Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #2441 SumoSplash, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    Are you saying infinite ammo and only one weapon to use? If so, this could go along with my idea of customizing your run. If you have no drop boxes, then you would have to choose your weapon(s) from the outset. For example, you would choose the dual cannons, that would be your only weapon and you could have infinite ammo and no drop boxes would appear. It could be called the 'Infinite Singular' mode, for infinite ammo and singular weapon.

EDIT: Oh, and is there anyway the difficulty could be increased for Sunny Lake? I find that I never go there, simply because the difficulty takes about 5 nights to become a challenge.

2. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    this can spoil the game

3. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    The beauty of these forums is the ability to agree to disagree.

4. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student

5. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    The melee weapons are upgraded... they correspond to the level of the character. Every time you level up a character, so does his melee weapons. As for the infininte ammo idea, why not just play the original Minigore? Personally, I think that game is more fun than this version anyway.

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Ive been away from this game for a while now... Has any online multiplayer been announced?

7. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    With the melee, I'm saying that they would start out with a single attack. As your character upgrades, more attacks become added on.

I'm only throwing out ideas for the sake of discussion and to possibly see the game improve even more, since a content update could be possible down the road. Instead of playing Minigore 1, Minigore 1 could be felt a little inside Minigore 2.

8. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    It seems the devs consider multiplayer nearly impossible. Imagine how laggy it would be when 150+ enemies spawn on screen.

9. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #2449 Karmington, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    Re: Multiplayer, we decided to push the engine to the limits in singleplayer rather than compromising for multiplayer. Local multiplayer will probably be considered for the Ouya version, but online is out of the question at the moment.

Re: One weapon run, if you choose a DualM60 with endless ammo, it is a bit overpowered, so we would have to disable all the challenge and money stuff.. Which is not so good. A solution might be that you can lock out weapons, but MachineGun remains as default, and otherwise normal dropping ( If a weapon is spawned that is locked, it looks for the next available weapon of a lower tier ). This would actually make the game harder, though. Which makes it a bit of a question mark whether it is a good feature at all.

I think melee could be pushed to the next level, main problems are the amount of work involved to make more complex weapon systems, and the fact that we want to keep the control scheme brutally simple, so special attacks would just be random, as they are now ( some weapons have 'special moves' even now and affect the hit area ).

10. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    If an update is coming out soon, would you consider adding a feature that told you "you have completed "x amount" of "x amount" challenges"? I would like to know how much I've done so far.

11. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    Added challenge counter to the 'todo' list.

12. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Much appreciated!

13. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    If this idea was implemented, why not disable just challenges? If it makes the game harder, I think it's a good challenge...maybe as an unlockable that can be toggled on and off. That way players can choose whether they want an even harder time or not. Here are three modes that I can think of that would be cool to add

1.Weapon Lock
    Toggle weapons on and off. The higher tiered the weapon the longer it takes to drop. The lower the weapon the quicker it drops.

2.Endless Ammo-Infinite Singular (mentioned in previous posts)
    Characters have infinite ranged or melee ammo. Tradeoff would be no weapons dropped and disabled challenges (but not money). Could be added as an unlocked mode after all challenges were completed as a reward or unlocked via IAP if so desired?

3.Minigore 1 mode
    3 hits, no health box drops, infinite ammo with the weapons that were in the first Minigore game ONLY (machine guns, shotgun, grenade launcher, and dual weapons).

Thanks for reading (and possibly considering these suggestions).

14. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    Suggestions noted. Ouya portation has begun... In a while we will have a meeting and ponder on how much we want to push forwards.

15. jonnyboi51

jonnyboi51 New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    This game is awesome, definitely deserving of 5 stars for me. I think the reviewer could have rated it at least 4.5. :)

16. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Thank you!

17. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Thanks. Looking forward to hearing about what happens.

18. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Has anyone else had problems installing the last update? Cant play it because the update seems to have frozen....tried reseting to no avail and dont fancy uninstalling it in case it deletes all of my settings etc....

any ideas?

19. Drewskii

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Download ifunbox and back up the saved data. Delete the game and reinstall it and use ifunbox to copy over the save data you backed up.
    Hope this helps.

20. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    So far you seem to be the only one to get a corrupt download : got a Crashlytics message, "AppSupport : abortAfterFailingIntegrityCheck", 6 times 1 user. Hope it remains an isolated case, everybody else ok?