Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I wish this game had controls like Pocket RPG's Advanced setup. The buttons are too far away for me to play comfortably on my iPad.

2. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #2462 Karmington, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    We actually have that free-flying stick code ready, but it was dropped in favor of keeping things simple. Suppose it would not hurt to enable the option for it. Will put on possible todo list.

3. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Few days ago we started working on OUYA version of Minigore 2 and as we work on that there's also a chance to do some fun update for the iPhone version as well. If you could choose between minigun or laser which weapon would you choose?

Btw. Here's video of the debug stuff Karmington has mentioned. Debug features are pretty great at highlighting how the different systems of a game function. You can see environment collision edges, where enemies will drop, their collision edges, loot pickup distance, where your bullet shells are gonna hit. The problem with releasing this stuff is that it also enables cheat codes: drop infinite amount of weapon crates, god mode, complete all challenges etc.

4. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #2464 SumoSplash, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    The man, the myth, the legend... The Vihola.

Are you asking us to choose between minigun and laser for a new weapon? Tell me, Timo, do you prefer puppies or kittens? Cookies or ice cream? A Ferrari or a Lamborghini? Such impossible choices!

Well, here's my answer: BOTH!!!!!

If I HAD to choose, I feel a minigun would probably fit the theme of the game better, since the weapons are already based around real world choices, like machine guns, shot guns and explosives. This I like, as it gives things a tangible feel. When you go the laser route you approach the sci-fi realm a little, and I don't know if it would fit as well.

Then again, it's all about how it's presented. Would it be a laser beam, or have you considered a laser cannon? The minigun, at the end of the day however, I KNOW would be good. You can never get enough minigun.

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    laser. one thing i would also like in an update is a way to turn the blood/gore off, that way i could be played by younger audiences. (yes, i know GORE is part of the name but...) but i love the game just how it is! its so fun!

6. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    Minigun, it fits the theme of the game and just imagine spraying bullets at your hearts content!

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    A laser shooting minigun. Everyone is happy.

8. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    Not a bad idea

9. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #2469 SumoSplash, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    Deleted.

10. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Um, what?

Um, no.

Not a bad idea at all. A minigun in appearance and functionality, but projectiles that are more laser-like. Ahhhh! Remember Terminator 1 when the Terminator got inside the hideaway and opened fire with the laser rifle during Reece's flashback?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laser minigun.

Anywho, I really think just a basic minigun with that Vihola magic would suit me just fine.

11. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I wish you were working on a Mac OSX version, which would go nicely with bike baron on macbook retina.

12. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    definitely Laser

13. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I think what melee is missing is some type of finishing attack, something to give them a little pop. For example, with the swords, it could be slash, slash, slash then a super slash. With the hammer, it could end with a super smash. Yeah, I think they are just missing that one extra attack to give them some flare.

14. jameW

jameW New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Dear dev, thanks

Dear minigore2 devs,

I felt it necessary to sign on here just so I can tell you how I feel about your game, Minigore 2. Gamers now a days love to complain loudly but rarely ever thank a great developer, so this is my personal thanks to you.

Minigore 1 lasted more than a year on my previous iPhones, a record no other games have archive this far. At some point, the game became a little repetitive and I had my fair share of good times, so we eventually parted ways. Last December, when MG2 was released, I SMASHED the buy button with full prejudice and had no clue I was in for this amazingly well done game.

The sheer amount of baddies is staggering. The over the top weapons are insane and the power ups impress like no other. However, nothing gives an adrenalin rush like the arena. It's truly the most fun I've had on my iPhone to date. Oh, I almost forgot the awesome graphics, cute-sy characters, clever speech and animation.

In this day and age where greed translates to games with garbage timers, double currency, and intrusive ads; it's really refreshing to know there are some true Devs left who will design a game out of love and not to prey on impulse buyers and the weak.

Minigore 2 is a work of art. Simple, addictive, fair, and most importantly; fun.

Thank you!

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Oh please do if you only need to enable the option. That would be a game changer to me for the iPad.

16. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Decisions, decisions. I want both but one weapon was asked for. I choose

MINIgun. The game is called MINIgore.

Minigun, Minigore.

Nuff said.

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    A very astute observation. It could be called the 'Minigure.'

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    How do you pronounce that?? =))

19. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    That's the beauty of it! I have no idea! :confused::eek::p

20. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Why would there be a need for a floating joystick? I think the controls are perfect the way they are myself.

SumoSplash's Wish List for Minigore 2 Content Update:

-Minigun
    -Ability to deselect weapons
    -Finishing attack for melee weapons
    -Voice for Jenny Gore
    -New board

I pray this night to the Minigods of Vihola, grant me these requests.