Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I think something like a burst button with cool down period is more practical than a dash.

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Burst, dash, whatever... Something that enables you to get away, and something that wouldn't be too extreme.

Karmington, I can say one thing I know for sure, and then I'll leave it up to you guys. You should never be forced to take damage in a game. If I am anticipating a move from an enemy and take measures in advance to ensure I escape danger and then still take damage, then there is a design flaw. The reaper is one such example, as is being swarmed by bunnies. Moreover, when an enemy has the ability to catch up to you and you are left with no weapons besides your standard ax, then you're toast through no fault of your own. There are instances (specifically at around the 1700-1800 mark of the arena) where weapon drops all but cease and I find myself running around in a circle, defenseless. I am all for the intensity of enemies breathing down your neck and a constant pace of action. You guys nailed that part. In terms of what is listed here though, the game most definitely needs some balance tweaks.

3. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    OK, so, just to highlight what I said above and THEN I'll be done, I just broke my 3700 mark, FINALLY, and this was because I got lucky with a third clover. But anyway, I made it to the three Domovoi, right below the 4000 mark. I was killed because there were zero weapon drops (except for a sword, which will do nothing for me in that situation) and then, after circling around with no weapons, the Domovoi caught up to me and killed me.

Textbook lack of weapon circle board in desperation while waiting for enemy to catch up and kill you defenseless.

4. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #2284 Karmington, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    It's a fine line to push things to the limits, and I fully appreciate the feedback. In (un)fairness, the arena pattern is obviously designed with very aggressive style, in which being perfectly fair to the player was not the designers first concern. Luck and randomness are also large factors in there. I believe the designer did pretty well in that we estimated a 10k cap on the pattern. In the end, we purposefully wanted it to have a fairly low scorecap primarily to keep the session short and full of mayhem.

5. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I believe you succeeded equally at intensity/mayhem and luck/randomness. I'm fine with the one and wish there was less of the other. But whatever. It's not going to stop me from playing, even though I feel I could be doing much better if things were a little more favored towards the player's ability.

6. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh hey I broke my record too :D 3900, and at around no32X on the Leaderboard!

7. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    288 here, with people above me having the same score. How many 'fake' scores are there? I thought I saw someone mention manipulation of the Leaderboards or something...

8. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    In the USA, at least the top 124 scores are fake. I'd say that your score is actually #164...

9. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    how do i transfer my game data/progress from 1 device to another without losing anything?

10. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2290 Karmington, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    A desktop application called iFunBox or iExplorer should do the trick. iTunes is able to do a 'backup' as well, and synchronizing that backup should retain the save.

11. faeflora

faeflora New Member

Mar 7, 2013
    I love this game buuut

please please PLEASE fix the apple ID login bug! It's one thing to have a bug in the game, but it sucks bad o have to reboot my phone adter I play to avoid continual apple ID popup windows.

It's really horrible. Will paypal $20 to make this game right :)

12. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2292 Karmington, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    That's the main bug we want to squash before we submit an update. While we are on it, you can just press 'Cancel' and your purchases should still be working. It's happening regularly for me too now, and yes it is mighty ugly indeed. There should be no need to reboot the device though?

After playing the arena a bit again, I admit I'm not a bug fan of the dry spells with no weapon drops either.

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    HAH!! Had a good taste of your own coding, dev? :p jk

14. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2294 Karmington, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    Re: The Apple ID request bug : I seem to be able to get rid of it by going to Settings / iTunes & App Stores, and signing out. "You can log out of your account by going into settings and choosing Store from the left-side menu. On the store page, simply touch where it says “Apple ID:” followed by your iTunes Account email address. This will give you the option to Sign Out. Once signed out, you can choose to sign back in and the problem should be solved." ( from http://funbird.co.uk/blog/tech-articals/troubleshooting-ipad-password-itunes-exchange/ ) After that, it asks for the password once but seems to be ok after that.

EDIT: we believe we found that Restoring Purchases may cause a transaction to get stuck in processing, and will be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile the logging out method explained above should clear the stuck transaction. Purchases are not affected as such, everything should work normally except for that annoying message.

15. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Does anybody know where I can find Hook Champ?

16. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Alright, I'm done.

I am officially boycotting the arena until some tweaks are made. I actually should not play any of the boards, since it is the same issue on all of them. Giant Furries jumping on top of my head with no way to defend or dodge them. Reaper walking right up to me as I am moving and swiping his scythe at me, no way to escape it, killing me dead in my tracks and ruining a potential high score run. It's ridiculous. Every game I have lost has been through no fault of my own. I am powerless to advance any farther, unless I get lucky, and there is no reason to play anymore if that is the scenario.

And I don't want to get the issues twisted, since I absolutely love this game. However, I am about to throw my phone across the room and I can't let that happen because of unbalanced gameplay mechanics.

17. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Get a case that will allow you then :p like for me, whenever I rage, I CAN throw my iPad across the room and it'll be okay xD

18. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    That's one good case O.O

19. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    What happened to the level editer that was going to be implemented in MG2?

20. hengying

hengying Member

Jan 12, 2010
    How to find and kill John Gore Beast

I'm stuck at this challenge:
    "INNER BEAST" - Kill John Gore Beast
    I found John Gore Beast at Graveyard I and Graveyard II, and kill it, but the challenge is not finished. I even tried to kill the Beast by "Inner Beast" mode, still not works.

Another challenge I don't understand is:
    "EXTINCTION EVENT I" - Kill 4000 enemies
    There is a zombie icon on the challenge.
    I killed some zombies, but the number did not reduced.
    I kill some zombies by zombie Gore, but the number did not reduced too.

Thanks!