop mid-game. This was a very unfortunate change which whizzed right past QA without raising alarms.

Frankly that's a major major bug and I'm going to push for an immediate fix update.

EDIT : The money bug does not seem to cause the Nights getting reset, just mucks up the score counter pretty badly. Going to have to delve deeper to find the cause. Please report more details : happening in all levels, consistently reproducing it? Anybody else seeing this happening?

3. roseshoes

roseshoes Member

Aug 10, 2013
    its happening on all levels. Look, i choose a hardcore mode and the reason why i go to the shop its to switch it off to restore last heart health, you know what i mean?
    on 5th wave or higher it needs often enough for me, so this is all the truth :)
    i have iphone 5 with last update.
    i hope this helps you.

4. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    Ok, hardcore mode switch might have something to do with it. Thanks for that detail, I check it out now.

5. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    Hmm hmm. Trying to reproduce exactly as you say:

I play a couple of nights in with Hardcore mode ON.
    Then I take some hits, so I have about half a heart left.
    Then I go to Shop, and turn Hardcore OFF.
    Then I resume the game.
    After playing to the end of the night, the game goes back to shop.
    There I do nothing but resume.
    The next night launches correctly for me.

Anything I'm not stepping through the same as you?

6. roseshoes

roseshoes Member

Aug 10, 2013
    #2626 roseshoes, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    yep, the same, but not exactly!
    When the heart recovered i turn the hardcore mode back on again and resume.
    And when i resume, i see not the moment when i paused, i see just the first night and start all nights from the begining.
    So this reset happens when i choose "Play" from the menu.
    Sometimes i need to do it twice in a minute!
    No matter if the hardcore mode on or off. It happens on a both situations.
    Just play deep into the nights and somewhere in 5 or 6 or 7 etc. this will happen.
    You know its just really unpredictible when you just want to recover your health, you pause and then "play" the game after hardcore mode switched on or off (its just doesnt matter) and you see the start of the first night.
    Its allways something like that...and i allways thinking "No way, i dont want to play this game one more time to start from the beginning"
    i just want to say that it is happening many times...

P.S. Just did it another time. in a first night. so it means no matter how far can you go.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    that's probably on purpose. I think that would be cheating if you could do that

8. roseshoes

roseshoes Member

Aug 10, 2013
    #2628 roseshoes, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    You think the game reseting the nights because it wants me to teach that its bad and its cheating ? :)
    How then i will do the achievement "exterminator" without this cheating?
    what "probably on purpose" do you mean?

9. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    No it is definitely not on purpose. Going to keep trying to get the repro today.

10. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2630 Karmington, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    I've been trying to get a repro, but no luck yet. iPhone 5. Just playing Sunny Lake 01. Going in and out of the shop, toggling hardcore, not getting the repro.

I don't doubt it is happening, but I can't get an immediate repro, so there must be some specific thing triggering the problem, like a certain entity in the game or something. ( For example Metusalem's poison puddles would crash the save in a previous version. ) Any more clues welcome. For example. if you can get the reproduce it 100% in Night 1 of a certain Level? If you really want to help track it down, send a save: when the level restarts, pause the game and grab the savefile of that level and send it to us at [email protected]. ( Don't press home button, as minimizing the game will overwrite the save. )

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I just tried it myself. It worked no problem

12. roseshoes

roseshoes Member

Aug 10, 2013
    #2632 roseshoes, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Where is this save file i can find?

P.S. seriosly, just started to play the second level. Did this repro right the first time just for interes. Twice!

13. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    is this game support icloud ?

14. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2634 Karmington, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    You need to use an application like i-FunBox (free) to navigate to the Minigore 2 "Documents" folder (if you're using other tools, you might be looking for ms.games.minigore2 AppData/Documents/) and copy the whole shebang. Maybe zip it into one file, and send it over.

iCloud : Not at the moment. I know we should...Meanwhile if you want to port over a save you can use itunes to copy savefiles over between devices. I know it's clumsy...

15. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    thanks for the info , love your games ,your projects are unique ,wish the sales done well to support on your next game =)
    we had a good LOL moment while playing ice rage with friends ! and also like the everyplay replay thing impletmentation

16. roseshoes

roseshoes Member

Aug 10, 2013
    #2636 roseshoes, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Sent on support the save from the level wich i just got the repro.
    but google dont delived it. I dont have another mail to try from it. maybe there is a problem with your address?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mountainsheep.net by aspmx.l.google.com.

17. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Hi. Does Minigore 2 offer multi-player support? Via wifi/bluetooth? I know the first Minigore has that option. Thanks in advance!

18. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2638 Karmington, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    roseshoes : i pm you my email.

zdn1042 : we regret to say that multiplayer did not make into MG2.

19. jfkasdlgj

jfkasdlgj New Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I saw awhile back that you mentioned changing the blue moose spawn rate. After playing the first level (which is slow and "dull" compared to the rest) over 50 times, I finally found a blue moose.

...3 days later, I got the challenge for finding 15 blue meese. At this rate, there is no way I will ever be able to find 15 of them. Do you have any plans to change either their spawn rate or the challenge?

Thanks.

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha "meese"