Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Has the super shotgun box glitch been taken care of?

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I think Karmington said he fixed it immediately and that it would be out in the next update, which I would assume is this coming update.

Squashy what level are you at?

3. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Karmington!

Remember when I suggested that there be two companions if you picked up two crates in a row? Well, it seems like, at least in concept, you guys beat me to the punch. I just unlocked the ninja and noticed immediately that he has TWO mini ninjas as companions! That is awesome! See, that is exactly what I was talking about. More than one companion simply looks amazing, having a little army running around with you.

As the game currently stands, if I had one request, it would be voice for the characters that don't have any. I know I've said this before, but the voice work really adds A LOT of personality. For the secondary characters, it wouldn't have to be an entire dialogue, just a couple catch phrases or whatever. Adding voice to Jenny would be most important. I;d even pay for the extra voice work via IAP.

4. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Good to hear you appreciate the details! I tried to push for voicing Jenny, I had almost signed up a certain tech-wizardress for the job before I was told that the gig was promised originally to somebody else, and then it got left aside for the time being again... Sigh

5. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Haha, at least your heart's in the right place. Voicing Jenny seems to make the most sense to me as a starting point, since she is a Gore: John, Jerry, Kid and Jenny is the main 'living' family, as far as I can tell. Having all four of them voiced would make the most sense. Then Grandma and Grandpa.

Speaking of, why isn't the listing of characters in order of the family? Not that it matters, it just seems out of place with Jenny, Kid and the grandparents separated by the other characters.

6. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Karmington! New idea. Three words.

DUAL WIELD MELEE :D

Was using the ninja and felt a STRONG desire to wield TWO melee weapons.

Run that one by The Vihola ;)

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    It would be cool to be able to wield two different melee weapons at the same time. Like, pick up a saber, pick up a sword, go blade nuts! :D I imagine that would be pretty complicated to code though.

8. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    It wouldn't have to be two different melee weapons necessary, but just two of the same. It would be no different than dual cannons, or dual any weapon.

9. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    The dual companions have been in there since the beginning if I recall correctly. There are other characters that have a dual companion as well... like the penguin. We need more differences between the characters like this in order to be inspired to unlock them and level them up. If they all do basically the same thing, its just a skin. If the dual melee was ever implemented, I think it should only be with a specific character... like the ninja.

10. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Good post and I totally agree. That was one of the reasons I kept mentioning adding more voice, to give those extra characters more personality and more distinction. I'd almost rather see less characters with more development of a select few.

The idea of dual melee popped into my head while I was using the ninja, so him having it as his own unique trait would obviously make sense.

It's important to remember the age of this game and the chances of each character becoming more distinct. The chances are slim. So, I figure any way the concept of dual melee can be added would be a plus.

11. Jazzzed

Jun 23, 2009
    #2571 Jazzzed, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    The top-down view is interesting... and odd. It will take a while to get used to. I have a little glitchiness related to the new feature on my ipad 3. The top of the playing field turns black, and what you see is a bunch of smoke along with the enemies. Basically the graphic for the ground is missing. I think it is happening in moments where you would expect a camera angle change. I'm running ios 7.

Attached Files:

12. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Yup, agreed. I downloaded and played a quick session. The birds eye view will take some adjusting to and I have the same black area on the top of the screen as you do in your screen shot.

Will post more impressions later.

13. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    1) The shotgun crate switch has been fixed. Thank you for fixing that with the quickness, Big Daddy K.

2) The birds eye view 'darkening' at the top of the screen is a weird one. I started a new game and it wasn't there for almost an entire round, then it appeared, then disappeared again. Definitely a glitch. iPad 4, iOSgarbage I mean iOS7 :p

3) I'm not sure what the motivation was for the birds eye view other than variety, which I guess it does offer somewhat, but I will definitely be playing with the original view most of the time. It would be cool if there was an option to zoom in/pan out with the birds eye view.

14. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    The black area definitely appears when a boss fight comes around.

15. Jazzzed

Jun 23, 2009
    Have you checked out the rain from the Night Forest level when in bird's eye view? Its a trip...

16. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I just did. Yeah that makes me want to take some mushrooms :eek:

That level also reaffirms that the dark border appears with bosses, since there are so many boss fights on that level. Once the boss fight ends, no more black border.

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Have you by chance noticed that the mini gun sound effect is too soft?

18. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Darn QA missed the black line bug... Yes the minigun sound is a bit dampened, guess the packing algorithm monged it up.. Will try to squeeze a fix in for that as well.

19. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    Any news about adding new achievement? :)

20. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    And any news on an update for the overhead view black bar and minigun sound effect, Grand Master K?